bad lag

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anyone else getting pretty bad lag in wvw tonight? Doesn’t matter which bl, all are pretty laggy. Rubberbanding for 10 seconds at times.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Jemikwa.2571

Jemikwa.2571

Yes, it’s really really bad whenever we get into huge teamfights. Skills are fine when roaming or en route to an objective, but as soon as we get into a blob v blob fight skills decide to not work. They take a good 5 seconds to take effect and by that time we’re all dead :p This seems to be plaguing everyone in my squad.
I’m on SBI + HoD, and this happens whether we fight SoS or JQ

bad lag

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Yep, Was on FA account horrible lag.

Went to my SBI account, worse lol

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Every reset is the same.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

Tonight, the skill lag in the SoS/SBI/JQ match-up is really a joke, and it’s a bad one. You either need to limit the maximum number of players on a map to a quantity that your servers CAN HANDLE Effectively or vastly improve your hardware and/or software. Three to five second skill lag, if the skill depressed even goes off at all, is on the edge of unplayable. At some point you have to accept that your hardware and software have limitations and modify the game mode so that those limitations are not exceeded in order to provide the participants with a fluid and enjoyable gaming experience.

I usually WvW for no less than 8 hours on reset night and sometimes twice that amount of time. Tonight, after more than an hour of a 3 way in SoS keep with laughable lag, it’s proven to be more frustrating than fun. So…. sadly, I turned it off. :/

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Since a few days i have serious lag problems, usually i’d get some cause blobs are around but as of lately it’s almost unplayable at some points.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

This is a super rare moment for me as well.. First time is such a long time I encountered lag in this game at all that I thought my machine had a problem for a minute. Now I see it was just server issues… considering they died at least twice during reset…

… just call me … Tim :)

bad lag

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

This is a super rare moment for me as well.. First time is such a long time I encountered lag in this game at all that I thought my machine had a problem for a minute. Now I see it was just server issues… considering they died at least twice during reset…

Same here, haven’t really had lag in a long…long time. Something is wrong as people 20 minutes into reset were complaining every single map on my two different accounts.

It was unplayable for me and I just logged off. Serious lag issues anet.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

I skill-lagged worse defending SMC last night than I ever did in similar fights while we were linked to TC. Not sure if it was just a coincidence that there just happened to be more people in one place than I had previously experienced, or if the servers were hiccuping for other reasons.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Anet has spoken about this before, but the SMC fight between Mag/FA/DB was a joke. You could run through 150 people and barely take any damage because no one could get any skill off.

And then AFTER the fight was over, I had perma-quickness for 4 or 5 minutes even though I didnt have the boon.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

bad lag

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

For me I just like to roam, I’ll ride the occasional havoc crew just to get across the map, but even when I’m not near the big pug fights I’m still lagging. Just started up this Friday at reset and hasn’t stopped since.

I kinda gave up on wvw for now.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

For me I just like to roam, I’ll ride the occasional havoc crew just to get across the map, but even when I’m not near the big pug fights I’m still lagging. Just started up this Friday at reset and hasn’t stopped since.

It has been getting bad since before the reset, for a few days at least, and this has happened in the past as well, but yes it has definitely been a bit worse since reset. Tried 3 times to jump off a wall but kept being put right back on top of it.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: DiscordOfSound.2190

DiscordOfSound.2190

I had some very minor lag prior to the linking, but now it’s quite bad. Last week while linked with FA, due to the population the lag during SM or anywhere there were blobs fighting each other, skill lag was off the charts. Meaning around 6-8 seconds before your skills actually take effect. I play necro, so wells and marks take a couple of seconds before they are effective, but oh boy, trying to well bomb now is useless. That and the general lag where you try to move one moment well away from the zerg, only to find yourself mowed down and dying a moment later having no clue what happened.

At first I thought it was my HDD, since it was older, and eventually died last week. But with a newer SSD drive installed, I’m still having the same issue. Graphics are great, it runs smooth everywhere else, just not in WvW. I tested it out in the DS/AB/TD events with no lag.

I guess the best equivalent I can give is similar to the Shaman world boss. But I’ve never experienced 3-6 FPS in WvW before the linking.

Darkhaven server
[NaL]Neurological is always recruiting new members.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Yup, my wife had bad lag in wvw last night, and the night before. I had a little bit, but not horrible.

Pretty typical for a reset. Seems to usually clear up around Monday or Tuesday.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

It has been getting bad since before the reset, for a few days at least, and this has happened in the past as well, but yes it has definitely been a bit worse since reset. Tried 3 times to jump off a wall but kept being put right back on top of it.

Not saying there wasn’t lag last night, as there was. But what your experience sounds like is jumping off a wall right over an entry point…..that’ll throw you back up on the wall most everytime, unless you really jump off the wall to gain some distance on the entry point. (I just did this last night, not realizing I was over an entry point…..lol….but, this bug, if you can call it that, has been around for awhile)

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

bad lag

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Yup, my wife had bad lag in wvw last night, and the night before. I had a little bit, but not horrible.

Pretty typical for a reset. Seems to usually clear up around Monday or Tuesday.

Hoping that’s the case but I’m not missing anything great, I’m sure lol

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

worst lag for ages.
fps dropped off yesterday aswell, today not so bad.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Not saying there wasn’t lag last night, as there was. But what your experience sounds like is jumping off a wall right over an entry point…..that’ll throw you back up on the wall most everytime, unless you really jump off the wall to gain some distance on the entry point. (I just did this last night, not realizing I was over an entry point…..lol….but, this bug, if you can call it that, has been around for awhile)

Except it wasn’t. And this has happened before to people, just as the mass dc’s and skill lag had. Besides when you jump down into the portal, you actually fall pretty much to the ground before being placed back up.

about 12 hours ago there was someone complaining about dcing 5 times, and saw multiple people dc from the game a few times each. Overall though seemed better than fri or sat

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Yup, I froze so many times that I started to sing the Frozen theme song on TS.

Let me go, let me go, I have to raid don’t you know!

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

it will be another post on skill lag etc etc.

do in a pve map Shatterer or Jormag, more people playing, doesnt lag.
do Wvw and in a zerg fight 50 vs 50, and that trasform your 30mb internet connection and nasa computer, into a 14,6k connection and a 8086 computer.

time you Anet invest on better servers in Wvw.

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

bad lag

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

35 seconds in is what I’ve experienced. Even when I’m not near the fight just roaming.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

It’s really specific/uneven in PvE, actually. Great Jungle Wurm (in Caledon) always has a higher risk/intensity of skill lag than, say, Shatterer or Shadow Behemoth. I have not the slightest idea why.

bad lag

in WvW

Posted by: Feeh.1720

Feeh.1720

Please Anet fix our server lag ,__,