balance suggestion for ALL pull moves

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

Line of site SHOULD BE NEEDED so that pulling people actually requiers skill/person to be standing in a bad place. not standing 20m back from a cliff and still being pulled off

its the only really very unblanced non line of site move

in WvW

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

Pretty sure mesmer focus 4 is the only pull skill that ignores LOS. Easy to dodge though since it is so predictable.

It still won’t pull people over the lip on a wall or anything like that, fun skill on cliffs though Been able to yank someone off a cliff high enough that they get instakilled by fall dmg.

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

(edited by yertle.5837)

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Let me guess- you’re complaining about Temporal Curtain, one of only three skills a mesmer can use to reliably affect players on walls, the others being Chaos Storm (lol) and Feedback (no guarantee of damage).

Skill suggestions don’t belong here, but it has a 25 second cooldown, can be blocked by aegis, dodging, etc., and has to be placed fairly well to get the desired effect (aka placing it already requires los). There is nothing wrong with it, just don’t take huge risks by fighting near cliffs or standing on the edges of walls, and the problem is solved.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: Tenshi.3598

Tenshi.3598

Haha push skills are even more fun… at some point a zerg was fighting near a cliff… then they got pushed/feared/idk.

I was standing underneath and thinking “It’s raining men!”

This Glade has thorns…and here they are!

in WvW

Posted by: Ben Mason.8641

Ben Mason.8641

tbh I agree, I’m unsure as to the mesmer skill but I have been pulled from the far end of a wall all the way to the edge over the lip and off only to be slaughtered the moment I hit the ground, i agree its annoying to be pulled off siege, I’m fine with that its just being pulled over that distance and straight off the wall. Not every class has aegis and unless u can read minds its pretty hard to dodge with 30 enemy players in front of you. In my situation I couldn’t even see the mesmer he was below the wall.

AIM ~ Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Maybe next time you should consider building/manning your siege in a spot where there is a low wall protecting you instead of on a cliff.

The Mesmer’s ‘Into The Void’ from the Focus is probably the only real method of providing effective wall supression and protect their teammates from getting chewed up by arrowcarts (and they can only use it once every 25 seconds).

You were simply manning siege that was placed in a very poor spot. Let me guess; the ledge at the SW road leading to the Garrison? Every Mesmer knows (or should know) that spot is perfect for pulling people off. But it still requires skill to actually place their Curtain properly to attain the desired effect

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Katzyn.9703

Katzyn.9703

I have fun when people pull my ele off the walls…I drop a few aoes while popping my shields and tele if someone stuns me, and no matter what, even if they down me, I can get back in to my tower or whatever.

I will admit that it’s very frustrating if you can’t tank it, though.

Katzy (80 Sylvari Ranger), Katarzynea (80 Norn Elementalist),
Katalii (40ish Asuran Mesmer), Katalyn Galadheon (15ish Human Warrior)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Mesmers pull is one of the few abilities that can help you break a camp in a jumping puzzle as well.

Its positives outweigh its negatives and provides a useful function for the mesmer in a tower siege which mainly consists of using TC and dropping Time Warp on siege.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

I totally agreed with e topic creator. If a stupid ranger doing an aoe with his longbow needs line of sight, even though he is aiming at e sky, I dun see why pulling by Mesmer should not be los too. Oh wait, I forgotten, ranger is e most OP class in gw2. Comeon anet, pls nerf ranger more. Able to kill a rabbit wif just 1 hit is ridiculous.