balista spread shot

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

for real ? 20.000 damage to an single target in 1 skill ?
Arrow carts don;’t hit 1 single target 25 times if there is only 1 target in area
work as intended ?

Attachments:

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Don’t stand there.
Oh and defensive stats ftw.
Welcome to WvW!

balista spread shot

in WvW

Rayya.2591

Don’t stand there.
Welcome to WvW!

the skill is aoe. is instant cast, thx for your humble advice
Oh and sarcasm off please, we are not friends

no.1 WvW kills

balista spread shot

in WvW

LetoII.3782

It’s just a fact.
Don’t bunch up in a ballistas field of fire.
Stack toughness and vitality. Otherwise you’ll spend much of wvw taking dirt naps.
Not knowing this led to my final comment.
/sarcasm

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Don’t stand there.
Welcome to WvW!

It’s a cone isn’t it? So you’d only get hit with all those if you’re very close to the ballista?

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Don’t stand there.
Welcome to WvW!

It’s a cone isn’t it? So you’d only get hit with all those if you’re very close to the ballista?

Yes you have to be in melee range to get hit by all of them, I once one shot a guardian from full hp with it.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

balista spread shot

in WvW

Rayya.2591

It’s just a fact.
Don’t bunch up in a ballistas field of fire.
Stack toughness and vitality. Otherwise you’ll spend much of wvw taking dirt naps.
Not knowing this led to my final comment.
/sarcasm

sarcasm is sarcasm, but the sad part is when it comes from unexperienced players.

no.1 WvW kills

balista spread shot

in WvW

LetoII.3782

You keep using this word.
I do not think it means what you think it means.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

That isn’t enough.

Just one bolt should down any player instantly and there are plenty of players with over 20k in life.

All siege needs to hit much harder.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

Its like a shotgun, the closer you get the more deadly it is

balista spread shot

in WvW

Rayya.2591

You keep using this word.
I do not think it means what you think it means.

Stack toughness and vitality.

you saw the attached scren over 17000 hp -base hp of thief is 10700
you take 4500 from an balista wich mean you got betwen 2600 -2900 defence -thief armor is 1900 in full exotics, without toughness
That result i got 650 vitality / 700-1000 toughness from armor //traits, wich is more that you can obtain from Soldier armor /trinkets without including runes and traits
In fact , i really belive you were sarcastic /ironic, and you know optimal stats for all classes , but now i wonder if is not sarcasm …what is it ?

no.1 WvW kills

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

Sarcasm is not interchangeable with ironic. Dictionary.com ftw

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

No. I think the ballista missile should go straight through characters for an insta-kill. When it hits players, it now impales itself in its target. Players hit by ballista missiles spend their last few seconds kicking and screaming in a pool of blood.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

balista spread shot

in WvW

Rayya.2591

Sarcasm is not interchangeable with ironic. Dictionary.com ftw

nobody claimed it is
/ is not =
The slash is most commonly used as the word substitute for “or” which indicates a choice (often mutually-exclusive) is present.
Dictionary.com ftw

no.1 WvW kills

balista spread shot

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Look, at this point in the game millions of people have ate their first ballista bolt without screaming hax. It would really be appropriate to field 100 level questions in /map first.

The word we were looking for was condescending.

If I see a thread about “some hacker hit me with a dead cow” expect condescension. As this isn’t the help desk.

Once again, welcome to WvW

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Pray tell, friend, why doth thou stand in front of a shotgun? It’s like standing in the middle of a nuclear explosion; you’re more likely to die. Spread shot is pretty useless other than that as it requires you to be on level ground to the targets, which is rather annoying.

Still, let’s stand in front of this shotgun, pure logic. The further you are away from a spread shot firing weapon of any kind, the less effect/chance of hitting you if has – do not stand at point blank range you ninny.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

balista spread shot

in WvW

LetoII.3782

It likely tried to run out a pve rotation on the operator.

Big no-no for teh glassy ganker

balista spread shot

in WvW

Rayya.2591

Look, at this point in the game millions of people have ate their first ballista bolt without screaming hax. It would really be appropriate to field 100 level questions in /map first.

The word we were looking for was condescending.

If I see a thread about “some hacker hit me with a dead cow” expect condescension. As this isn’t the help desk.

Once again, welcome to WvW

Thank you again for the warm welcome.
when i will need your help i will send you an private message, but only after you get your first 1000 kills on wvwvw, if you don’t mind , i cannot take you serious yet, after your first advice.

no.1 WvW kills

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Don’t stand in melee range of a ballista.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Don’t stand in melee range of a ballista.

^This^ … but I really don’t think the OP gets that yet.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

balista spread shot

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Well, when I get to 1k, I’ll make a thread about it so you know.

But seriously, ask map. Your teammates actually care if you’re well informed. Arenanet doesn’t have staff for what you were hoping to get here. It’s just us meanies.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

HOLY KITTENS WVW DEVS
And this was “the patch” for wvw … so poorly designed …

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I’d just be grateful if Spread Shot worked in more than two dimensions. Pointless skill for wall-mounted ballista, as far as I can tell – it’s only useful in one situation, in which you’ve put a ballista on the ground and you’ve folks in melee range. Great for a lord room, lousy pretty much anywhere else.

It’s an expensive way to waste 5 points.

balista spread shot

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I’d just be grateful if Spread Shot worked in more than two dimensions. Pointless skill for wall-mounted ballista, as far as I can tell – it’s only useful in one situation, in which you’ve put a ballista on the ground and you’ve folks in melee range. Great for a lord room, lousy pretty much anywhere else.

It’s an expensive way to waste 5 points.

Sure did work good on at least one guy. Lol

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

its your fault if you run infront of the ballista specially if you do so and not even think about dodging.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Just out of curiosity, are you from the JQ server and happened to get hit like that when trying to take SoR bl northern supply camp just before reset?

:3 if you did, well your death was inevitable, either at the hand of 7+ balistas or the zergball that was sitting there waiting for reset.

That said, 17k hp isnt much and with no toughness or almost none, its to be expected.
I really hope youre not trying to use a pve build out in wvw, it just doesnt work.

Reducing balista damage would render the siege useless, it has limited use and is easy to counter. You have to always keep an eye out for siege.

Im guessing you tried to gank the operator and got owned, its actually funny to see that happen to a thief

And btw, siege bunker = -5% dmg
Balista mastery = +25% dmg. I heard rumors it might get reduced though

so you are still getting hit for +20% if the operator specked in that.

balista spread shot

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I hope Anet does not nerf the siege.

These devices are supposed to be deadly and powerful. Too often damage is all ready mitigated by the stacking concept alone with fairly long cool downs on the skills.

It would be nice if they could “crit” for a one hit just to keep those pesky roamers from taking so many liberties while moving around the maps. They might be a great deal more cautious when they get an instant death while trying to cap that control point, or taunt us from our tower knowing the first hit is no danger at all.

The spread shot is great in melee range but pointless outside of that.

I would like to see canons get some love as well. They are decent for damage but do very little to stop a zerg on approach without plenty of support. A few might get downed from a cannon, and a one might die if he is full glass, but they can take out that cannon super fast without much resistance after the first couple of shots.