blow it up and rebuild

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: kkiutt.3619

kkiutt.3619

who here think that the current wvw should be blowed up and rebuilt,, wich was an option that anet actual;y considered,,

i know i think it might be best,, a complete reset,,

and while i am it, they should add something to prevent haveing the same servers as oponent for more then 2 week,,give us a bit of variety, that might help poeple feel less discouraged when you spend a whole year stuck with the same oponent

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The servers population has a big gap, so get paired with diferent servers would not be a good ideea.

But yes WvW is to ugly to play atm :\ not much changed from its release, blob and wait until ur blobbed back, lack of objectives besides farm towers/keeps rewards.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

There have been several posts in the past months calling for this. It’s probably still too controversial since the majority of players are on the “host” servers and many of these would rather see other people (“guest” servers) pay the price for the state of WvW.

A complete reset maybe fair, but that doesn’t make it the best option commercially and Anet like any company needs to make money.

I must say however that I disagree with Aeolus – a lot has changed since the release of GW2 and WvW: stability, Desert BL, conditions, elites and the dev team to name but a few factors. The problem lies in integrating all these changes in a balanced way – and that’s not quite what has happened. At least a complete reset could coincide with separating WvW from PvE and PvP, allowing some fundamental balance changes to occur. Unfortunately to do this requires planning and time to code it all, and although this could all be neatly built into the next expansion I wonder if that will be too late.

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Game is too old and set to do that. The population of WvW hardly merits any significant change these days.

If you are the dev and you can work on project that 90% of the players will enjoy or one that less than 5% will, what would you focus on?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

If ANET presents a set of solutions that might help slow or prevent things from ending back up where they are now then I would fully support the nuclear option of starting over. And I am even one of those world pride community first types. At this point I wouldn’t even mind seeing their evil Alliance idea on the table to better visualize the options since what we have now definitely needs a change.

They would be wise to do something that major in conjunction with another expansion or living world series that would be attracting a return of former or new players of course and I am really not sure WvW as we know it will make that far into the future but we can always hope.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I can also agree that alot have changed, but that does not change the fact that WvW did not went all good with those changes. the issue is the impact of those changes did not improve the game, i felt the game is now much less skillfull overall, expecially on WvW, and looks like alto of people got tired of those changes.

Imo they loose to much time/resources on tunning WvW, to achieve a same mistake with different aproach, linking server is a good example, has nothign changed, big server vs small vs smallets, it is a karma train model… while someday somethign will apear with another name that will also no resolve the stackeck server nor improving the game.

They should change WvW to something simple that leads to wvw process being more mistake proof, keep it simple and with quality, the more weird resolves they add to the game more strange the game will become…

Anet talked about a inovate game,, yeah right while their are not being inovative to fix the own game problems, giving bad solutions (as in placebos or temporary fixes) is not being inovative, sometimes we need to start from something stable to achieve something inovative.

PariahX.6970, some npc stating a 3 faction war over Mist, resources would be a nice start for WvWvW, and a good lead for mething simple and easy to manage….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

There have been several posts in the past months calling for this. It’s probably still too controversial since the majority of players are on the “host” servers and many of these would rather see other people (“guest” servers) pay the price for the state of WvW.

A complete reset maybe fair, but that doesn’t make it the best option commercially and Anet like any company needs to make money.

It is not impossible, a failing game (Evolve) did do something like that. You can probably youtube Evolve Stage 2.0. Is it an equal comparison? No, but the important thing you can take away is that it was a single Gamemode that was reset (important to note the free to play model switch too).

The glaring problem with WvW is that across the board…it is an inconsistent experience. Mixture of ktraining empty objectives with impunity, laggy blob fights, running simulator, and emptiness. Most of which you could probably solve with time segregated servers based on population data (note: that doesn’t mean objective persistence is lost, rather just paused.)

I must say however that I disagree with Aeolus – a lot has changed since the release of GW2 and WvW: stability, Desert BL, conditions, elites and the dev team to name but a few factors. The problem lies in integrating all these changes in a balanced way – and that’s not quite what has happened. At least a complete reset could coincide with separating WvW from PvE and PvP, allowing some fundamental balance changes to occur. Unfortunately to do this requires planning and time to code it all, and although this could all be neatly built into the next expansion I wonder if that will be too late.

For five years, that is not a lot of actual content. So far, we have had 2 maps added (Eotm, and Desert Borderland). One of which was voted out. Stability, and conditions is a feature/balance change that was more of a result from PvE balancing imo. I.e. conditions didn’t work on HP bloated enemies because they could not scale up well, so now they stack. Elites is slippery to count as content, and it alienated players to be sure. Is it content? Sort of, more closer to balance changes (since it affected balance the most). Initially it forced players out of WvW to get elites… yeah?

The game play loop of WvW did not change much. And actual content either changes or expands upon that (which is why Maps will be considered content by most people). Feature creep should not be look at as said content (balance, reward tracks, passive statistics from ranking, anything else that doesn’t affect the game play loop).

As for the addition of a dev team? Well, the idea is nice. I wish they were more than just two or so people…

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

We also had the alpine reworked from the original lake + island in the middle to the bloodlust capture points. But that’s an adjustment to an existing map.

blow it up and rebuild

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

First thing first, the blow it up option is not simply blow it up once. It is to blow it up every X months, recreating X servers base on demands. Then, having predetermined rules for joining the servers to balance the population. Servers population will always be kept similar to one another, transferring then become more pointless. This option emphases not on individual’s desires but spirit of competition.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com