camping in WVW eq jumpping puzzle

in WvW

Posted by: johnny.1560

johnny.1560

these is a very serious problem
there some player from balckgate?3 serveries ?SOS BG and JQ)
standing at the top of the well in EQ jumping puzzle in th last 30min from jumping puzzle chest reset.
they get noting but keep standing there and killing and stopping the player who want to get the JP reward
that is very nausea and they just do it for fun
it is very sick and once the puzzle rest they just leave
i know that it is in wvw and there must be battle there
but doing this and killing the other just for fun and stoping them to get reward at last 30min?
thet really make me sick
people who play this game is for fun but not to satisfy these psychopath
it is dishonor and immoral
hope that something can be fix to stop it

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ZestyDogSauce.2750

ZestyDogSauce.2750

Pretty easy to stop it yourself: Get a group of friendlies, kick the JP campers’ bums, then go on your merry way getting your PvE rewards that you seem to expect should be unguarded in a PvP zone.

Sanctum of Rall – Great Whitebuffalo – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

I know when I enter a PvP zone I expect everyone to be friends.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

johnny.1560

Pretty easy to stop it yourself: Get a group of friendlies, kick the JP campers’ kitten then go on your merry way getting your PvE rewards that you seem to expect should be unguarded in a PvP zone.

yep i get 2 group and still cant do it·
cause they are at the higher place and it is very hard to defeat them

in WvW

johnny.1560

point is that they doing this for no reason and being a camper at JP to stop other player to get it at the last 30min
it is really sick

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

- Mystic Fountain

-Invul skills and stability

-PvP in a PvP zone

-PvE tears

-Delicious.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

point is that they doing this for no reason and being a camper at JP to stop other player to get it at the last 30min
it is really sick

Yes. They are doing it to stop other players from finishing it.

I think the dev intent was for servers to fight over the JP like they fight for other areas on the map.

It’s not a PVP-free zone wthin the PVP map….it’s a place for servers to fight over.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: ZestyDogSauce.2750

ZestyDogSauce.2750

it is really sick

My advice other than just wiping them out (siege in JP is not unheard of either, ACs work!) is maybe you could plan a different time to do your JP instead of 30min before reset, on the busiest night of WvWvW

Sanctum of Rall – Great Whitebuffalo – [Choo]

in WvW

johnny.1560

it is really sick

Yes. They are doing it to stop other players from finishing it.

I think the dev intent was for servers to fight over the JP like they fight for other areas on the map.

It’s not a PVP-free zone wthin the PVP map….it’s a place for servers to fight over.

well i mean if they just attack the other in jp i have nothing to said because it happen every day but being a camper there for the last 30min that the JP is about to reset?
that is really sick

well if i m doing the jp and someone kill me ,ok that is fine i will re-star it
not a big deal
but if there stand in the same place and keeping doing this again and again?
how do u thing?

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerhorn.1347

Hammerhorn.1347

I love these people who think the JP is supposed to be a fluffy warm place to hug and help enemies through to get free golems …..they bring me badges.

Guild Leader of Valiant Sword
Commander Hammerhorn Da Great
Defender of Anvil Rock 80 Guardian / 80 Thief / 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

I’ve had some great fun fighting people at the entrance of the EB jp. It can be a good place to fight without worries about taking objectives.

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.5391

Undermine.5391

(siege in JP is not unheard of either, ACs work!)

Siege was recently blocked from deployment in EB Jump Puzzle.

The is no point QQing about people that attack others in the Jump Puzzle. This is the only place in the game that adds the PK element to GW2. GW2 has a place for everyone. There are sPvP zones for people that want a more pure PvP flavor. There is the PvE zones for people that do not like conflict. There is WvW for people that like to mix PvP with PvE. And then there is the Jump Puzzles in WvW that give the PK joy.

You enter the WvW with the consent and knowledge that you may be attacked and killed. And when you do, stop crying about it because if you don’t like it, stop going to these places.

The rewards of these chests are WvW rewards. Why should anyone allow you to get the rewards and free Siege that will ultimately be used to kill the people defending and their Towers, Keeps and Castles?

I have never seen any person that I let pass me to get the chest drop their siege rewards as a sign that they are truly passive.

Just because you have unrealistic morals should not mean everyone should also feel the same as you. The jump puzzle is also one of the only places in WvW that you can get solo fighting.

There are also Mystic Fountains that give 5 minute of Stealth. I can do the jump puzzle in 5 minutes… I can get from the first fountain to the next fountain before the “Indiana Jones” Section to reset my 5 minutes then traverse the well, next area and YES through the dark room with STEALTH from the fountain and to the top of the arena. Run to the last fountain to re-apply stealth and head to the top of the puzzle unseen. So I found the original post amusing that he could not get to the chest reward. Obviously, he does not know you can stealth through the entire puzzle via “Mystic Fountain.”

And as you dash to the chest, at the top, USE your 2 evades through any AoE hit the chest and run… very simple… There really is no need to cry about anything going on because no one can really stop you if you know what you are doing and use the fountains.

in WvW

johnny.1560

(siege in JP is not unheard of either, ACs work!)

Siege was recently blocked from deployment in EB Jump Puzzle.

The is no point QQing about people that attack others in the Jump Puzzle. This is the only place in the game that adds the PK element to GW2. GW2 has a place for everyone. There are sPvP zones for people that want a more pure PvP flavor. There is the PvE zones for people that do not like conflict. There is WvW for people that like to mix PvP with PvE. And then there is the Jump Puzzles in WvW that give the PK joy.

You enter the WvW with the consent and knowledge that you may be attacked and killed. And when you do, stop crying about it because if you don’t like it, stop going to these places.

The rewards of these chests are WvW rewards. Why should anyone allow you to get the rewards and free Siege that will ultimately be used to kill the people defending and their Towers, Keeps and Castles?

I have never seen any person that I let pass me to get the chest drop their siege rewards as a sign that they are truly passive.

Just because you have unrealistic morals should not mean everyone should also feel the same as you. The jump puzzle is also one of the only places in WvW that you can get solo fighting.

There are also Mystic Fountains that give 5 minute of Stealth. I can do the jump puzzle in 5 minutes… I can get from the first fountain to the next fountain before the “Indiana Jones” Section to reset my 5 minutes then traverse the well, next area and YES through the dark room with STEALTH from the fountain and to the top of the arena. Run to the last fountain to re-apply stealth and head to the top of the puzzle unseen. So I found the original post amusing that he could not get to the chest reward. Obviously, he does not know you can stealth through the entire puzzle via “Mystic Fountain.”

And as you dash to the chest, at the top, USE your 2 evades through any AoE hit the chest and run… very simple… There really is no need to cry about anything going on because no one can really stop you if you know what you are doing and use the fountains.

piont is about camping

in WvW

Undermine.5391

piont is about camping

Since when is camping wrong or illegal?

And when does enemy camping really stop you?

USE the mystic fountains and stealth past them. It really is a non-issue. But if you are after revenge… get a group, all use mystic fountain and ambush them. This is not about camping it is about QQing.

in WvW

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

If they’re camping the jumping puzzle, that’s X amount of people not defending their stuff. Get some guildies together and drumroll please…. go take their stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

So what if they camp. That’s how some people get their fun, from killing people. It serves some kind of purpose of denying free siege also. If you’re there for badges, well try doing some actual WvW if you can’t get through the puzzle.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

sigh
The Jp’s should not be “territory” to fight over…
I believe they were meant as an alternate source of badges for people that don’t like PvP as much
all camping does is make people mad
but then when they come onto the forums they just get laughed at and called a “PvE Noob”
its sick
and I am really tired of it
and its the reason I am not purchasing ANYTHING from Anet until something is done about this

and for all of you campers do something for me
make a lvl 1 alt
and try to do a JP being camped by some enemies
then try to get a group without asking your guild for help…
then maybe you will feel our pain

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

That’s the thing though.

There shouldn’t be an alternate source of badges for people who don’t play PvP. Simple as that. You should be completely denied access to badges if you don’t play WvW.

Every enemy camping the jump puzzle is an enemy not fighting in the battlefield. I’m okay with this because the only people who whine about this are the “PvE Noobs” for whom I have no respect for.

Your point about a level 1 alt is irrelevant as well. Thats part of the whole problem. Don’t bring underleveled characters who can’t take the heat into the puzzle.

Stop acting like you deserve to get a legendary without actually playing WvW the way it was intended.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

sigh
I believe they were meant as an alternate source of badges for people that don’t like PvP as much
but then when they come onto the forums they just get laughed at and called a “PvE Noob”
its sick
and its the reason I am not purchasing ANYTHING from Anet until something is done about this

make a lvl 1 alt

you are whats wrong with the gaming community these days in general. you are not entitled to get badges, you have to earn them.

why would you try and do the puzzle with a level 1 alt without any friends with you if you know its being camped? be good at pvp, go in with your friends and some mesmers, and kill the campers.

and guess what, if you suck so badly that you can’t do it, you have other means of getting badges, like.. you know actually playing wvw. you get badges slower sure, you’re not entitled to get the treasure

its not anet’s job to allow you to do it. its their job to give you the means to be able to do it, and now that they’ve disabled siege in the puzzle, i would say they have done the job. the rest is up to you.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

sigh
its sick

make a lvl 1 alt

In other words you want badges without the combat effort, hilarious.
If jp was really made for people who don’t like PvP then it would be a non-pvp zone.
WvW is a PvE and PvP zone, you have to learn both aspects of it.
Go do pure PvE if you can’t stand the heat of fighting other, you don’t deserve to get a legendary if you can’t.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Agreed with the others you have to earn it, they are called “badges of honor” not badges of jumping or badges of friendship after all…as I said in the other post, grow a pair and kill some people(which if you didn’t know also gets you badges)

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Badges should not be in the jumping puzzle chest.

If you cannot kill another player for a badge, you deserve no badges.

I’ve had some fun fights in the jumping puzzle and that was when they had siege.

Nothing wrong with campers then since it is a PvP zone.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

to the OP, its not going to change and all you’ll get for posting is the usual “pfft, you is n00b, learn to pvp vs my 15 idiot friends” your options are 1) realise that mentality means its always camped by idiots 2) just ignore it and join the wvw zerg or 3) drop the game and forget about the 11 year old wannabes. The games aiming more and more at the “i’m cooler than you kay?” crowd. And to Anet, you added the chest as a way to get badges by doing the PUZZLE so PvE folks could ignore the WvW as they didn’t want to play it, you’ve also classified WvW as a PvE mapping area. Fix it and choose either PvE or PvP. Make it clear what was going through your minds when you decided to mix n match 2 completely different playstyles.

(edited by Talissa Chan.7208)

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

to the OP, its not going to change and all you’ll get for posting is the usual “pfft, you is n00b, learn to pvp vs my 15 idiot friends” your options are 1) realise that mentality means its always camped by idiots 2) just ignore it and join the wvw zerg or 3) drop the game and forget about the 11 year old wannabes. The games aiming more and more at the “i’m cooler than you kay?” crowd. And to Anet, you added the chest as a way to get badges by doing the PUZZLE so PvE folks could ignore the WvW as they didn’t want to play it, you’ve also classified WvW as a PvE mapping area. Fix it and choose either PvE or PvP. Make it clear what was going through your minds when you decided to mix n match 2 completely different playstyles.

you aren’t ever required to join wvw for anything. you join because you want a legendary, guess what, you dont have the right for it to be handed to you just because you dont want to pvp. go pve your heart out with exotics, legendaries aren’t any better.

in WvW

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

Am i missing something here? Why do people need so much badges of honor with the exception of a legendary? Even now i have over 2k badges banked up in the hopes that I might one day be able to purchase decent exotic (or ascended) wvw gear instead of the rubbish gear that is currently available.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Even for just doing the jumping puzzle you should at least have to PVP enough to get those badges for the legendary, also funny how PVErs complain so much about just that while it’s a pain for us WVWers to really get any good armor sets by just doing WVW w/o spending a ton of money

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Undermine.5391

sigh
its sick

make a lvl 1 alt

Wow. This statement is out of pure ignorance…

Look at the jump puzzle… it was designed purely for griefers… It was designed for people to camp bottlenecks and high ground…. It was designed for people to fight and defend over TRAPS…

This puzzle was not designed and alternate “care bear” way of getting badges. If you want 20 badges, earn them. Stop QQing about people performing PvP in a zone for PvP….

And no one cares if you are not spending anymore money, you spent enough, and others will continue to spend money… No change is necessary, the system is great the way it is.

(edited by Undermine.5391)

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

I’ll never understand people who go to a pvp zone, get pvped, then say to themselves “there’s something legitimately wrong with me getting pvped in a pvp zone, I should go complain about this in the forums, that’s going to help”. If you think about what you’re saying for a half a second you’ll realize it makes no sense at all.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Honestly they just should take away these jump puzzles, so much complaints about ‘’getting griefed in the war zone’’

They should add badges as reward for taking objectives too or something like that, because people even call this badges of jumping.

The people who stay there or just queue for jumping…are a disgrace for the whole wvw system.

I took an arrow to the knee

(edited by JemL.3501)

in WvW

Undermine.5391

You get badges for taking objectives if you do damage to the Supervisor/Lord.

As for the puzzle, it was added for the griefers. There had to be place in the game to fill the need of the PKer. GW2 has a place for every play style. Badges at the end of the puzzle is the reward for the survivor and a lure for the victim.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If they’re camping, you lose. Simple. Just go another time.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Gobi.7508

Gobi.7508

ROFLAWLOLOLOHAHAHA another JP post… Come on man… You know weve been waiting for which one of you going to post it on forum about it… Ding…..Ding….Ding.. We got the winner…. You just made our day.. Keep it coming bro..

-BeeGee

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I personally encourage any and all campers to camp harder, longer, and more aggressive.

When I see campers, I go all “Challenge Accepted” mode.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

There is no longer siege allowed to be deployed in the jump puzzles. Any legitimate concerns from being prevented from finishing the puzzle with out counter are long gone now.

If you step into the EB puzzle. Get ready to PVP. Especially if you’re a camper. I kill you first.

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

You have no right to finish the EB jumping puzzle.

I assume you mainly PVE and are trying to get your Gift of Battle. That’s cool. We’re trying to WvW, and you being in EB takes up a spot for a more worthwhile addition to your server.

As far as JP’s being an alternate source of badges, maybe – I think they are rather a source to get them for more low-pop servers who don’t get big fights and badge farms. I’d rather see them give no badges and any gold related (Legendary) requirements removed aside from the Icy Runestones and all stages be related to in game achievements. Complete all the content the game has to offer at a high level, get a Legendary.