commanders kicking Rangers and Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Actually the problem is that the builds the theifs and rangers can run that comes up everytime in defense of them being kicked no one runs. Why? becasue thiefs and rangers are primarily gank and roaming classes and those builds are terrible at roaming and ganking people.

That being said sure a Druid can put out heals, but a druid doesn’t heal better than a tempest and lacks the cc and utility of a tempest so ya.

Thiefs can run venom share, but they need to be supported in the same way a necro, a rev or a warrior needs to be supported and there is not room in a comp for them becasue they end up taking a slot better suited for a rev or somthing.

Learn how to play the game,

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Look at the party composition of this squad, notice anything about druids, thieves and warriors? – #notwanted – which is gross, anet should balance this, or make it so commanders cant kick

Its things like this that make wvw’ers have to come on forums and explain why anet shouldnt take concept ideas about wvw from pve’ers.

oh so ur advocating that anet shouldn’t balance their classes? and what makes you think i pve? And sorry but wvw has been a joke mode since tournaments.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

That being said sure a Druid can put out heals, but a druid doesn’t heal better than a tempest and lacks the cc and utility of a tempest so ya.

It was my understanding that a druid heals more than a tempest. I guess it’s arguable if giving up what a tempest brings is worth it, but anyone not wanting a druid in their PUG frontline party is a complete and utter idiot. It’s not like these types of differences mean anything when you account for player experience and skill.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

lol like if it matters, ive been in squads where there is plenty of rangers/thieves and still win vs the those so called meta necro/guardian worms, the problem is some people think they lose fights because classes and/or their guildies werent in the squad, the real reason is their poor performance that is why they started to kick

dont worry about being in the squad

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Also anytime anyone whines about you being on a specific profession in WvW, I reference them to the fact that you can literally run around in T1 in zerg v zerg fights 100% naked, as long as you’re on the commander and using dodges appropriately. Paying attention is far more important than any other factor.

There was a great video about 4 years ago of some dude on BG back in its prime fighting in a blob v blob fight naked in the middle of siege to prove that point.

in WvW

Posted by: yav.4952

yav.4952

Look at the party composition of this squad, notice anything about druids, thieves and warriors? – #notwanted – which is gross, anet should balance this, or make it so commanders cant kick

Hey look, a squad I was organising!

1. Thieves will always be put into their own group
  2. If a druid is using delicious rice balls they will be given a melee group. If they’re not using food or have power food on, to the special “I don’t know where to put you” party they go
  3. Core rangers will be put with thieves
  4. If a chronomancer is not using SoI, no melee group for them either
  5. Warriors and scrappers will be given stab parties, if there are open spots
  6. Like druids, tempests using rice balls will be automatically given melee groups
  7. Backline tempests will get stab groups once there are no more healers to occupy those spots instead

the commander kicked from the party of thieves and war’s and vanilla classes that joined when he got full.

Actually, no.

No one from that party was ever kicked.

The warrior that stuck around eventually got a stab party (he was even in my group :O, shocking I know) Even the thief ended up getting a group.

Attachments:

Delayed [LATE] – OCX

in WvW

Posted by: JessieAngel.6254

JessieAngel.6254

So it’s ok for a commander to ask people to join the squad when he has no one play for almost 2 hours and when he finally has the people he wants he labels us as junk and kicks you from the squad lol. and they wonder why people don’t play WvW

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

So it’s ok for a commander to ask people to join the squad when he has no one play for almost 2 hours and when he finally has the people he wants he labels us as junk and kicks you from the squad lol. and they wonder why people don’t play WvW

Squads are for organizing boons. If you’re not in the squad you are probably a gank and don’t need boons. If a melee unit runs in with no squad support they’re going to die, if you’re running a thief, you have zero need of stability or resistance, etc.

It’s not insulting to not be in the squad; its a practical issue. Get a grip people, stop taking it personally.

in WvW

JessieAngel.6254

That’s not the point I don’t care if im in a squad or not you don’t ask people to join the squad and even ask for siege weapons donations then after 2 hours kick them off the squad like junk with not even a explanation. And this was not a new commander. And im not new to WvW I have been playing for 4 years lol

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Ya it is the point. You’re taking it personally when it’s almost certainly not. How are you not taking this personally when you’re getting upset?

in WvW

JessieAngel.6254

Even better what ArenaNet should do is if a tower or keep gets captured with no one in it the world that owns the keep or tower must get a big penalty, that will stop this all about the blob mentality

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I don’t see a problem, they would prefer to bring something more useful which then allows you to do something else if you wish. Going into dungeons/fractals/raids you are expected to bring certain classes or builds and if you fail to meet the requirements you will be kicked from those as well. In WvW thieves are expected to do smaller objectives and depending on the ranger they can be support or dps, most commanders have no problem with support druids but a longbow ranger is a hindrance in large scale fights because 99% are garbage.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

Ignore these narrow minded people and join me. I command in CD I wont kick you.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It was my understanding that a druid heals more than a tempest. I guess it’s arguable if giving up what a tempest brings is worth it, but anyone not wanting a druid in their PUG frontline party is a complete and utter idiot. It’s not like these types of differences mean anything when you account for player experience and skill.

This isn’t pve raid, this is wvw where people do moves and do spread. Tempest heals much better in the given situations while giving more than what druid could bring. It isn’t arguable, it is a fact, is the same reason why some people would want magi tempest for matt raid.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Good players will always be great either in the squad or better yet as a harassment party supporting the blob with these classes.

It’s also worth pointing to out that rangers and thieves are also excellent roamers with great mobility and can usually outrun most other classes to somewhere even as a blob.

Though with the change to choking gas thieves just became exceptionally useful for destroying healing and stab as a party.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

You should understand something. Rangers and thieves are not zerg characters. If you want to roll with the ball pick a gua. If you are a ranger or thief you just steal precious heal, buff.
Warriors and eles are also a little bit out of current meta. A perfect blob contains 40 guas, max 10 warrs, max 10 eles and the others are necros. You can replace a few of them for heralds.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Then stop joining/supporting that specific comm.its prob a tryhard that fails often anyway,only want the easymode zerg classes that can spamm aoe’s and press 1111111.Just make your own partys and do your own stuff,you can still follow the tag along anyway,dont let any dipshit tell you what to do or not to do.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Then stop joining/supporting that specific comm.its prob a tryhard that fails often anyway,only want the easymode zerg classes that can spamm aoe’s and press 1111111.Just make your own partys and do your own stuff,you can still follow the tag along anyway,dont let any dipshit tell you what to do or not to do.

If anything it’s the opposite – a commander which takes care of the squad composition. I am not for profession discrimination at all but people have already explained why having some of the professions in a squad is less than desired.

(edited by holodoc.5748)

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

They have full right to it.

Now let me ask you something: you join a squad lead by some guy, and when you get kicked since you do not meet his requirements you say it is messed up. Why? Do you consider someone is obliged to invite you to party and keep playing with you even if they don’t like you?

Get yourself a tag, learn wvw tactics and strategies, and lead your own squad. Now you decide who gets kicked and who stays in.

There are few useless professions zerg-wise. If you are it and squad is full you will probably kiss it goodbye as the first one. Next, comm will probably check your food and utility buffs. You have none or they are crap: bye bye!

Zerg is about mutual buffing and utility. If you are thief or ranger you are the first one to get kicked.

inb4. uuuu, but we thieves give you stun venom for entire party.

hahaha, stop it, it’s still useless. Thieves are useless in wvw, so is ranger.

(edited by vove.2768)

in WvW

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

I do not care. I walk in the Zerg area with my thief and do my own thing. I find it more annoying and lend off when I am invited into the squad. This has the great advantage that I do not have to listen to the chatter in VOIP Chat.
My main task as a thief is anyway solo and small group roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Be a cog in the machine not a wrench in the gears

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If you get kicked and it annoys you, get friends on their ranger/teef and follow that sadmander to annoy him back. Theres no need to be in a squad anyway.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

JessieAngel.6254

@vove.2768 you obviously did not read my complete post.(the commander Added Us To His Squad because he had just gotten to the map and after 2 hours when he had a big enough squad he kicked all the rangers and Thief with no explanation.

in WvW

Posted by: Skitter.7389

Skitter.7389

Ranger and thiefs are useless as fuc… in a zerg!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They should get their own group XD, let the aoe spamway stacking do their work while they could be pew pewing from far (like a separate group in the blob/squad but still belongs in it), thiefs would gank straglers from the enemy tail or pull targets with scorp wire that got no stability.

Game is all about be cheap and stack, while u stack to achieve some broken result ur playing the game well.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

JessieAngel.6254

Good point you have there,
Skitter.7389 if so why did he ad the rangers and thiefs in the first place if he does not want them? We were good enough when he had no one?

(edited by JessieAngel.6254)

in WvW

Posted by: Skitter.7389

Skitter.7389

I dont know which zerg needs Ranger and thiefs…

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

This isn’t pve raid, this is wvw where people do moves and do spread. Tempest heals much better in the given situations while giving more than what druid could bring. It isn’t arguable, it is a fact, is the same reason why some people would want magi tempest for matt raid.

I’m not talking about raid healing builds, what am I an idiot?

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

How about you stop complaining and play a real WvW class.

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Read.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Read.

I said you can argue one way or the other whether giving up a tempest is worth it, but a druid can heal more. That’s the point, it’s not that important. Not wanting a frontline druid in a PUG is just ignorance.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Also anytime anyone whines about you being on a specific profession in WvW, I reference them to the fact that you can literally run around in T1 in zerg v zerg fights 100% naked, as long as you’re on the commander and using dodges appropriately. Paying attention is far more important than any other factor.

There was a great video about 4 years ago of some dude on BG back in its prime fighting in a blob v blob fight naked in the middle of siege to prove that point.

It’s a lot harder with the power creep since HoT and people learning the game more after the years though. I mean, I used to 1vX on an uplevel, but pretty sure that doesn’t fly anymore.

But the thing here, is that such a notion doesn’t defend the inferiority of various classes in large scale combat. It only defends the player itself. That is, a player using any trash option, can trash any inferior players with any inferior option. It wouldn’t change the inferiority of the option itself. That is, while you might be able to beat people naked, it still would be an inferior option to if you were clothed.

I do agree with you in practice though. In practice, after seeing all the tiers in action, I have noted that nobody really remembers what projectile hate is until it gets called for. IE you can clobber people down for a long time with projectiles before anyone does anything and throwing up something like wall of reflect or feedback already kills a lot of people. Yes, in theory if people play perfectly reflects will kill your own crew, but it just doesn’t happen as much.

Because funny enough, consider the scenario where an option is so stupid, no one will bother countering it, but because nobody sane will bother countering it, it has use where it normally would not. This is called “cheese” by most people and leads to whining on forums. Most people cannot adjust to such a thing. And that, my friends, is metagaming. Of course, the problem is most people also run stupid things that are easy to counter anyways, so this is not a common event.

Finally, you have to really wonder about whether a group that includes pugs so often to run over 50+ is a skill group. The requirements should be a bit more casual, no? If you’re scooping pugs in, then it’s inherently unoptimized anyways, because it’s kind of a roulette. Nevertheless, it is reasonable to take some classes over another since squad is mostly just targeting and boonshare, the later of which is inherently a frontline thing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Venom thieves with the new Shortbow changes are worthy of consideration. Extremely durable, buffing 30 stacks of poison every 25s and Choking Gas is a serious problem for zergs that cannot keep 5 stacks of poison off continually.

I am not saying it is a replacement for true support classes but it augments nearly as well as Reaper now. It certainly can shut down a front line once the interrupts start.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

explain further of why thief is ULTRA scary now is. if you read this sigil
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Absorption

you note that first boon it rip is Resistance

now if we take a look at choking gas it pulsing daze every second. Means stab only be rip every .8th of a second means it has 100% value toward ripping stab on top of that once stab is gone. it going to steal every boon on them more important it going to steal Resistance first.

An if you run 3 thief bombing 1 choking gas every 3 seconds they can 100% up time the threshold. (This part i am unsure of but Daze only target 1 person every 1 second So if it can not target that 1 person it skip to next person means it have 100% value on a zerg<—- not tested would love know if mech works like that)

But main reason thief is not used in zerging is because. when you do meta blob fights you cant cast choking gas at all game physically will not allow you cast it fast enough to meet threshold.

in WvW

Posted by: Monica.9701

Monica.9701

Hey look, a squad I was organising!

1. Thieves will always be put into their own group
  2. If a druid is using delicious rice balls they will be given a melee group. If they’re not using food or have power food on, to the special “I don’t know where to put you” party they go
  3. Core rangers will be put with thieves
  4. If a chronomancer is not using SoI, no melee group for them either
  5. Warriors and scrappers will be given stab parties, if there are open spots
  6. Like druids, tempests using rice balls will be automatically given melee groups
  7. Backline tempests will get stab groups once there are no more healers to occupy those spots instead

the commander kicked from the party of thieves and war’s and vanilla classes that joined when he got full.

Actually, no.

No one from that party was ever kicked.

The warrior that stuck around eventually got a stab party (he was even in my group :O, shocking I know) Even the thief ended up getting a group.

Jesus, why are there so many dragonhunters in that squad, is that the meta in NA? Because in EU it’s vanilla guard or gtfo.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

explain further of why thief is ULTRA scary now is. if you read this sigil
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Absorption

you note that first boon it rip is Resistance

now if we take a look at choking gas it pulsing daze every second. Means stab only be rip every .8th of a second means it has 100% value toward ripping stab on top of that once stab is gone. it going to steal every boon on them more important it going to steal Resistance first.

An if you run 3 thief bombing 1 choking gas every 3 seconds they can 100% up time the threshold. (This part i am unsure of but Daze only target 1 person every 1 second So if it can not target that 1 person it skip to next person means it have 100% value on a zerg<—- not tested would love know if mech works like that)

But main reason thief is not used in zerging is because. when you do meta blob fights you cant cast choking gas at all game physically will not allow you cast it fast enough to meet threshold.

Yes it works well at point denial and especially if a few work in conjunction. The biggest issue is the range. If trying to push through a chokepoint the thief will be standing in red circles in order to get those shots off in order to hit an enemy.

That said as per the wiki “The daze interval is unique per Choking Gas AOE” and therein is the real kicker. If you can get three of these on an area those interrupts will happen greater then 1 per second. Again people can just walk out of the field but a few of these fields are every bit as effective as marks and wells. Added to that if traiting power you really do not care if the person has resistance up. The threshold is 5 stacks poison. The poison does not have to be doing damage and resistance does not prevent the daze and interrupts. With a power build it can proc a lot of PI’s and shut down a person trying to use skills.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Just form a focus party with mes, thief, rangers, engi, etc, focus the enemy comm, then laugh when your blobtard comm cries like the true PvE hero most “WvW” blobbers are, because he isn’t getting as many bags cos the enemy comm dies early / rage quits.

For extra giggles whisper the enemy comm and tell them your comm told you to focus them.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Read.

I said you can argue one way or the other whether giving up a tempest is worth it, but a druid can heal more. That’s the point, it’s not that important. Not wanting a frontline druid in a PUG is just ignorance.

Druids don’t heal more than tempests. People just don’t use tempests as healers in PVE.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

TBH unless you are on some backwater server that is desperate for players then as soon as you get a full squad on tag then its time to start kicking the rangers and thieves to make room for more useful classes. You should never take this personally, you were not born a ranger or thief, it was a choice you made, you can use another class and be useful to the people around you, instead of them carrying you.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

TBH unless you are on some backwater server that is desperate for players then as soon as you get a full squad on tag then its time to start kicking the rangers and thieves to make room for more useful classes. You should never take this personally, you were not born a ranger or thief, it was a choice you made, you can use another class and be useful to the people around you, instead of them carrying you.

I was agreeing to all of this until I read the last 5 words. Not all Druids/Rangers/Thieves/DD’s need to be carried. Ive seen these 2 classes be the reason for an ally zerg to have an opportunity to push. The issue is that despite being in a zerg, a druid/DD cannot have the zerg mentality as these require more skill to do good in a zerg setting and most of the players do not seem to understand this (talking about the rangers/teefs) and try to run in instead of fighting smart.

Hell, I may even have a vid of me on a DD in a ZvZ taking out the heavy hitters when others were dying. Saved so many people from being stomped, insta ressed people and def pulled my own weight and can claim to have carried some of these “non carrying classes”.

It boils down to the amount of skill the player has…..both as a class player and a strategic player. Im not saying that all commanders should have these classes in their squad, but more of a “don’t dismiss them before you know what they can really do for the squad”. You will be surprised.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Not all Druids/Rangers/Thieves/DD’s need to be carried..

I know I was generalizing, there was a time I played a full heal spec druid, it can carry pretty hard, but still people assume you are pew pew and hate you anyway :P Point is though for the most part those classes are getting carried, ofc not in all cases.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Ok so I love playing WvW and have from the beginning.

So this is what has happened twice now where a commander (and this in Not new commanders) comes to a map and started asking people to join the squad and then after a while when they have a decent sized squad they started kicking Rangers and Thiefs from the squad. I PM them to ask what’s going on and the one response I go was you are a Ranger and the other one did not bother to respond.

That is messed up!

Just FYI. If you’re a regular ranger, you will not just be kicked from squad, you will be hunted down and roasted like a duck. I kid you not.

Whenever I run with my guild or server, we always, and I do mean ALWAYS squirrel for regular rangers. We’re more respectful to druids, and if its a full heal druid we occasionally let it get away. Otherwise its dead.

And we’re not the only guild doing this. Also, 10x the points for bearbow rangers !

Thieves ? Well, as stated above, unfortunately they don’t bring much to a squad that can’t be done better by others. You only need 1 or 2 good ones you trust in a full squad of 50. Anything above that is a waste of a spot.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Ok so I love playing WvW and have from the beginning.

So this is what has happened twice now where a commander (and this in Not new commanders) comes to a map and started asking people to join the squad and then after a while when they have a decent sized squad they started kicking Rangers and Thiefs from the squad. I PM them to ask what’s going on and the one response I go was you are a Ranger and the other one did not bother to respond.

That is messed up!

Just FYI. If you’re a regular ranger, you will not just be kicked from squad, you will be hunted down and roasted like a duck. I kid you not.

Whenever I run with my guild or server, we always, and I do mean ALWAYS squirrel for regular rangers. We’re more respectful to druids, and if its a full heal druid we occasionally let it get away. Otherwise its dead.

And we’re not the only guild doing this. Also, 10x the points for bearbow rangers !

Thieves ? Well, as stated above, unfortunately they don’t bring much to a squad that can’t be done better by others. You only need 1 or 2 good ones you trust in a full squad of 50. Anything above that is a waste of a spot.

Lol even before the condi meta, people (warriors and Guardians) will just run up past ranger’s longbow 2 skill and smack him dead. just sayin

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Learn who to support as a commander and who not to.

If they are arbitrarily kicking people out of squads, follow a commander that doesn’t.

Soon, the more inclusive commander will get the following, while the other guy will be scratching his head wondering why he’s alone.

Otherwise, get your own tag and tag up and create the environment you want on map.

You have choices. So does the commander on map. If you don’t like it, then create your own.

Sorry, but this is so disingenuous. Most times, there is only one commander on a map, especially in EB. Also, the glib suggestion of tag up yourself assumes the player isn’t new, is rich with spare gold (not really a “choice”), and wants to lead.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I don’t understand why this has to be such a huge issue. Just get on something the commander wants or do your own thing. You’re not entitled to a spot in a squad, no one is. Commanders have the right to kick whomever they want for whatever reason. If they don’t want you on ranger of thief, get off your ranger of thief or just make your own squad.

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

Play like a pug, die like a pug

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

Learn who to support as a commander and who not to.

If they are arbitrarily kicking people out of squads, follow a commander that doesn’t.

Soon, the more inclusive commander will get the following, while the other guy will be scratching his head wondering why he’s alone.

Otherwise, get your own tag and tag up and create the environment you want on map.

You have choices. So does the commander on map. If you don’t like it, then create your own.

Sorry, but this is so disingenuous. Most times, there is only one commander on a map, especially in EB. Also, the glib suggestion of tag up yourself assumes the player isn’t new, is rich with spare gold (not really a “choice”), and wants to lead.

Herein lies the issue. Having just 1 more pip for the commander is not enough to attract new commanders. Lack of commanders lead to death of the server and game mode. As well as the current tags from burnout

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

You try to stay on the “edges” of the main fight. No need to stay in zerg. You will be useless, and you will always be one of the first to die. Ranger is single-target, it makes no difference to be in the middle or on the edges.

Get used to the narrow-mindedness of some commanders, some even in a party of 10 or 20 man, always being beaten by bigger zerg will kik you to show how wise they are, At this point I understand you.

With the new LFG tool, you can announce a party to create minor problems for the opponent. You will have the same participation and your pipes.

When I’m in thief, I do group of 5 thieves to capture fields, ganking etc.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

As a thief, I’ve only actually seen one group actively kicking thieves and rangers when the squad’s full. However, I’ve seen countless commanders stick all of the thieves and rangers into a “reject” party, give them zero stability, then let confirmation bias kick in when those thieves and rangers get CCed and bombed…. due to the lack of stability. Most people, in general, have no clue what thieves actually bring to a zerg. Anything that isn’t blatantly obvious and practically slapping them in the face goes completely unnoticed. I can put out 9 blast finishers in a row. I can get an entire backline to spread out and waste their bomb, and a few will burn some dodges too. I also do a ton of CC/interupts. I also do boonstripping/sharing every 20 seconds. I stick on the tag like glue, and I’m either the one rezzing the commander or going down after them. The only times I go down before the commander is when they stick me into said “reject” party, and I get CCed then bombed because 0 stability, and all of my other stun breaks are on cooldown.

However, this dynamic isn’t new. People are slaves to “meta”. Currently, it’s GREN, and before that it was GWEN. Even mesmers get the shaft, which makes hit hilarious when commanders ask “why don’t we have any veils??” No timewarp, no null field, no feeback bubbles, no portals. Engi’s? Yep, they’re part of the “reject” party too. They’re not part of the monosyllabic acronym, so they gotta go. Some people are only capable of one dimensional thought. Some classes require multidimensional thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As a thief, I’ve only actually seen one group actively kicking thieves and rangers when the squad’s full. However, I’ve seen countless commanders stick all of the thieves and rangers into a “reject” party, give them zero stability, then let confirmation bias kick in when those thieves and rangers get CCed and bombed…. due to the lack of stability. Most people, in general, have no clue what thieves actually bring to a zerg. Anything that isn’t blatantly obvious and practically slapping them in the face goes completely unnoticed. I can put out 9 blast finishers in a row. I can get an entire backline to spread out and waste their bomb, and a few will burn some dodges too. I also do a ton of CC/interupts. I also do boonstripping/sharing every 20 seconds. I stick on the tag like glue, and I’m either the one rezzing the commander or going down after them. The only times I go down before the commander is when they stick me into said “reject” party, and I get CCed then bombed because 0 stability, and all of my other stun breaks are on cooldown.

The problem is, putting thieves/etc in stab parties is pointless because you should never be where that stab party is. We dont have infinite range on skills.

Some commanders dont give a kitten about the backline and will let them get bombed and then whine about it, true. Thats when you leave the squad and make your own. Many commanders will assume that if you join WvW as a glass cannon ganker, you can avoid a bomb and CC while flowing with the zerg frontline. You made the choice to bring a thief.