culling update issues

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

As much as I agree that culling got worse for alot of people (including me) since last patch I really have to ask you:

Do you really feel it’s ANets fault that you have such long que times now?

This would not only be naive but completely delusional. If there is someone to blame, then it’s those players that transfer on the high populated / winning servers only…

yes i blame Anet for queues. not just now but in general. not enough people can play w3 at the same time. noone to blame for that but Anet. queues and culling are a result of flaws in design or server limitations. as it is, only a fraction of the server population can play w3 at any given time.

it is not something that ‘could/should/might be improved upon’. queues and culling simply shouldn’t excist. nothing short of the totall elimination from queues and culling is acceptable.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

The difference is I can spend gems and transfer to another server that doesn’t have queue’s (as I did when after 3 weeks JQ had queue times I couldn’t deal with and transferred).

I spend/spent $20+ a week on gems because the game is amazing and I want to support it. Even under the old “culling” system it was playable. It is now completely unplayable. When I hear a commander in TS say “Stay on me, move with me” but I can’t see him/her, and instead run into an also invisible ball of enemy players it’s frustrating on multiple levels.

At least before I could expect 15 players more than were rendered and make some educated guesses as to what they might do until they all rendered (which they eventually did). Now I can see 5 enemy players who then disappear to be replaced by randomly rendered players elsewhere, with no allies rendered so I don’t know where it might be safe to retreat to until I can figure out what the enemy is doing. There is now NO WAY for me to act/react tactically.

So, as I’ve said before ANet, my $20+ a week is gone unless you fix it. Hopefully, others will also speak with their wallets.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

In other games your graphics would lag in zergy situations. This game opts to make players invisible until your system catches up.

There’s nothing to catch up. The server has simply decided you need to see players A, B, and C, and you don’t need to see players X, Y, and Z. It has not told you about X, Y, or Z, so your computer has nothing to catch up on.

And they do that so people with outdated computers can play the game without their FPS dropping to under 5 when a ton of people load in all at once. I’m not defending the system. I never get huge FPS drops in this game. I do get a ton of culling under the new system.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

^
I NEVER had issues in Warhammer with lag.

You never had FPS drops when fighting in a huge keep battle with 60+ players on both sides? I’m not taking you seriously.

BTW, in GW2 beta I had huge FPS drops in large WvW fights. I don’t now. Ever. Regardless of the numbers involved.

culling update issues

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

There is a difference in a drop in Framerate and lag in the context we are talking about.

For your sake though I’ll rephrase: I never experienced lag like we see in GW2. Warhammer was always completely playable for me.

This is about “culling” or whatever ArenaNet wants to call it today. Before this patch would I experience drops in framerate? Yes. The game was still playable, because this issue has nothing to do with framerate.

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Sorry, I said graphics lag. I should have been more clear in that I was talking specifically about FPS drops.

I have a top-end computer and I never experience significant FPS drops in the live version of this game even while recording FRAPS on full resolution at the 60 FPS setting with 50+ players on the screen. You can check some of my Youtube clips to verify that.

I had a top-end computer while playing Warhammer and had significant drops in FPS in the hugetastic battles over keeps. Just as I had really bad FPS drops playing this game in WvW during hugetastic SM battles in BETA. And if I was dropping down to 15 FPS during those fights the game would have been absolutely unplayable to people with outdated computers. Hence, my belief that the culling system that this game uses was introduced to help people with outdated computers.

I can understand the need for the the culling system since they need a broad base of players for their business model. What I don’t understand is moving to a system which downgrades the gameplay experience of such a large number (and if the poll I put up is accurate, a majority) of their customers

(edited by Oozo.7856)

culling update issues

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

In other games your graphics would lag in zergy situations. This game opts to make players invisible until your system catches up.

There’s nothing to catch up. The server has simply decided you need to see players A, B, and C, and you don’t need to see players X, Y, and Z. It has not told you about X, Y, or Z, so your computer has nothing to catch up on.

And they do that so people with outdated computers can play the game without their FPS dropping to under 5 when a ton of people load in all at once. I’m not defending the system. I never get huge FPS drops in this game. I do get a ton of culling under the new system.

that seems a convenient excuse to mask their inadequate hardware…

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Guys, Anet is running a business. There would be no game to play unless they make a profit. They have to place having a broad customer base as a high priority. WvW would be flat out unplayable to people with outdated computers. The culling situation is extremely frustrating for those with top-end computers but at the least the game is still playable for us.

However, the gameplay experience is much worse for many of us now under the new culling system as opposed to the old one.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: samevil.1952

samevil.1952

I grad they fixed culling issue.

Erebusis [FG]
Forsaken gamer Warrior.
www.forsakengamers.com

culling update issues

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

Guys, Anet is running a business. There would be no game to play unless they make a profit. They have to place having a broad customer base as a high priority. WvW would be flat out unplayable to people with outdated computers. The culling situation is extremely frustrating for those with top-end computers but at the least the game is still playable for us.

However, the gameplay experience is much worse for many of us now under the new culling system as opposed to the old one.

Habib said that he had done the calculations about required capacity from their side and what it would require (and cost) to ‘fix’ culling and that he went to the financial department with that and they gave their fiat to the required upgrades.

i guess the shiny new toys are not up and running yet.

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Habib said that he had done the calculations about required capacity from their side and what it would require (and cost) to ‘fix’ culling and that he went to the financial department with that and they gave their fiat to the required upgrades.

i guess the shiny new toys are not up and running yet.

Yeah, they are still working on it. But, what they need to understand is that at this moment the gameplay experience of many of their customers has been downgraded due to the culling change. This can and will lead to lost customers (not me, I love the WvW game and will tough it out). The upcoming improvements can’t happen soon enough. This is a serious problem.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

it really is becoming an unplayable joke , I would be interested to know like me If you live in Australia, if the problem is worse due to the server locations and if the ppl sitting on the servers so to speak are getting as much trouble as us players from downunder?

Its sad that a global company such as anet haven’t addressed this yet or even commented on this due to yet another holiday event in the USA, ITs SuperBowl, so screw our gaming customers world wide lets all take the weekend off. Seams no one is home just like wintersday we may get someone in 3 weeks from now going OH Theres a problem .

For the love of this game roll back this idiotic culling patch till you can get it sorted .
If they want to cull then first increase the graphic design to DX10 so the GC’s have some chance of understanding what you are doing. Using dx9 on dx11 cards then saying lets take it back to dx8 settings won’t work ever because most of the cards for the last 3 years are all geared for advancement in gaming graphics not the other way round.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

it really is becoming an unplayable joke , I would be interested to know like me If you live in Australia, if the problem is worse due to the server locations and if the ppl sitting on the servers so to speak are getting as much trouble as us players from downunder?

The culling is done on the server, so it doesn’t matter where you are.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Too Frisky.9165

Too Frisky.9165

No offense people but most of you complaining about culling are probably playing on some seriously craptastic rigs.

You do realize that your ability to generate and render models is completely relevant to the number of stream processing units in your GPU? If your GPU is a kitten then you should expect having issues rendering 50 or so players instantaneously. Furthermore, as WvW is hosted on a server, your internet connection has to communicate with the server constantly in order for your GPU to accurately render the enemy models and their locations.

In short, if you have a lower end rig and a not so great internet connection, then you need to understand that culling is going to affect you a lot. This is why ANet implemented the low texture placement models; it’s so low end rigs and crappy internet connections can actually put something on the screen in a short amount of time.

Many large scale games suffer from culling issues and most of these issues are spawned from people with lower end rigs. Planetside 2? Yeah.

80 Thief [Munchies Reborn]
80 Necromancer [Munchies Survives]

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Too Frisky.9165

Too Frisky.9165

Its sad that a global company such as anet haven’t addressed this yet or even commented on this due to yet another holiday event in the USA, ITs SuperBowl, so screw our gaming customers world wide lets all take the weekend off. Seams no one is home just like wintersday we may get someone in 3 weeks from now going OH Theres a problem .

It’s not a holiday. It’s a Sunday here. This is the weekend. People have lives to live. I forgot how Americans were the only ones to place importance on sporting events. I totally forgot how all of Europe shuts down to watch the most boring sport in existence.

80 Thief [Munchies Reborn]
80 Necromancer [Munchies Survives]

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Its not the rig, Anet confirmed its a server – client issue.

But i take back what i have said that this new culling works good for me.

In big zergs it still doesnt load all the characters, later you see them render in first the green tin people.. and then normal. But in big attack formation they are still invisible.

Hope Feb patch will fix this, or im sorry.. then im gone from WvW

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

No offense people but most of you complaining about culling are probably playing on some seriously craptastic rigs.

i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
12 GB RAM
Game runs on an SSD

One year old, but I’d venture to say it’s not craptastic.

If you have been paying attention, most of the people who have been saying it’s an improvement are the ones playing on outdated systems.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I do not believe that this company has the resources or wherewithall to fix this problem. The belief is that NCSoft took the bulk of the cash sales and left them with nothing but gem sales to fund their fixes. The team working on this seems quite insufficient for the task.

I have not noticed much difference since the 28th. Last night was really bad. About 10 of us were fighting a few blokes in a supply camp. And a Guardian of all things would appear and disappear like he had stealth. Quite ridiculous. I could understand if this was a large battle but it wasn’t. It was just a rather pathetic display of this bargain basement game engine and what they have done to it.

To quote a guildie, “This is the least fun I’ve had in WvW. The technical issues such as queue problems and this culling makes the game largely unfun. Anet will lose the bulk of its players in the near future, if they can not improve the situation quickly.”

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

(edited by Relentliss.2170)

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

The problem here is this:

For a large portion of players (dare I say ones with the higher end rigs) things are worse than they were before, this includes me.

How ever even just speaking to guild mates on TS, they say things are alot better for them, usually the ones on mid to lower end machines.

Now under the older culling system, I found I had (higher end machines) very little issues with culling, and those same people on the on the mid to low end machines had more problems.

Anet needs to find that happy medium to suite both sets of players. In the end as fustrating as it is, and believe me I’ve cursed at Anet alot over this issue, it’s the boot to ant syndrome with anet being the air inbetween the boot and the ant, getting pushed from both sides.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Yeap its worse now, No Anet can’t fix it….nor are they willing to..

Look at the test they did in December, No one liked it..it was completely negative feedback, and sure enough.. they applied it anyway…

How can you take a company like that seriously when it comes to fixing the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Maybe it’s been asked before, but why wasn’t this an issue with Warhammer?

Or was it an issue that I just never saw with Warhammer?

If it wasn’t an issue, why don’t they look at how Bioware/Mythic implemented it? Would it have to big an impact on PvE, completely different engines so it’s not possible?

I really hate no longer being able to support an otherwise amazing game.

What they are ‘trying’ to do with the culling issues currently (load placeholders) is actually something that Mythic sort of did with Camelot back in the day.

I WILL say that I would much rather deal with lag, than invisible zergs – and yes – they are still occurring

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

culling update issues

in WvW

Porky.5021

You do realize that your ability to generate and render models is completely relevant to the number of stream processing units in your GPU? If your GPU is a kitten then you should expect having issues rendering 50 or so players instantaneously. Furthermore, as WvW is hosted on a server, your internet connection has to communicate with the server constantly in order for your GPU to accurately render the enemy models and their locations.

In short, if you have a lower end rig and a not so great internet connection, then you need to understand that culling is going to affect you a lot. This is why ANet implemented the low texture placement models; it’s so low end rigs and crappy internet connections can actually put something on the screen in a short amount of time.

Many large scale games suffer from culling issues and most of these issues are spawned from people with lower end rigs. Planetside 2? Yeah.

Way to not understand what culling is.

Good job.

Just as an FYI, the culling is done at the server, not at your computer. You could have super computer, but if hte server only tells you about players A, B, and C, you won’t be rendering X, Y, Z…no matter how fantastic you think your rig is.

Overlord Of [NAKY]

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s kind of weird that some say that they haven’t had that much problems with culling, but got problems in every big fight. My i5 3570k and HD 7850 should handle game just fine.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

It’s unbearable now..i have no words to describe how much of a fail this patch was.

Why are u so frustratingly reluctant to create a public test server where u can test these patches without making everyone, literally everyone who plays this game suffer?

I really am fed up with being tested on, with your ridiculous patches that have no meaning.

Just wait and see how much time it takes them to fix the issue they created. Bet on atleast 1 month?

I am literally having culling issues on a highend pc with JUST 1 PERSON showing of on my screen…1 PERSON!!!

(edited by Rebound.3409)

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

Ravens abusing culling at the super bowl …….. NFL brought down super dome for a patch 5 mins later.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, culling is not fixed yet. use it to your advantage instead of crying.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Today was the first day I’ve been able to play because of the queue issues, and culling has been worse than ever. I have a 7950 with the latest beta driver and a 2500k @ 4.8 GHz, so it’s not a system limitation. Even in small groups now players are not rendering at all, slowly, or in random locations, and it’s like every large group is coming out of a veil…full scale zergs even worse yet.

What is going on here?

culling update issues

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

It’s the same “rig” I was using before the change was made.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Kraigan.6057

Kraigan.6057

Ravens abusing culling at the super bowl …….. NFL brought down super dome for a patch 5 mins later.

NFL promised to give more warning before taking down the Super Bowl in the future.

“Super Bowl coming down to prepare for new patch in 30 seconds…”

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

To me, culling is better. Now i see group of enemies miles away.

I think the problem is the new system might require a lot more hardware or have problem with specifi hardware than the old one does. To the one who still have culling problem or encounter a worse fps, may be good idea to post your PC spec as well.

I use Intel i5 + GTX670, and it did just fine with 25-60 fps in WvW.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

To me, culling is better. Now i see group of enemies miles away.

I think the problem is the new system might require a lot more hardware or have problem with specifi hardware than the old one does. To the one who still have culling problem or encounter a worse fps, may be good idea to post your PC spec as well.

I use Intel i5 + GTX670, and it did just fine with 25-60 fps in WvW.

Guess, I’ll post this again…

i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
12 GB RAM
Game runs on an SSD

I get 40-60 FPS while running FRAPS.

Culling is much worse for me now than under the old system. The culling is not a computer issue. The placeholder models are why you think it’s better now. That is a seperate issue.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Hey oozo i’ve been taking notes when the culling issues happen.

So far ive identified that there are invisible ‘culling lines’ before a majority of enemies will load. I am aware of 5 of them right now. Fighting away from these lines is all fine, fighting around them results in terrible culling issues.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

culling update issues

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Hey oozo i’ve been taking notes when the culling issues happen.

So far ive identified that there are invisible ‘culling lines’ before a majority of enemies will load. I am aware of 5 of them right now. Fighting away from these lines is all fine, fighting around them results in terrible culling issues.

I’ve noticed bad culling in areas where there are also a lot of MoBs nearby. I do suspect that the issues are worse in some areas of the maps than others. Which would explain the inconsistency with how players are culling.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Fenghoang.3804

Fenghoang.3804

After playing for a few days now with the update, I’ll have to agree with the others and say culling is definitely worse.

It was noticable before, but it was tolerable because zergs usually loaded far enough away (1500-1800+ range) for me to react appropriately. Ever since the patch, I’ve run into supply camps on multiple occassions, seeing only 2 or 3 guys, and end up having an entire zerg suddenly appear right in front of my face (sometimes it’s people from my own server). I never had much issue with loading allied players before, but I notice it now. Stealthed players reloading in seem to take just as long as before to load. Overall, rather than seeing an improvement, it has definitely gotten worse for me.

To those that say it’s a hardware issue: well I run an i5 3570K @ 4.4 Ghz, GTX 670 (OC’ed), 16 GB RAM (1866), and the game is installed on a Samsung 840 SSD. All updated drivers.

My friends have similar builds (one has almost the exact same setup as me, except he uses a 660 TI, 8 GB RAM, game is installed on a WD Black HDD [WD2002FAEX], and none of his hardware is overclocked), and they’ve been experiencing similar results as well.

So unless there’s some compatibility with Nvidia GPUs and/or Intel CPUs or we now need to buy another video card and SLI them, I don’t think it’s a hardware issue. And like I said, I didn’t really notice the culling issues until the recent patch (though I’ve heard an ear full from some of my friends with slightly dated rigs) .

(edited by Fenghoang.3804)

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Culling has been worse since Fridays patch. Last week it was amazing.
2600k @3.4
GtX590
12Gb RAM

Anyone else seeing a pattern here (NVidia)?

culling update issues

in WvW

Porky.5021

2600k @3.4
GtX590
12Gb RAM

Culling has nothing to do with your computer.

Culling is done on the server, not on your computer. It does not matter if you have a good gaming system, a super computer, a commodore 64 or a monkey with a crayon.

The server knows there’s are 20 people around you. It does not send you information on all 20. It decides which 10 it thinks you need to see and sends you information on those 10 only.

The server decides you need to see players 1-10. It sends your computer information on players 1-10. Your computer renders player 1-10 on your screen.

The server does not send you information on players 11-20. They have been culled. Your computer will not render them, not because it is slow, or the video card is garbage or because your network connections is slow…it will not render them because it does not know about them.

Periodically, the server recalculates which players it thinks you need to see. Since you have moved 15 feet to the north it decides you no longer need to see players 2,4, or 6. It decides you now need to see players 18, 19 and 20.

You no longer receive information on 2, 4, or 6. They have been culled at the server. You computer stops rendering them because it no longer knows about them. It not because your computer is slow your video card is Nvidia…the server has stopped telling your computer about players 2, 4 and 6 so your computer cannot draw them anymore.

The server sends you information on players 18, 19 and 20. Your computer starts rendering them because it now knows about them.

Overlord Of [NAKY]

(edited by Porky.5021)

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Culling is done on the server, not on your computer. It does not matter if you have a good gaming system, a super computer, a commodore 64 or a monkey with a crayon…

You’re absolutely right with all that, but something did change with model draw speed. I’m just guessing that something is wonky with the placeholder models that are supposed to draw faster than the full player model.

Disabling best texture filtering and high-res character textures helped me out a lot. Draw speed is now more or less as before. Nothing has changed with thief rendering or mass use of veil, but it’s tolerable.

culling update issues

in WvW

phabby.8945

2600k @3.4
GtX590
12Gb RAM

Culling is done on the server, not on your computer. It does not matter if you have a good gaming system, a super computer, a commodore 64 or a monkey with a crayon.

The server knows there’s are 20 people around you. It does not send you information on all 20. It decides which 10 it thinks you need to see and sends you information on those 10 only.

The server decides you need to see players 1-10. It sends your computer information on players 1-10. Your computer renders player 1-10 on your screen.

The server does not send you information on players 11-20. They have been culled. Your computer will not render them, not because it is slow, or the video card is garbage or because your network connections is slow…it will not render them because it does not know about them.

Periodically, the server recalculates which players it thinks you need to see. Since you have moved 15 feet to the north it decides you no longer need to see players 2,4, or 6. It decides you now need to see players 18, 19 and 20.

You no longer receive information on 2, 4, or 6. They have been culled at the server. You computer stops rendering them because it no longer knows about them. It not because your computer is slow your video card is Nvidia…the server has stopped telling your computer about players 2, 4 and 6 so your computer cannot draw them anymore.

The server sends you information on players 18, 19 and 20. Your computer starts rendering them because it now knows about them.

great post that helps explain it alot easier, now lets hope that we get some sort of response today since its now Monday in the usa.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

2600k @3.4
GtX590
12Gb RAM

That is pretty much the worst way to handle a massive scale PvP game..

If 20 people are near me, I want to bloody see all 20 of them..not 10, 11,12…..I want to see all bloody 20..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

I spend/spent $20+ a week on gems because the game is amazing and I want to support it. Even under the old “culling” system it was playable. It is now completely unplayable. When I hear a commander in TS say “Stay on me, move with me” but I can’t see him/her, and instead run into an also invisible ball of enemy players it’s frustrating on multiple levels.

At least before I could expect 15 players more than were rendered and make some educated guesses as to what they might do until they all rendered (which they eventually did). Now I can see 5 enemy players who then disappear to be replaced by randomly rendered players elsewhere, with no allies rendered so I don’t know where it might be safe to retreat to until I can figure out what the enemy is doing. There is now NO WAY for me to act/react tactically.

So, as I’ve said before ANet, my $20+ a week is gone unless you fix it. Hopefully, others will also speak with their wallets.

Well my $40+ a week is gone until something is done with this too. kitten I’d settle for culling going back the way it was, at least it was playable.

Aurora Glade [KISS]

culling update issues

in WvW

phabby.8945

Ok so here is something of interest to you all that our leader found, If you goto the setting pannel and select show all in the team colours it reduces the lag and cullling slightly.
There is still a huge problem though and still can’t believe that not one dev has had the curteousy of giving some feed back on this issue yet.

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm the patch has been pretty good for me so far as i finally get to see the thieves and the new rendering system has definitely been an improvement for me. As for the queues, last week we had queues after all the transfers, but i would run into around 40 or 50 players on each map, now i experience a massive queue and dont see more than 20 online all trying to defend or capture a single keep or tower. So, ther is an issue there

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

culling update issues

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Ok so here is something of interest to you all that our leader found, If you goto the setting pannel and select show all in the team colours it reduces the lag and cullling slightly.

This did improve the issue slightly, though it’s hard to say how much as I couldn’t find any large scale battles.

culling update issues

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

http://valid.canardpc.com/2658314

i suffer from culling on this PC as much as on my laptop that has an amd A4 cpu (that’s a dual core 1.6 ghz with on cpu graphics), the only difference is that on the laptop i see the placeholders and i never see them on my desktop because it loads the textures too fast to see the placeholders. but it makes no difference for culling, none.

i can play, not see my framerate drop below one hundred and get killed by a zerg that renders after i’m dead.

i think you are clueless.

culling is a server and/or Anet UPLOAD capacity issue.

Anet doesn’t have the capacity to send all the required data OUT.

(edited by muylaetrix.2096)

culling update issues

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

In some cases if they’re FAR away, I can spot zergs a mile away. But if they’re close, with a lot of my team around, I cannot see anything. It’s up and down for me. :-/