did arenanet just give up on wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: DenimChicken.8639

DenimChicken.8639

man its been months and wvw is still dead as hell

like did arenanet suddenly just think wvw isn’t an important part of the game? You would think a company becomes desperate when they see such a large part of their game just nosedive in popularity.

kitten is going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

They couldn’t give a rats kitten about WvW they never have, all arenanet care about is PVE and Esports.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

If you look on reddit they announced in the AMA thats happening RIGHT NOW that the live beta tests for WvW will be happening after the april release.

Edit: This is straight copied from the paragraph

After the April update, we’ll start live beta-tests of improvements to WvW. Our goal is to be very incremental and visible with the changes we’re making there, so that players are involved every step of the way. Further on, we’ll launch the next raid wing in May or June, then Living World and the next quarterly update.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Another post about this: They’ve said they’ll be more open when answering questions about the overhaul once they release the blog post about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nxqbt

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

not to be a stick in the mud, but doesn’t “after” april mean anytime?
and was wvw not suppose to be the priority after HoT? or did they say the shatterer was the priority after HoT, i can’t remember?
If april was projected to be the actual test, would they not have concrete plans in place for March that are actually mentioned?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

either way you look at it, its going to take something special to bring it back. i think they certainly have the means to do it, but will they? only time will tell. anythings possible. i wish them luck.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

A-net only cares about keeping players hoping for the product they will never deliver so the gem-store sales will maybe pay the salaries of the skeleton crew they have left. Anyone who thinks that A-net now suddenly and truly cares about making WvW a great game mode needs to switch to a different beverage.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

A-net only cares about keeping players hoping for the product they will never deliver so the gem-store sales will maybe pay the salaries of the skeleton crew they have left. Anyone who thinks that A-net now suddenly and truly cares about making WvW a great game mode needs to switch to a different beverage.

were all going to die why is life so hopeless

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

and was wvw not suppose to be the priority after HoT? or did they say the shatterer was the priority after HoT, i can’t remember?
If april was projected to be the actual test, would they not have concrete plans in place for March that are actually mentioned?

April is better news than we got from that one stream.. Before that comment the word was beta for overhaul would start at the end of this year.

Now I know they said after HoT they would focus on WvW more but to me HoT was never even finished when released :P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Nah they keep saying WvW is the priority, but then insert PvE/eSportz item X,Y,or Z before it.