do people on t4 servers or below...

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

…want some form of server alliances or mergers?

simple yes or no please. and what server youre on, if its not in your sig.

might link thread in the cdi if it goes places.

looks like:
18 no
6 yes
…so far.
pretty diverse server representation. definitely a small sample size.

gonna go ahead and drop a link in the cdi because chris/allie (temporarily) closed the ranger cdi, stating the balance team wants some time to think. i know devons in a different group but considering he hasnt posted in the wvw cdi for 5 days or whatever… im uncertain if theyve kept up too.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Nope. (15 chars :/)

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

No.

Do players on servers T3 and above want to be divided up equally across all the other servers?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

No.

Do players on servers T3 and above want to be divided up equally across all the other servers?

that doesnt even make sense. We dont need to be divided up we have more than enough people online for things to be fun with constant action. Theres always commanders on usually at any time of the day. On low tiered servers are there always commanders on even at prime time? Are there always large battles to be found?

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

No.

that doesnt even make sense. We dont need to be divided up we have more than enough people online for things to be fun with constant action. Theres always commanders on usually at any time of the day. On low tiered servers are there always commanders on even at prime time? Are there always large battles to be found?

But constant zergs everywhere is boring and nobody wants that. Who wants to just be blobbed all day? Clearly your situation is so bad that you should be thrust from your home and into a new one not of your choice. See the point?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

pls no derailing
leave discussion and other questions for later

you can /15chars by adding a bunch of spaces at the end too, just sayin

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Yes and no, I like my guild whom in turn enjoys the server so this would give us the fights were looking for without transfering but, I would prefer to just have more people on our server and move up to the middle tiers. The way the transfer costs and everything works, the weak get weaker and the strong get stronger so I don’t see people leaving their healthy servers to help boost up the unhealthy servers.

So at the moment with how things are and how they work I’m leaning towards yes so I have more people to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

yes

SF

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: tblain.2183

tblain.2183

No. SF

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

No.

Message Body length must be at least 15.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

pls no derailing
leave discussion..

This isn’t a polling center, forum threads are meant for discussion.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodysnipez.8612

Bloodysnipez.8612

NO

FC / {KL} Since i dont speak for my server but my havok guild.

We prefer it how it is. If dont like it xfer like the rest of the ppl n make another BG/JQ. Since Pve u can always guest.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

message from RoF: NOOOOOOOOOO

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

nope.avi

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Yes.

A few months ago, I’d have said no, but population seems to have declined dramatically on GoM and the servers we’ve played against recently. At least at the time of day I play, there’s no point in even logging in for 3 or 4 days a week.

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

No.
We are here by choice, because we don’t want blobby lagfests or big zergs. We want to play with our guild against other guilds, preferably without any pugs at all.

- Far Shiverpeaks

Sif Urkraft

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

NO, DR is the community we have been a part of since joining the game and our loyal friends are here.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Much better question, and NO we don’t want forced server merge. We play here for a reason, including being able to play when I want, on the map I want to play on.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

No. T4-T6 are all very healthy WvW-wise. Our server has seen what T3 is like and we’re happy avoiding that mess.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

SHAME ON YOU RIK! I can’t believe you would post something like this. If i could lead an SF zerg to you right now I would.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

NO !

I guess we are in tier 8 1/2 at the moment.
We have rolled through a couple of T9 matchups recently, but we dont have the numbers / coverage to be entirely competitive against Dzag / Arbor / RoF as T8 regulars.

I would rather that we yoyo, whilst building from our own playerbase, than rely on mergers.

Who knows; maybe we won’t attract new WSRers to WvW, so we will keep on yoyoing. If that’s the case, then so be it – at least we don’t have queues.

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

SHAME ON YOU RIK! I can’t believe you would post something like this. If i could lead an SF zerg to you right now I would.

well just wanted to see what other people thought… theres been some pretty extensive discussion on this in the cdi thanks to the eotm overflow structure. i mean people are all like oh server pride / community / belonging is important to us, but it seemed like a lot of people are also like well mergers/alliances seem workable/desirable. so i tried to frame the question without too much bias.

personally my answer is “no” too.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Just because the WvW population is low doesn’t mean the PVE population is low.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Just because the WvW population is low doesn’t mean the PVE population is low.

right, that’s part of the issue, some servers look deceptively well populated but have nearly nobody who goes into wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

No. WSR (=EU T8/T9) here.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

no

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Yes. The reason being that once servers are no longer an issue ArenaNet can expand WvW to actually give players a reason to fight. As it stands now ArenaNet cannot add a good reason to fight because most lower tier servers would cry foul due to being in a horribly balanced matchup as well as the bad scoring system that favors coverage/PPT. If we balance the population into a 3 colors and mix the populations each week then everyone has a chance at winning and people won’t complain about unbalanced matchups and the rewards to winning.

I prefer the non-zerg of lower tiers but I would much rather have a real reason to fight.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

We duo’d ET’s bay keep last night, then were in the process of duo’ing ET’s hills keep before one guy showed up and managed to make us reset the lord room. There were no other players from any servers (including ours) running on that map.

This was less than an hour past NA primetime (around 10:30pm CST), by the way.

As much as I’d love to protect the awesome small fights we get in the lower tiers, the time window for any actual gameplay is limited to just about 2-3 hours per night and then just completely shuts off. We NEED mergers at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

We duo’d ET’s bay keep last night, then were in the process of duo’ing ET’s hills keep before one guy showed up and managed to make us reset the lord room. There were no other players from any servers (including ours) running on that map.

As much as I’d love to protect the awesome small fights we get in the lower tiers, the time window for any actual gameplay is limited to just about 2-3 hours per night and then just completely shuts off. We NEED mergers at this point.

We love you long time taquito. Join the bunses in the glory of IoJ!

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

The aspect of a completely empty map and a very limited recruiting pool deserves to be taken into account when considering a significant shift in the dynamics of WvW population. The question posed by OP was about mergers. The assumption there is that a merger would be a elimination on tier 8 and perhaps tier 7 in order to push the lower pop servers into a larger pool of players. In the CDI on population we never saw a clear ANET response concerning how the split between WvW and PVE population was counted. This doesn’t allow for a solid position to make recommendations from.

When we say merge there are variations on the how. I am sure folks can think of a few more.

a)eliminate tier 8 &7 and condense them into higher tiered servers

b) re engineer the scoring to cover a RED BLUE GREEN faction type scoring rolled up from top to bottom from each server to give a overall placement.

c) decouple PVE and WvW population and realign / reallocate everyone.

We on lower tiers do not want to be scattered to the four winds and lose the communities, relationships and established trust we have worked so hard to build. I can just see ANET making the shift like a server patch with a large announcement- Server realignment in 10 minutes be prepared to be ported to Lions Arch.

So yes there is a justification for a drastic change. The transition must take into account cost to players, ability to maintain communities and guilds from current locations into the destination method that is selected.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

no

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Taquito doesn’t even steam anymore. He is lame now!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

It’s not a bad idea for the “big” guilds, but the fights would get really stale for the small scale guilds.

No from me. DH.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Anet DOES need to do something to help the lower tiers.
The first step is free downward transfers.

IF your on a t3 server and want to transfer to t6, it should be free. That way people can go down tiers, but not up tiers, for free, might create movement that way.

Wvwvw population is whats relevant, not pve population, and the best indicator of wvw population is tier.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I’m actually planning to start streaming again very soon, with a fancy-schmancy schedule and everything. But I probably won’t be streaming THIS game. :P

And sorry Banzie, I think I’ll pass on joining the buns crew.

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Server allies and merge?
No. Never. Nein.

I’m actually planning to start streaming again very soon, with a fancy-schmancy schedule and everything. But I probably won’t be streaming THIS game. :P

And sorry Banzie, I think I’ll pass on joining the buns crew.

Good, because we hate you.

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

(edited by bokkieskitten.8023)

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

higher servers need to destack, not the other way around

purchasing guilds and the like to “fill coverage gaps” is pathetic and ridiculous, all tiers were relatively balanced prior to season 1, and then the transfers and purchases started and its only gotten worse since then with everyone buying guilds and kitten to ensure they stay in tier 1/2.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

looks like:
18 no
6 yes
…so far.
pretty diverse server representation. definitely a small sample size.

gonna go ahead and drop a link in the cdi because chris/allie (temporarily) closed the ranger cdi, stating the balance team wants some time to think. i know devons in a different group but considering he hasnt posted in the wvw cdi for 5 days or whatever… im uncertain if theyve kept up too.

in WvW

Posted by: Yawgmoth.1230

Yawgmoth.1230

NO, DR is the community we have been a part of since joining the game and our loyal friends are here.

Same – absolutely not.

DR is like those little pristine areas of Bloodtide Coast surrounded by Zhatain’s corruption.

DR | red-guild.com