does this happen to upper tier often?

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

my server is mid server. But sometimes there are epic big zerg fights and then everything became slow motion and no skills are working. Just yesterday I was playing to retake our EB keep. The fight was epic. I died a lot and then finally it seemed we were capping it soon and I got dc’ed in battle. So, I ended up dead in LA after reboot. Then I tried to enter EB map immediately, but it was queued XD. So all those effort ended up for nothing but a repair bill XD. Remind me of the same thing happening to Jormag fight when it’s nearly dead. You got dc and couldn’t enter the map after doing it for half hour XD.

Does this happen in upper tier a lot? Or people just have good PC and internet? If so, why do people play wvw in upper tier? stay in zerg, stay far, press 1, avoid dc, and there you go rootbags from somewhere… Feels like Scarlet fight…. XD

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

It happens constantly. Some Reset nights are near unplayable. As far as PC’s and Internet go, it’s already been confirmed as an issue on Anet’s side.

They play in upper tiers because they want to feel like they’re winning. Some people actually enjoy the huge zerg fighting. 30-40 is a healthy number imo.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Yes. There is no solution to it. It happens because not everyone’s internet connection is similar. So, the fluctuations causes lag.

Thus, is the scenario when lots players congregate together in one spot.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yup happens quite often. have to equip my mh sword instead of my scepter before i head to smc fights, cause scepter wont work at all. u cant heal, u cand use most of your utilities/ u cant clean conditions(unless passive) and nobody is able to kill eachother for a long time as they cant use their skills at all.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Yes. There is no solution to it. It happens because not everyone’s internet connection is similar. So, the fluctuations causes lag.

Thus, is the scenario when lots players congregate together in one spot.

It happens because the game is crappy coded and the hardware is underwhelming or why you think you don’t lag even with tethering gw2 at EDGE speed via mobile in pve/non zone blob pvp?!

[RG]

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Whether you’re fiber or phone does not matter. Not everyone has the same speed, whether it be fast or slow. If it were constant where everyone, for example, was running at 500 mbs, then the lag wouldn’t be that bad. but if some where using 50 mbs, others 100 mbs, others so on and so forth, etc. multiply it to as many players in a single zone, then the lag will happen.

That’s just the way it is. Multiple players at one point will result to lag.

This is my comp. I do an action – sent to my model/router – to internet right. It goes to the other player so he can see what I’m doing through the internet – through his router/modem (comp screen)

Multiply that to so many players. The data from your comp is like falling in line to be transported to each of those players. Depending on the line in network – the other players will receive those info. Not all information will be received or others will be delayed due to that. hence the lag.

>3<

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

They play in upper tiers because they want to feel like they’re winning. Some people actually enjoy the huge zerg fighting. 30-40 is a healthy number imo.

Actually lots love upper tiers because there is constant action 24/7. Can you say the same for your tier when you log on at 3am during the middle of a week?

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Anet has already confirmed and said that it is a server issue. The lag comes from the fact that the servers have to calculate each skill being placed+damage+how many people its hitting. Its having to do this with a ton of people, and a kitten ton of skills going off all at once.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Actually lots love upper tiers because there is constant action 24/7. Can you say the same for your tier when you log on at 3am during the middle of a week?

Yes, there are in fact people outside tier 1.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Yes. There is no solution to it.

Of course there is. People just need to transfer down. They won’t though, because WvW is scurry without zergs!

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Not on Maguuma no, but most other servers don’t have our Oceanic problem. NA primetime, I can always find something to do.

NO

I play upper tier because after a year of playing on BG I have helped my server win the top spot and this is the server where I have friends I have known for a year and several guilds I enjoy doing missions and pve with.

Asking me to move to another server would be like equivalent to uninstalling the game and waiting for ESO to launch

Fair enough.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Of course there is. People just need to transfer down. They won’t though, because WvW is scurry without zergs!

A solution where players have to pay for something that isn’t their fault if you guys are correct with the lag is caused by anet’s server. ^.^ That’s more of a graver problem than lag.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

nope, no one is going to pay money to move off a server that they are established on, been on sor since it was a tier 6 server, have a good guild of friends since daoc, no one wants to move servers and restart guild unlocks and pay anet at the same time.

want to spread the population out, offer to transfer whole guilds intact with unlocks to a different server for free, and that may fix it. (until a big wvw guild takes a low rank server to the top smashing ever match up on the way and picking up new bandwagoners).

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!