dying mode

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Sintirin.7251

Sintirin.7251

Hello so most of wvw players noticed our game mode is almost dead,looks like arena net forget about wvw tournamets ,devs in past told something about gvg ladder and other good stuff but looks like they forget, instead of most imporant things that can give second life to this mode of a game we recive useless things for example repair hammers.So the question is : can we finally get content which will help the wvw or there will be like small fixes that noone care about to the end of the game

(edited by Sintirin.7251)

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I hope you realize they have added more content in a few months than they have in the past few years. They already stated that once they are finished with the overhauls, they will work on the next season. From what I have seen, wvw was dying before April. Compared to now, it’s a new game even despite losing some of its luster.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

(edited by Famine.7915)

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I hope you realize they have added more content in a few months than they have in the past few years. .

Yet they still demonstrate almost zero knowledge about what needs to be done and the mode is still bleeding players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Jman.1975

Jman.1975

Sadly wvw has taken so much damage that it may be past the point of repair. Most servers communities are shells of their former selves. I really hope they can fix it but I really don’t even know if that’s possible at this point.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

WvW being dead is old news, but now Anet is at least kicking the corpse. With luck, they may stomp some new life into it eventually. Their hit-and-miss approach has been miles better than the say-nothing do-nothing policy of the past.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

I hope you realize they have added more content in a few months than they have in the past few years. They already stated that once they are finished with the overhauls, they will work on the next season. From what I have seen, wvw was dying before April. Compared to now, it’s a new game even despite losing some of its luster.

yea we wanted them to fix the game mode not kill it faster.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Hello so most of wvw players noticed our game mode is almost dead,looks like arena net forget about wvw tournamets ,devs in past told something about gvg ladder and other good stuff but looks like they forget, instead of most imporant things that can give second life to this mode of a game we recive useless things for example repair hammers.So the question is : can we finally get content which will help the wvw or there will be like small fixes that noone care about to the end of the game

Please don’t try to convey other peoples opinions into your posts, you dont speak for me, and i dont speak for anyone else.

Also people say wvw dying for 4 years, its getting more attention now than it ever has and it seems to be improving bit by bit.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: szshou.2193

szshou.2193

The GvG ladder was for pvp not for wvw and they did introduce it, but no one cared.

[eN] midline rallybot

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

When Anet got a new director, they did a right step and listened to community for the first time. They brought back Alphine BLs, made reward tracks, tried to fix population issues with server linking, announced ideas how to balance scoring/nigthcapping, even decreased lag a bit. That was hype and many people returned to WvW and had fun.

Now Anet went the wrong way again. Community told that population imbalance and scoring (especcialy nigthcapping) are core issues that should be addressed as soon as possible, but Anet went to “do you want cosmetic updates? do you want repair hammer? open field cannons and mortars? (w00t?)”. I told several times on this forum that core issue of WvW is that system benefits avoiding fair fights and doing karma train/stealth/nightcap/blobbing/ganging. If they only listen and change scoring system to benefit players for winning fair fights, taking defended objectives, and punish players for avoiding fights, stealth capping and outnumbering.

Well, the core issues stay and Anet is running out of time. Bless Online, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall are very close, and if Anet did not manage to fix core WvW issues until their releases, people will just leave WvW to new RvR games.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

They lost players/guilds early last year, people went on break during the summer, then people came back for HoT and left disappointed, especially with the DBL and grinding for Elite specs, also the Guild Hall/Arena grind.

You aren’t getting all those players back, they made good changes, but the meta isn’t all that good either and lag still exists.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Araphelbliss.4016

Araphelbliss.4016

Summer time shenanigans also detract from the overall numbers. People are all about dem Little Smokies instead of the swishy pokey.

But sure, your points are valid.

Zero server affiliation. Seriously.
Those people are crazy and smell like cheese. Absolutely no relation to Father Bliss.
http://goatsofthunder.enjin.com/recruitment

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

WVW had been dying since year 2, the stale and exclusive Hammertrain meta along with a lack of content updates has caused WvW to bleed so many players.

They have made a lot of effort recently, i just hope it isnt to late. Not that i am clamouring for another Season, which have mostly been a huge disapointment so far. Steady content is more important. Fact we went for soooo long before we even saw some new cosmetics is a testament to that, during a time when we saw new skins get added through pve or the gemstore on a near bi-weekly basis.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

It all comes down to: would you like them to have no knowledge and take shots in the dark or just not touch anything for another 3 years? It would be great if they cleaned up some of the stupid kitten they dropped in to the game, but it seems that it’s just not going to happen. At this point I am happy to see them doing something. We were bleeding players anyways.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Now Anet went the wrong way again. Community told that population imbalance and scoring (especcialy nigthcapping) are core issues that should be addressed as soon as possible, but Anet went to "do you want cosmetic updates?

I don’t know about you, but I voted on scoring issues with the understanding that it would take several months of development time, especially the big part about skirmishes time-sliced activity levels. And some of the low-hanging fruit that we voted on has already been implemented such as reducing the tick timer and adding points for capture. That’s in addition to other changes like PPK, changing the rally mechanic and double-downed state, reward tracks, etc. And don’t forget that the whole idea behind server links was a “do it now” attempt to help out with population issues.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Now Anet went the wrong way again. Community told that population imbalance and scoring (especcialy nigthcapping) are core issues that should be addressed as soon as possible, but Anet went to "do you want cosmetic updates?

I don’t know about you, but I voted on scoring issues with the understanding that it would take several months of development time, especially the big part about skirmishes time-sliced activity levels. And some of the low-hanging fruit that we voted on has already been implemented such as reducing the tick timer and adding points for capture. That’s in addition to other changes like PPK, changing the rally mechanic and double-downed state, reward tracks, etc. And don’t forget that the whole idea behind server links was a “do it now” attempt to help out with population issues.

No Chaba… People think that changing an entire scoring system can be done overnight. Don’t you see how constantly threads in this forum pops crying about how unfair the scoring is and how “arena net promissed to change it but did nothing”?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

dying mode

in WvW

morrolan.9608

When Anet got a new director, they did a right step and listened to community for the first time. They brought back Alphine BLs, made reward tracks, tried to fix population issues with server linking, announced ideas how to balance scoring/nigthcapping, even decreased lag a bit. That was hype and many people returned to WvW and had fun.

Now Anet went the wrong way again. Community told that population imbalance and scoring (especcialy nigthcapping) are core issues that should be addressed as soon as possible, but Anet went to “do you want cosmetic updates? do you want repair hammer? open field cannons and mortars? (w00t?)”. I told several times on this forum that core issue of WvW is that system benefits avoiding fair fights and doing karma train/stealth/nightcap/blobbing/ganging. If they only listen and change scoring system to benefit players for winning fair fights, taking defended objectives, and punish players for avoiding fights, stealth capping and outnumbering.

Well, the core issues stay and Anet is running out of time. Bless Online, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall are very close, and if Anet did not manage to fix core WvW issues until their releases, people will just leave WvW to new RvR games.

They are working on the scoring issues and linking issues are being addressed with linkages (albeit ineffectively). They only brought in stuff like repair hammers as an easy change whilst still working on scoring. I don’t like that they even trialled repair hammer but it clearly hasn’t delayed the scoring changes 1 iota.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

This is so true, but this, like every other complaint will get ignored. WE HAVE NEW COMMANDER TAG COLORS DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

Neither of these games have a release date, how can you say they are “very close”?

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I don’t think they said they’ll work on the next season after the overhauls. In fact I thought they said they have no plans to ever do seasons again because it caused people to burn out.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Very close ?

HAHAHA !!

Um… no they aren’t. Crowd funded projects tend to never ever be “very close”. Every step of the way during development is too dependent on “donations” so to speak.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

New RVR games?? expect 2019+ even so most wont be what players are expecting….
Camelot Unchained, ive seen some of the work on some interview, classes and fight system looked pretty complex and fun, altough i fear game will be a bit demoralizing in graphics(players on care abaout rewards and pretty graphics nowadays) for the time it will be released.

Gw2 has pretty graphics but is a empty botle or the liquid inside is a mess, sometimes imo it is better to sacrifice in graphics and have more fun with what u can do in game and how.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

wvw is not dead and i love it! i am happy with most of the recent changes (reward tracks rock!) and that they have been adding them a little at a time so that we have time to thoroughly vet them before they are made permanent, or not.

didn’t like the old way of no communication, and then a ‘surprise!’ dump of changes that would often break stuff.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

I hope you realize they have added more content in a few months than they have in the past few years. .

what they added?
tactivators, hammer cannon, we haven’t asked for that
siege chase players away not atract them

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

WvW is going way better than it was 3 months ago. It’s far from dying, it’s even improving but there are still much improvements to be made.

They need to reconcile EotM with WvW, add a 3rd BL map, merge servers, change the scoring system to be dynamic, rebalance the skills and conditions for WvW in favour of smaller group, nerf arrow cart damage, etc.

Lots of work to be done but none the less, you can still have some good times there, fights are just much less strategic with the current balance.

dying mode

in WvW

morrolan.9608

WvW is going way better than it was 3 months ago. It’s far from dying, it’s even improving but there are still much improvements to be made.

WvW has less players compered to 3 months ago, it is not doing fine.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m curious as to how you measured how many players participated in WvW across all maps, 24/7 now and then. And when you say “fewer players than 3 months ago”, by how much? Is this less than we’d expect due to normal attrition? How does it compare to PvE and PvP participation?

I’m not saying the game is in great shape in any of its modes. I’m saying we don’t have the data to say one way or another showing that WvW is on its last legs.

Regardless, the point is moot: if you are not having fun, does it really matter if the mode is ‘alive’? And if you are having fun, does it matter if there are fewer people this week compared to 3 months ago?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

dying mode

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

People been saying WvW is dead for 3 years now. It’s pointless to try argue against it.

dying mode

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I’m curious as to how you measured how many players participated in WvW across all maps, 24/7 now and then. And when you say “fewer players than 3 months ago”, by how much? Is this less than we’d expect due to normal attrition? How does it compare to PvE and PvP participation?

I’m not saying the game is in great shape in any of its modes. I’m saying we don’t have the data to say one way or another showing that WvW is on its last legs.

My conclusions are based on anecdotal observation of my servers (main and alt account) and our opponents, plus the activity data provided by torqued soul. What about the person I replied to what is the basis for saying it is improving?

As for dying I didn’t mention dying.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Jman.1975

Jman.1975

People can measure it by how their servers community has changed in the last three months idk about most of the servers, but I can say the server I’m on Anvil Rock just gets worse and worse everyday, we have very few guilds left. Most left for different games and every time a new one is released or wvw does not improve our poor server loses more coverage. I even feel sorry who ever we get paired with because all we have left is handful commanders, a Guild Havoc squad here and there, and maybe a handful of pugs in NA time. Our server tries its best to help out, but we have almost no one left to even effect the outcome of a match anymore.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: StinkyLord.7950

StinkyLord.7950

People don’t realize that gw2 is still surviving because there isn’t a new game to replace it.

When that time arrives, Gw2 will truly close its gates.

dying mode

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

People don’t realize that gw2 is still surviving because there isn’t a new game to replace it.

When that time arrives, Gw2 will truly close its gates.

Isn’t that the fate of ANY game?

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

People can measure it by how their servers community has changed in the last three months idk about most of the servers, but I can say the server I’m on Anvil Rock just gets worse and worse everyday, we have very few guilds left. Most left for different games and every time a new one is released or wvw does not improve our poor server loses more coverage. I even feel sorry who ever we get paired with because all we have left is handful commanders, a Guild Havoc squad here and there, and maybe a handful of pugs in NA time. Our server tries its best to help out, but we have almost no one left to even effect the outcome of a match anymore.

Anvil rock now has a new Ts, a guild to keep in contact with each other and I see 10 or some random at players on almost every night, which is close to or more than we had pre link. Frozen commands every so often leading for both servers. I used to command pre links and this is seriously not really worse than what we used to see imo.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

Regardless, the point is moot: if you are not having fun, does it really matter if the mode is ‘alive’? And if you are having fun, does it matter if there are fewer people this week compared to 3 months ago?

they had to go from linking 2 servers, to linking 4 servers together. There’s less and less people playing over all they are just consolidating players to fill up the map.

dying mode

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

WvW the game type that has been called dying for 4 years. I guess if ppl say it enofe they will be right one day.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA