"excessive messaging"

"excessive messaging"

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

What is this? I get this when doing scouting reports on map chat. Just this time I hadn’t said anything for several minutes and when I try to report enemy position my message was suppressed for “excessive messaging”

Could you please take it off please? Excessive messaging is when someone copypastes stupid things, not when people do scouting reports. Thank you.

"excessive messaging"

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

When you type similar things it automatically flags it as spamming and activates excessive messaging, even if you aren’t typing for minutes at a time.

Ex)

Enemy spotted at blah blah blha
Enemy spotted near vjbjjbjkb
Enemy going around blbjbkljbljlbjkj
Enemy spotted

Stuff like that would trigger the excessive messaging spam filter.
You can get around it by changing how you say something.
So:

Ebay near lkjlkgldjldk
Red near gdlkgjsdlgsdjkl
15 by dflkjflksdfjkljfk
GUild name fskdjlkjfksfj

Another thinig that triggers it is if you arrowkey down in chat and repeat lines you said before, even if you change a few words it still triggers. Typing it out completely new is the same thing.

Honestly this is why block was created…..block any players abusing the system, and stop punishing those who aren’t. But anet chooses a noob friendly approach so everyone who enters gets the same streamlined experience.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

"excessive messaging"

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I report it by shift-clicking objective name, then adding number of enemies, direction and wall/gate status. Since Anet refuses to add any automatic form of scouting, these manual scouting reports are the only way to know what’s going on in the map.

I’m frankly offended to be censored like some spammer.

"excessive messaging"

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yeah sometimes it looks like it strikes you on very random moments. Not spamming or anything, just linking might trigger it. Luckily its not so common phew.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.