Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Now this post makes the most sense in wvw forum history. I applaud you

food should last longer in dbl

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

last longer and stack duration so I don’t have to look all the time

This would have saved me several fights where i had no food.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Maybe the DBL should come without food buffs, like pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

Or maybe they should remove the map that no one likes and not change anything!

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

Do I need to link the poll results to you or you’ll change the “no one likes” part yourself?

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

Do I need to link the poll results to you or you’ll change the “no one likes” part yourself?

majority of people doesnt like desert borderlands, it was implied by devs that if we vote no on the map it will affect future development effort in negative way

the map is dead second day after release already

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

majority of people doesnt like desert borderlands, it was implied by devs that if we vote no on the map it will affect future development effort in negative way

66% of the people voted to keep it. If their motives was to hope for a new map other than the desert, they should just suck it up and ignore DBL existence instead of crying about it when they did voted to keep it.
Unless the people crying are on the 33% that voted for DBL termination, but then it’s the minority crying outloud and stating that they are “everyone”, which they aren’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

but how could it be deserted, the PvE groupthink reddit that voted because they didn’t want Anet to feel bad insisted it was a good map. It’s the best map since EoTM, the last smash hit that’s widely played by people looking to karma train and avoid all human interaction.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

66% of the people voted to keep it. If their motives was to hope for a new map other than the desert, they should just suck it up and ignore DBL existence instead of crying about it when they did voted to keep it.
Unless the people crying are on the 33% that voted for DBL termination, but then it’s the minority crying outloud and stating that they are “everyone”, which they aren’t.

I’m pretty sure you only needed to level up once to get a vote, which meant anyone could vote. Seeing as this game is PvE centric and WvW/PvP have smaller communities I’m sure you can see why Desert borderlands was brought back. In saying all that I think it’s fair for WvW players to be annoyed by this change.

The introduction of the Borderlands is a little iffy too, it’s someones empty borderlands which by nature causes imbalance to a match up. It’s not a separate map like EotM.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Jana.6831

No, you have to gain a rank each time to get the message a new poll is up. No idea if you can just get there from the forums – never tried it.
I usually never get the daily for ranks as I’m still mainly roaming – so it takes me quite a while to get these messages.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Invest in some food and wrench extenders problem solved!

Mid week on the last week of this pairing, maybe not the best time to bring back DBL, especially since the day of release the whole game was down for most people all day. But that doesn’t mean DBL won’t be populated on Friday.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I agree, food needs to last longer. I am constantly forgetting to eat while playing.

I wonder if it would be possible for them to make it so we can gorge ourselves and eat a bunch of the same food all at once. And just add up all the times so it can last longer.

in WvW

Jana.6831

I agree, food needs to last longer. I am constantly forgetting to eat while playing.

I wonder if it would be possible for them to make it so we can gorge ourselves and eat a bunch of the same food all at once. And just add up all the times so it can last longer.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metabolic_Primer

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metabolic_Primer

125 Gems! Way too expensive. I only play WvW so I’m not made of gold.

But that means there’s no way they’ll make it so we can just eat multiple foods. Because then who would buy this on the Gem Store.

in WvW

Posted by: tony.9425

tony.9425

Stacking duration would be already a start…instead of the primer…. or make the primer for 1k gems permanent so you can even earn something from it. hint hint

in WvW

Jana.6831

125 Gems! Way too expensive. I only play WvW so I’m not made of gold.

But that means there’s no way they’ll make it so we can just eat multiple foods. Because then who would buy this on the Gem Store.

Exactly

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I know my entire WvW guild plans to be back in action on DBL come Friday.
I doubt many showed up at all on Tuesday because they found something else to do while the servers were returned. You really gotta stop blaming the wrong things just to spread your hate.

As to the food thing… If you rely on food to win a fight, then there is something to be asked about in regards to your skill. Ten percent more damage (seaweed salad for example) on top of your bunker build that does piddly damage is not going to make or break a fight.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The vote to bring back Deserted BL reminds me of the public outcry when a pub is about to close, when hundreds of people get together to protest against the closure and the local council states that no other use will be sanctioned.

The pub is ‘saved’. But then all those people who were so up in arms about it possibly closing never show their face in the pub and six months later, the pub closes due to lack of custom. Then sits and goes derelict as the council won’t allow change of use.

Some builds don’t work without food, so it’s not a question of skill- the build is optimised to take advantage of food.

Let us know how many is your ‘entire guild’ Pomp and how many actually turn up and stay solely on Deserted BL on Friday when they find next to no one to fight on it- or does your guild just pvd?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

(edited by Baldrick.8967)

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Hmm there are admittedly only fifteen to twenty of us but we all stopped playing a week or two after Alpine returned. Blobs did not help, of course, so I cannot just blame the one map we have had for years.
I do not think we are so much a pvd guild as a small havoc guild. We love to fight similar sized groups and generally ruin people’s day by denying them objectives. Or so I see it anyhow. And that is what I really enjoy about WvW. The blob fights and endless face smashing on keeps and Castle get boring quickly.

The thing about dbl was less people turtle-ing across the map and needing to learn something new in terms of siege placements. Additionally, it required groups having to spread out and take multiple objectives rather than blobbing on one and then able to move to anything before it is captured. That promotes smaller, more reasonable, and arguably funner fights. Smaller fights also mean less lag ;p

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

No, you have to gain a rank each time to get the message a new poll is up. No idea if you can just get there from the forums – never tried it.
I usually never get the daily for ranks as I’m still mainly roaming – so it takes me quite a while to get these messages.

Yes you can get there from the forums. You don’t have to rank up to be able to take the poll. Anybody registered on the site can take the poll. What happens when you rank up in WvW is you get a message saying there is a poll… but it doesn’t matter even if you go into WvW at all.. you can still take the poll in the forums.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yes you can get there from the forums. You don’t have to rank up to be able to take the poll. Anybody registered on the site can take the poll. What happens when you rank up in WvW is you get a message saying there is a poll… but it doesn’t matter even if you go into WvW at all.. you can still take the poll in the forums.

Alright – so then there’s the answer how anyone from the game could have their vote on what BL we should have and with that the “all wvw voted and 66% wanted the DBLs to stay” is probably exaggerated.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

not sure how you came to this conclusion but uncheck autoplay and you’ll see latest news on your login and be able to participate in the polls right away when they are live.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Jana.6831

not sure how you came to this conclusion but uncheck autoplay and you’ll see latest news on your login and be able to participate in the polls right away when they are live.

You were replying to an old post of mine, alright (someone already told me that I haven’t had to rank up).
I’m a true wvw player: I don’t care about game news. I read patch notes and the forums now and then, that’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

You were replying to an old post of mine, alright (someone already told me that I haven’t had to rank up).
I’m a true wvw player: I don’t care about game news. I read patch notes and the forums now and then, that’s all.

Well, I think we’ve reached the end of this conversation

in WvW

Jana.6831

Well, I think we’ve reached the end of this conversation

Yeah, about 4 posts ago.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Alright – so then there’s the answer how anyone from the game could have their vote on what BL we should have and with that the “all wvw voted and 66% wanted the DBLs to stay” is probably exaggerated.

I said you needed to level up once and you said “No, you have to rank up” which to me is the same kitten, you completely missed the point that a PvE player can come in and vote on WvW changes, might aswell say “guys if you use a bank in LA, you get to vote on PvE changes.”

To over simplify with numbers.

10 players:

7 play PvE/PvX
2 play WvW
1 play PvP

Those 7 people might only do 1 hour of WvW a week in total, the 2 WvW players have been in WvW every day for 4 years.

A poll is brought out to get the WvW opinion, the 7 people vote for 1 thing not knowing any better while the 2 who WvW chose a vote thats best for the game mode via knowledge.

The group of 7 win the poll vote for WvW because of numbers, the poll is skewed and never reach the intended target audience.

66% of players might have voted the map in but it wasn’t 66% of WvW players and I’m sure you Jana have been a WvW player for quite some time so I’m surprised to even see you not understanding this.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

It was either the last poll or the one before, I forget, but I happen to notice it on the forum. Anyway, I hadn’t been in wvw for over a week, therefore I hadn’t gained a rank, but was still able to vote. A few days later, I was wandering around, got a rank, got the email, went to the poll and my vote was still there.

You don’t need to play WvW to vote, you just need to watch the forums for the polls, now whether or not your vote actually counts if you dont wvw is a different question.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

ANet wants you to buy their food/utility primers… wink wink.

Tbh I wish that either the primers themselves were cheaper or food in general needs to last longer by maybe tweaking it to a standard 1 hour for regular food and 2 hours for feasts that you can place for others.

Not sure if that’s asking too much… but time does fly when you’re on the move and it sucks to miss out on the bonuses of food.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

I use the primers for wvw but sometimes i if I am waiting on reset, crafting goods to open up storage space, standing in divinity’s reach, LA, pve etc… I tend to go afk and my primer (i think secretly) diminishes to nothing. If I could buy a wvw specific primer, that only ticks down in wvw that would fix the issue as well.

(edited by Akkeros.1675)

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

I use the primers for wvw but sometimes i if I am waiting on reset, crafting goods to open up storage space, standing in divinity’s reach, LA, pve etc… I tend to go afk and my primer (i think secretly) diminishes to nothing. If I could buy a wvw specific primer, that only ticks down in wvw that would fix the issue as well.

If you log off to character screen the timer freezes.

in WvW

Jana.6831

I said you needed to level up once and you said “No, you have to rank up” which to me is the same kitten, you completely missed the point that a PvE player can come in and vote on WvW changes, might aswell say “guys if you use a bank in LA, you get to vote on PvE changes.”

To over simplify with numbers.

10 players:

7 play PvE/PvX
2 play WvW
1 play PvP

Those 7 people might only do 1 hour of WvW a week in total, the 2 WvW players have been in WvW every day for 4 years.

A poll is brought out to get the WvW opinion, the 7 people vote for 1 thing not knowing any better while the 2 who WvW chose a vote thats best for the game mode via knowledge.

The group of 7 win the poll vote for WvW because of numbers, the poll is skewed and never reach the intended target audience.

66% of players might have voted the map in but it wasn’t 66% of WvW players and I’m sure you Jana have been a WvW player for quite some time so I’m surprised to even see you not understanding this.

I think you didn’t get what I wrote at all – no need to be angry – reread what I wrote and probably read the stuff Balthazar wrote to me.
In short: Anyone had access to the polls, which I didn’t know.
No one needed to rank up (level up is something else) – everybody had access to the polls – we have the same opinion – so no idea why you’re mad at me.

ETA: But it’s nice to see that you guys like my name and use it additionally to adress me instead of just a quote and “you”. I like it as well. :P

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

This is true.

As long as you are not logged into a character with the primer active, it won’t count down. This can be annoying if you’re outside of wvw crafting and/or doing other things. I like the idea of it only ticking down in WvW… we can’t have everything, though. Sigh.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

yeah, i know, but loading screens are so long sometimes it lulls me into a deep sleep and I start dreaming about convenience and pop balance….so i wake up and am like “kitten ”……..