gear for eles

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hi. Im new to eles and so far I only have zerker gear for pve.
Im clueless reagarding builds and gear for wvw. Is there a gear good for differents wvw-biulds?

Ty!

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Berserker gear is highly viable for elementalists in WvW, but your traits will be focused more into Water and Arcana, with no focus at all in Fire or Air.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Rebuilding mine for dual setup (yay for free refund on traits!) but it all depends on what you want to do or will spend the most time doing if you’ll just have one set of armour/gear. Are you planning on roaming, being part of a havoc or joining in the larger scale fights?

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Berserker gear is highly viable for elementalists in WvW, but your traits will be focused more into Water and Arcana, with no focus at all in Fire or Air.

what about 2 points in air for fury and swiftness on aura?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

gear for eles

in WvW

Reverence.6915

If you’re D/D, then yeah, 0/2/0/6/6 or 0/2/2/6/4 works. You only have 1 aura on staff though, and it’s not even that useful considering how situational it is.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

If you’re D/D, then yeah, 0/2/0/6/6 or 0/2/2/6/4 works. You only have 1 aura on staff though, and it’s not even that useful considering how situational it is.

Yes, my bad! I’m just so used to playing with dd I forget staff even exists!

I’m not familiar with staff builds too well, but I usually use 0/5/0/3/6.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well it’s nice to get aura and fury when you cast meteor shower if you sometimes use it without tornado.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

gear for eles

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Yes, my bad! I’m just so used to playing with dd I forget staff even exists!

I’m not familiar with staff builds too well, but I usually use 0/5/0/3/6.

There’s an Earth master trait that gives 2s stability on Earth attunement, so my staff build is 0/0/4/6/4

Beastgate | Faerie Law

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

If your going staff, your better off going into both fire and air for pure damage. One dps traited Ele heavily out dps’s the healing of several traited water Ele’s to the point it’s almost pointless to even go water.

It depends on your goals and what you find fun. D/D is good, but not as good in zergs as staff. Zergs can make due with 2 or so water ele’s, but the rest should be traited for dps (that is if it’s organized).

gear for eles

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

For starting out, and learning wvw. Probably 0/0/2/6/6 and zerk/cav/knight/soldier mix. Transition to more damage and full zerk as you get more comfortable surviving.

In large zergs I’m currently running 4/4/0/2/2 full ascended zerk w/strength runes.

For smaller group fights against superior numbers, I run the same armor/runes, switch 2 trinkets to cavalier and swap my traits to 0/2/0/6/6

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP