gold + badges for gear?

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

the new gear (thanks for adding it!) is adquired by badges AND gold, i dont understand why the old gear keep its old price/currency (only WvW badges) and the new one cost gold(and by the way most of the parts almost same price than the cheapest ones in bazar).

-Any plan to make the old gear to be purchased by badges and gold in the future?
if so i should hurry up and buy a couple of set just in case :S

-Any plan to add jewelry to the new sets?

-Any chance making a “only badges” version of the new equipment?

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

its to protect their precious pve economy

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Aye they’ve added gold to the price to buy, but they’ve dropped the badge cost.

The gold cost is not too high and it means that more casual players that PvE quite a bit can get gear earlier without having to slog so much.

Not really a big deal, not really a bad thing

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

Aye they’ve added gold to the price to buy, but they’ve dropped the badge cost.

The gold cost is not too high and it means that more casual players that PvE quite a bit can get gear earlier without having to slog so much.

Not really a big deal, not really a bad thing

you can find same gear with those stats at same price in trader post…so i could afford them without spending any badges

it would be a good choice IF they permitted 2 ways of acquisition, badges only and gold+badges

what if i spend my money upgrading things in WvW and fixing my armor and i dont earn as such as money as those pve players?

Its fine to give extra choices but do it correctly

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Jarni.7402

Jarni.7402

Well today I bought the Invader’s Shortbow + Longbow, both for 1 gold + 196 badges. As far as I can see, the old Invader’s gear has changed in price too.

Servers: Desolation (1) / Piken Square (2)
Main characters: Jarni The Catmander (1) / Jarni Goes Wild (2)
Gank Me Harder [FURY]

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

yes, it all changed price- they reduced the badge cost and added the 1gold charge per piece- which for anyone who exclusively does wvw, buys siege and upgrades and dies quite a lot is quite a lot of money.

The answer of course is to do something you don’t want to do which is join a dungeon party and waste your time there to make the gold to buy the piece of wvw armor you want.

It a bit like the daily choices- forcing you to go places or do things that you would rather not spend your time doing in order to obtain something you do want…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Jarni.7402

yes, it all changed price- they reduced the badge cost and added the 1gold charge per piece- which for anyone who exclusively does wvw, buys siege and upgrades and dies quite a lot is quite a lot of money.

The answer of course is to do something you don’t want to do which is join a dungeon party and waste your time there to make the gold to buy the piece of wvw armor you want.

It a bit like the daily choices- forcing you to go places or do things that you would rather not spend your time doing in order to obtain something you do want…

Mehhh I never do dailies, and the only times you’ll ever see me in a dungeon is in FOTM, when I want to get another 20 slot fractal uncommon equipment box I make money in WvW, I just don’t spend gold on sieges/upgrades anymore :p

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Yeah it is kinda silly as it is now. If I wanted to buy gear with gold, I’d go to the trading post… badge gear should only cost badges. If it’s too cheap that way, they can increase the price by increasing the amount of badges required rather than adding gold to it. And yea WvW is already expensive unless you get all your siege from jump puzzles (which is actually PvE)

Not that there is any interesting gear that I would want to buy… just commenting on the system.

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Jarni.7402

Yeah it is kinda silly as it is now. If I wanted to buy gear with gold, I’d go to the trading post… badge gear should only cost badges. If it’s too cheap that way, they can increase the price by increasing the amount of badges required rather than adding gold to it. And yea WvW is already expensive unless you get all your siege from jump puzzles (which is actually PvE)

Not that there is any interesting gear that I would want to buy… just commenting on the system.

Well I got myself the two Invader’s bows because of the power/toughness/vitality stats as a Commander, I should keep myself alive, shouldn’t I? :p

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

People will find a reason to complain about anything.

The only thing I see wrong with it is the lack of trinkets, but those are all available for karma in Orr anyway so it’s not a big deal. The gold cost is way less than crafted stuff, and anyone who plays WvW much probably has an excess of badges anyway.

It would be nice to have some unique skins for WvW gear rather than the simple racial/karma skins. Facerolling CoF for a week gets you a shiny set of flaming armors/weapons, but playing WvW for months gets you the same skins you can get from basic PvE or karma vendors under level 60. The thousands of objectives we take and defend contribute to easier and more profitable PvE (through passive bonuses) but we get generic clothes to do it in. It’s not a big deal though, just an observation.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Ha and now they removed it. Getting gear while having fun is not intended.

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

aye.. ? i just checked.. i think it is still there …

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Its ok. In fact, gold prices for gear are VERY advantageus. If anything. it strikes the crafters/traders hard – since at the moment its most of people who done WvW can get gear equal to crafted very cheap and easy.

The only downside lack of rings/amulets/earrings.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

the new gear (thanks for adding it!) is adquired by badges AND gold, i dont understand why the old gear keep its old price/currency (only WvW badges) and the new one cost gold(and by the way most of the parts almost same price than the cheapest ones in bazar).

-Any plan to make the old gear to be purchased by badges and gold in the future?
if so i should hurry up and buy a couple of set just in case :S

-Any plan to add jewelry to the new sets?

-Any chance making a “only badges” version of the new equipment?

the old one that requires a lot of badges is for lvl 70

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The prices seem extremely expensive. Im pretty sure I could get equivalent gear off the trading post for less gold and no badges…

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah.named sets are 1+ gold (no badge) each gear. the only worth getting are the soldier/rabid stats gear since you can’t craft them. well, at least they are giving us options.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

The prices seem extremely expensive. Im pretty sure I could get equivalent gear off the trading post for less gold and no badges…

that’s not the complaint here, the complaint is that you should be able to buy those gear with badges alone instead of having to grind some gold to buy them.

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

You are very wrong. At least check Trading Post before posting. The new vendor prices are very very good, and harm craters – and they cant even lower prices, since ingredients alone cost more than for what gear is sold on wvw vendors.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

gold + badges for gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Lest we forget you can’t even throw them in the forge.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals