gun flame and other stuff

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

did Anet really corrected the skill “Gun Flame”???

with 3000 armor see this hits of nearly 7k, as opening attack? first attack?

how you should handle an attack like this? with 5s cooldown?

so in 10s get 2 of them? when healings etc are 5-7k?

i dont care at all if this is perfect for the 4 Hot maps, but in wvw its insane.
as other bilions of skills with low cooldown and high damage.

you made armor-toughness useless in the game.

you want the game “burst or be bursted” – really sad this road Anet.

regards.

(i saw those things only playing rampage as engi!!! rampage!!! with basic armor!!!)

Attachments:

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

(edited by funghetto.1584)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

I know, right?
7k backstabs and 4-4.4k hammer bolts on 3.1k armor+7% damage reduction.
5k meteors, mind that the area is huge.
Range cc spam ftw.
In 2 years we may have some kind of balance.

We really need standardized cd and damage on all the weapons. Why rev’s hammer #5 hits just as hard as warriors gs #5 and its on way less shorter cd? /shrug

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

The cooldown is actually 2.5 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t mind thief’s, I guess they need their big numbers but if I get a shot off I can dish it back.

However, the gun flame is a little much. I’ve run higher armor, like 3.5 and still get hit for insane damage by gun flame. Bad calculator anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

It’s not surprising that so many run glass when running 3-4k armour doesn’t keep you alive much longer. The only way to get durability is massive regen, which appears to be limited to tempest and berserker at present.

(edited by Ben K.7329)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It used to hit for more, especially with damage multipliers, so it isn’t so bad anymore, stuff hits hard and condis melt regardless of armor/toughness, the only counter is passives, evades and protection and resistance, if they don’t get ripped/corrupted.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Armour is essentially meaningless in WvW now that direct damage values have been hyper inflated. A 6K Gunflame isn’t even that bad, when it actually hits people regularly for >10K. Then there’s the enormous AoE damage of stuff like Meteor Shower (7K per meteor), Coalescence of Ruin (easy 12K after blocking a thing) and Dragohunter traps (Fragments of Faith still hits people for like 8K). On my Thief I can easily dish out 7K auto-attack chains or 10-11K Vaults or 11-13K Unloads. I actually killed another Thief last week with a single Unload – that’s just miserable.

I don’t think Anet are aware of just bad things have become. Improving scoring and adding reward tracks are decent, but the core experience (the actual fighting of other players) is currently damaged and in need of some major repair.

Gandara

(edited by Simonoly.4352)

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Not really sure how ANET is defining balanced ,considering that evasion ,speed and defensive skills don’t seem to be accounted for in some classes as they add more damage output to those classes.Seems to me that the Devs have their favorites or some classes have a higher priority over others.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Anyone using Gun Flame before can tell you it took a large nerf when it was patched. Now not certain if it was also because there was a bug or not or just the change but it was noticeable change.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Oh look a thread from others that the damage in this game is ridiculous and turned this game into 1 second burst fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You already say that you do not know how to handle that stuff…First step would be,Learn how to handle that stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Huh and people in sPvP are complaining about bunkers and bruisers ruining the game and making the TTK to long.

Highly amusing.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Gunflame got nerfed hard or rather fixed. It used to clock for upwards of 20k or more even on above average armor.

If a player has 3k power, 225 crit magnitude and 50% crit chance (as in glassy) on average Backstab will hit for less than 4k on average. That does mean nearly a 6k hit on crit not counting modifiers such as vulnerability. However a thief running those numbers will die to any decent attack, has to cut through invulns/blocks/evades, hit from behind and use another skill to stealth.

Gunflame is similar with a 3.5k average not counting the burning damage. It also has to be primed and only lasts a few seconds plus the skill sits on the relatively under performing rifle weapon set.

Just for an FYI, Eviscerate hits WAY harder than either of those. Also some channeled skills such as Rapid Fire clock for an astonishing average of 6k and it is on a 10s timer as well as being able to hit from the longest range.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

funghetto.1584

I know, right?
7k backstabs and 4-4.4k hammer bolts on 3.1k armor+7% damage reduction.
5k meteors, mind that the area is huge.
Range cc spam ftw.
In 2 years we may have some kind of balance.

We really need standardized cd and damage on all the weapons. Why rev’s hammer #5 hits just as hard as warriors gs #5 and its on way less shorter cd? /shrug

i see doing wvw all those skills. and i agree on what you say.

by the way, so that everyone can understand it, nothing against players using what Anet OFFERS.

its a usual thread of people complaining? yes. but against who?

this post is a complain on the road Anet took from Hot.

simple and easy.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Just for an FYI, Eviscerate hits WAY harder than either of those. Also some channeled skills such as Rapid Fire clock for an astonishing average of 6k and it is on a 10s timer as well as being able to hit from the longest range.

Way harder? With the same power and crit. damage it’s about 25% less,if you add the burning then its ~12%. And don’t forget it hits up to 3 targets within 180 radius, 1500 range, improved projectile velocity and cast time while evis is possibly the most telegraphed burst. It’s stupid that a ranged weapon on the same class performs just as good as high-risk melee weapon.Imo there’s no need of 1500 range and 100% projectile velocity bonus but hey, how else you would sell half-finished expansion?

And this is about the warrior, if we go through the other classes…

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

It’s fixed to an extent. It used to hit 15K+ on 3k armor

The cooldown might need looking at but 7K damage really isn’t that much if the warrior is running signet of might and had might stacks (or you had vulnerability more likely).

Your HP is 24K, what are you complaining about? If you were on a guardian it’d be about half your HP unless you ran multiple pieces of vitality gear other than armor (i.e. Nomad’s /Minstrel’s/Marauder’s/Wanderer’s/Soldier’s/Sentinel’s/Valkyrie), durability/trooper runes, and/or force of will trait for +3000HP.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

funghetto.1584

It’s fixed to an extent. It used to hit 15K+ on 3k armor

The cooldown might need looking at but 7K damage really isn’t that much if the warrior is running signet of might and had might stacks (or you had vulnerability more likely).

Your HP is 24K, what are you complaining about? If you were on a guardian it’d be about half your HP unless you ran multiple pieces of vitality gear other than armor (i.e. Nomad’s /Minstrel’s/Marauder’s/Wanderer’s/Soldier’s/Sentinel’s/Valkyrie), durability/trooper runes, and/or force of will trait for +3000HP.

lol lol lol lol

it was the first HIT i got, with 0 vulnerability on me.

“If you were on a guardian it’d be about half your HP” ok. this is perfect for what i’m saying

7k isnt a lot? but compared to what? and ele has 10-15k hp lol and gets 7k as 1st attacking skill?

do you really think this game after Hot is balanced? LOOOOOOOOOOL

in WvW

funghetto.1584

i’ll repost what i wrote at the beginning:

“i saw those damages (notice: from 3k to 12k) only playing rampage as engi!!! rampage!!! with basic armor!!!” (rampage = precision-power-condition) so no vitality – no toughness anywwhere)

and that was looooooooooong time ago!!! (3 years ago kind of!)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

HoT has powercreep across all classes.

However seeing 7K CRIT damage on 3K armor is not that amazing when a skill has a 2.2 skill coefficient, on top of 160%+ crit damage almost every warrior runs in WvW (some run in excess of 180%). It is almost certain they had might stacks. The problem is how quick it is and its 1500 range.

What would you have arenanet do? lower base damage from 907 or reduce the damage coefficient? increase recharge?

(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Gunflame-needs-adjusting/first)
^
I was one of the people against 15K+ gunflame, CoR , and to a lesser extent 10K trueshots and the mass stability removal of hunter’s ward.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)