gw2wvw.net

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Is pretty much dead..
matchup threads no one cares to look at or writes about.

just wanted to put it here..

if it’s too much trouble to moderate WvW matchup threads just add a disclaimer that it will not be moderated or anything..
at least when it was on these forums you could find the people ingame, write them a pm, ask for info etc etc..

anyways.. the community is as split as ever thanks to the tools created to keep everyone out of contact.

NB: The site looks nice though, i do visit to see what’s up, and wvw tools are all nicely put together.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Is pretty much dead..

if it’s too much trouble to moderate WvW matchup threads just add a disclaimer that it will not be moderated or anything..
at least when it was on these forums you could find the people ingame, write them a pm, ask for info etc etc..

anyways.. the community is as split as ever thanks to the tools created to keep everyone out of contact.

How is it dead. Last week , the gold leagues of NA had a total of 500 posts and over 25,000 reads. We have 2000++ members, a growing gvg forum and amazing videos. Are you sure you are not referring to gw2gvg.com?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

let me correct, EU ..
matchup threads..

still i hardly find anything of interest on it.
500 posts.. 25000 reads? what is there to read? the 2 comments in the 2 topics?

nope im pretty sure i visit gw2wvw.net/com every day to see if anything is happening, too bad it’s mostly the group of about 10 people posting all the stuff

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I think the EU players have their own forum? No?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I think the EU players have their own forum? No?

As i said, nothing to see on that site..

E.A.D.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

We went one week without even having a matchup thread there, no one had bothered to create one. It’s a shame, really, because you can tell the people working on that site have put a lot of effort into it, and I applaud that. It’d be nice if ANet included a link to the site or something, to increase its visibility. They mention it sometimes when they kill matchup posts, but that’s insufficient.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

I kind of have to agree….. I miss these forums… and also the lack of troll accounts. =/

cries

The LOVE asura <3

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I did not want to sign up to another forum just for matchup threads where people keep complaining that either their zergs isnt larger than the enemy zergs, or that the enemy zergs plays at a different time to their zergs so they are always outnumbered.

But TBH anet should never have closed down the matchup forums. The only reason they closed them was because it was too much effort to moderate them as there were too many threads all the problems with WvW that still have not been fixed.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

Most EU players know each other by now who post there and just talk in-game to set things up. Generally people us the site to set up GvGs or post their latest video.

No one is interested in a flame-war about match-ups. (speaking as someone from EU)

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

Except Shino :-)))
I have to write it :-)

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

It seems to be an emerging competitive meta-game for some to see how much a matchup thread can develop before being /deleted

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

It’s not dead, it’s just only a few threads are healthy. A lot of lower tier servers only have a few registered spokespeople. If they don’t get into some QQ then the threads never take off =[

If this thread brings more awareness of the site that should help a bit.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

btw its not gw2wvw.com its gw2wvw.net

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I did not want to sign up to another forum just for matchup threads where people keep complaining that either their zergs isnt larger than the enemy zergs, or that the enemy zergs plays at a different time to their zergs so they are always outnumbered.

But TBH anet should never have closed down the matchup forums. The only reason they closed them was because it was too much effort to moderate them as there were too many threads all the problems with WvW that still have not been fixed.

Agreed. Why should I have to register at an unofficial forum to post about activities in this game.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anet removing the match up section was probably one of the most detrimental decisions they have made to WvW. The section was a great place for servers to chat, make rivalries, friends, and more. Sure there was some trash talk and trolling, however this happens in any competitive environment.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Everyone stacked into Gold league PvF.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Instead of removing the matchup forums, anet could have easily (by any normal dev standards) made Map chat viewable by all servers, and kept Team and Say chats only viewable by a specific server. This also would have greatly reduced the QQ on the matchup forums as players could insult each other immediately in-game rather than post on the forums.

Of course this is a constructive post which, if done, would make the game better; but it reflects badly on anet and as such will be removed.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Instead of removing the matchup forums, anet could have easily (by any normal dev standards) made Map chat viewable by all servers, and kept Team and Say chats only viewable by a specific server. This also would have greatly reduced the QQ on the matchup forums as players could insult each other immediately in-game rather than post on the forums.

Of course this is a constructive post which, if done, would make the game better; but it reflects badly on anet and as such will be removed.

Lol, cross server /map chat.
I would log in every day with pop corns just to read it.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

Is pretty much dead..

How is it dead. Last week , the gold leagues of NA had a total of 500 posts and over 25,000 reads. We have 2000++ members, a growing gvg forum and amazing videos. Are you sure you are not referring to gw2gvg.com?

fuzzion the site is great alot to read in the na threads lol. having the vids and voting system on home page is awesome keep it up will only get better

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I kind of have to agree….. I miss these forums… and also the lack of troll accounts. =/

cries

Although I hardly ever visit gw2wvw.net, I haven’t seen any of your score updates. Do you not use it anymore?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

All hail the almighty $

It has destroyed more games (and good things in general) than anything else in the world.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

As the site creator, I think the site is awfully healthy at least NA-wise. I’m assuming… somewhere.. there are EU matchup forums, but I haven’t looked. Maybe EU just isn’t into PvF as NA is. But feel free to post around EU community sites if you want to try to re-encourage it.

Other response to the site being ‘dead’. Right now the site gets approx 13k pagehits a day, so if anything, there’s people looking at it, and this number has been steadily increasing over time. And there were a number of unhappy people (from emails) when I had server issues that took me about a week to resolve (and the resolution causing about 8 hours of downtime). So people care at least.

As far as moderation, if you see a persistent problem, send me a note on it with a link to the comment. I had a report abuse button on it but after a few months, I recently removed it because 99% of the things reported wouldn’t even get infracted on this forum. IMO, for a gaming pvp forum, the population is remarkably well behaved. I find it humorous scrolling through pages most of the time.

That said, I’m currently deployed so my response time is a tad slow, but right now I favor a largely unmoderated forum vs trying to find people who would be fair in upholding some standard.

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

As the site creator, I think the site is awfully healthy at least NA-wise. I’m assuming… somewhere.. there are EU matchup forums, but I haven’t looked. Maybe EU just isn’t into PvF as NA is. But feel free to post around EU community sites if you want to try to re-encourage it.

Other response to the site being ‘dead’. Right now the site gets approx 13k pagehits a day, so if anything, there’s people looking at it, and this number has been steadily increasing over time. And there were a number of unhappy people (from emails) when I had server issues that took me about a week to resolve (and the resolution causing about 8 hours of downtime). So people care at least.

As far as moderation, if you see a persistent problem, send me a note on it with a link to the comment. I had a report abuse button on it but after a few months, I recently removed it because 99% of the things reported wouldn’t even get infracted on this forum. IMO, for a gaming pvp forum, the population is remarkably well behaved. I find it humorous scrolling through pages most of the time.

That said, I’m currently deployed so my response time is a tad slow, but right now I favor a largely unmoderated forum vs trying to find people who would be fair in upholding some standard.

It’s mostly pretty good as an unmoderated forum, but the recent T1 thread had some pretty crappy posts.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Vyx.8607

If you’re talking about the last week’s T1 matchup thread… someone from that got all their posts wiped.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

The old match up threads were full of same/similar posts, just with more moderating and as Vyx said, trying to get reliable moderators for his site would be troublesome. A lot of people would do it only because of personal prerogatives.

I’d like to take a moment to thank Vyx for having set up the site and spending a lot of his personal time in doing so.

Additionally, going by him having to remove the report feature it sounds like he has to put up with a lot of unnecessary BS as well. Remember that before you post something stupid on the site.

There are people behind all this hard work, it doesn’t just happen. That’s how we lost our old match up threads.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’ve tried to get the EU side going, but IMO alot of people use that site for personal promotion – not me though honest! I ended up being chased by a entire 30 man KISS Group from Gunnar’s after my little experiment.

Some threads ended up rather like it was the old days without all the infractions, it’s just that it’s not very frequent on the EU side, and then you have some who need consistent moderating.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

If you’re talking about the last week’s T1 matchup thread… someone from that got all their posts wiped.

Nope it was this weeks. Some pictures that are just in poor taste period. Granted its the internet, but still. No one needs to see that.

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Vyx.8607

Taken care of … length 15

gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

lol troll advertising, and only those that use that site bit.

mods need to delete this thread.

Delete Delete

Sincerly, Me.