Posted by: Soridormy.8132

Soridormy.8132

i wanna know how many ppl can join on 1 borderland

i heard thats 80ppl, is this right?

how many ppl can join on 1 wvw border?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

They capped it a month or so ago to 60 for lag testing, but I’ve seen way more than that recently so maybe they reverted to old numbers, which were never clearly spelled out since launch. More nebulous number.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

No number has ever been confirmed. The one dev had lowered it by a lot, then upped it a little, although still not to the original max.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They capped it a month or so ago to 60 for lag testing, but I’ve seen way more than that recently so maybe they reverted to old numbers, which were never clearly spelled out since launch. More nebulous number.

My feeling is that its still around 60. On JQ we are still queuing borderlands with way less than a couple of months ago.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Anet won’t say. They won’t tell us numbers. Anyone who states a number is just guessing.

in WvW

Posted by: Faenar.8036

Faenar.8036

I am not sure about Borderlands, but for Eternal Battlegrounds for blue side it seems to be something around 80 players. So it should be the same for all WvW maps. Although as ppl said above, ANET never tell us any exact numbers so it is only a guess from what we see in game.

Maybe for more precise number, it would be a good idea to start capturing a video recording a little bit before you get into WvW map at the time of WvW reset, then stop recording when ppl on Teamspeak starts calling “there is a queue, I cannot get into WvW now” , and then afterward replaying that video and do a player counting. If you get into WvW very quickly (in a second or two) after reset, it shouldn’t be too much hard because at WvW reset, all players on map are concentrated around single spawnpoint.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

No server is organized enough to stack everyone in one place/get ts to match in game count. Hats off if you do…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

80 and lower, though the number still depends on alot of things (partically siege takes some spots on map 1 treb 1/8 of spot etc)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Jayne.9251

80 and lower, though the number still depends on alot of things (partically siege takes some spots on map 1 treb 1/8 of spot etc)

Lol that’s not true at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

The last number I heard was 70. Someone told me it was changed recently, and a T1 server capped a map to test it.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

lol how much u want, but it what devs said long long long long ago

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Going by what Anet has said I don’t believe the map population is a set number, but rather a percentage of available resources. The WvW wiki article also points toward this.

Say your available resources for a map is 80%, divided equally between 3 servers = 26% of resources allocated per server. I think this is why there’s no definitive number floating around of what the map population cap actually is, because that number flexes according to what’s available resource wise.

There was an incomplete list of things posted long ago by a Dev. that mentioned siege, population, upgrades, pets, clones, minions, etc., as things that used resources but I think over the years a few things have been removed from the resource “cap” for population and given separate caps (siege and siege types, minis, upgrades, but not sure about clones/pets/minions).

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

if eotm player cap is a guide, the number is somewhere between 70-80 per side

in WvW

Jayne.9251

lol how much u want, but it what devs said long long long long ago

I’d love to see a dev link to that. I think you’re likely confusing what they said about necro and ranger pets.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’ve even heard rumors about mini’s taking up spaces, but I kinda doubt that.

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

1. reddit count 3 years ago was like that 110 green , 100 blue, 90 red side. Dunno if it was fixed to balance it out. Yet 2 months ago to remove lag cap was downed by 10% and then addctional 10% of remaining cap so now it is like 70-80 max. Just look how many guilds can join now(2-3) and back in 2014(4-5). Also there is al ot of speculations that siege take spots, but ofcourse Anet don’t want to share any info with us

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

A few months before they started fiddling with the cap we got 84 people on tag just after porting into a seemingly empty border on our side. We did this because we saw the chance of getting a decent estimate at the time. With people reporting a queue at that point, the cap would most likely have been 85-90. If it’s actually a simple fixed value, that is.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

atm it might be arround 60-70

Q:
im wondering since this started if they ar trying to get high queue obligation players to disperse trough all servers?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Anet has released the numbers, granted, it was a long time ago. 80 for BLs, 120 for EB. As other posters, and devs have said, this number has been lowered and raised due to lag issues. Where it stands currently is unkown, but I suspect that it has stayed in a lower number, something like 70/100 for stability / lag reasons from the Mid-March patch, which still hasn’t been fully fixed.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

That doesn’t seem right, does WvW cap change from tier to tier? The most I’ve ever stacked was 74, and I know for a fact that wasn’t everyone on the map. Granted this was back in November, they could have dropped the cap since then. But just today, I saw 3 groups from our server tag Orange Swords on guards/towers so that’s gotta be at least 75+ there.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Well we did a stack at reset, we had 84 on tag. A few were on the spawn point still and a few more using NPC’s.

After a quick count we made it 95 players. But this is on a T1 server in EU and I believe total numbers allowed in maps is based on the server resources they allocate. Which may well and are indeed likely to be lower on lower tier servers where general populations are smaller and Anet can use the server resources for other things (PvP Arenas, Dungeon and map instances, etc).

We are also not sure what uses the server resources anymore, it once used to include mini-pets, pets and pieces of siege already on the map.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

No one outside of the Dev’s know the numbers. We don’t know what the totals are, if they are static or variable, if they are equal across all 3 worlds, etc.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No one outside of the Dev’s know the numbers. We don’t know what the totals are, if they are static or variable, if they are equal across all 3 worlds, etc.

Definitely variable. My educated guess (I recall some dev post about PvE map caps being affected by minions): almost certainly influenced by number of minions and other AI that are out. This means the number of actual players won’t be equal across the three worlds even if all three are queued.

And this is why Anet completely refuses to give any useful information about caps: if this is officially confirmed, it means players with minions will be told to GTFO of WvW.