how often does the server population update?

in WvW

Posted by: notkirves.2643

notkirves.2643

sorry if this is the wrong section im new to the game

I bought the game planning to play with friends and WvW was one of the games big selling points for me, unfortunately after i finally downloaded the game and tried to make a character i found out that the server my friends play on is full and theres no queue that i can see. How often do servers update their population status? Should i just try again in a few hours or is it going to take weeks/months?

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

no one knows. what we know is that your server needs to lose wvw population for it to open.

in WvW

Posted by: notkirves.2643

notkirves.2643

no one knows. what we know is that your server needs to lose wvw population for it to open.

…well thats kinda kittenty, if i start on another server can i move to the server i want to play on when it opens?

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Only developers know for sure how often does the server population update but my bet is once/twice per month. There should be a reason why some server starts to lose players suddenly, and that usually involves losing matches and dropping down tiers, which takes time.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its weekly, usually late Monday NA time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

…well thats kinda kittenty, if i start on another server can i move to the server i want to play on when it opens?

yes…..

in WvW

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

It could takes months for a server to go from full to very high. You either wait for it to open, or start playing on another server and transfer later. Just be aware that transfering to a very high server is pretty expensive.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Just curious, what server do you want to transfer to?

in WvW

Posted by: Ylanaya.5328

Ylanaya.5328

I am feeling with you notkirves, as other ppl mentioned it might take months until a server is open again.
I wait since 2 months for a specific server EU Riverside to open that i can join my guild mates, pretty annoying … And no chance as my target server has no linked world an will not get one …

Did you check with the server of you friends have a linked server? If yes go to the linked server and play there for 2 months, if needed transfer after 2 months again…

If no linking then i can just give you some hugs …

Usumi – currently on Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

If server update go according to how I theorized it to be, then, the refreshing itself isn’t the main thing you are looking out for. Rather, it is the time it takes for individual objects, in this case, players to be considered as part or not part of the populations.

How long does it take for the object to be reflected in the population and how long does it take for that same object to be subtracted from the population if inactive. Then, how much time needed for this compounding of objects to reflect in the populations.

From observation, 2 to 3 weeks after relink, most servers will open again.
Seeing that expansion is coming, realistically might take more than a month due to many returning players.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com