how to nerf runes of perplexity

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

drop the duration of the confusion to like 1-2 seconds and add an extra 15% confusion duration to the 6th rune (maybe not), this will make the stacks from that rune not so scary and will really amp up the duration of confusion on classes that should be using confusion from there class skill’s/mechanics, having such a small duration on the confusion in general will also allow classes that can use alot of interrupts to use them more defensively (interrupt a spammer to force him to stop spamming for a short amount of time or face death) giving the user a short amount of time to recuperate or use this to advantage if the target has gone stupid with confusion this will also stop classes that don’t get access to reliable confusion from massive stacking confusion on top of what there already capable of running as a condition build

anyway that’s my idea on the runes of perplexity feel free to comment and add suggestions

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

i’d just had a small ICD to the 6 point ability

a 1-2 second Confusion would be pretty much useless

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

ukuni.8745

i’d just had a small ICD to the 6 point ability

a 1-2 second Confusion would be pretty much useless

1-2 seconds befor the addition of duration, lets assume it would be 2 seconds, after taking the bonus from the rune its self and assuming the user is running a condition build and will be taking pizza’s then they already have a 70% bonus and anyone using the trait line to get a further 30% will amp it up to a 4 second confusion which i feel is very good for a rune, although giving it a ICD would fix the problem i feel the sheer duration of the rune is what makes it op

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

To be honest, against most players it won’t last the full duration.

What makes it somewhat overpowered is some builds can stack the crap out of Confusion to 25 stacks..Which is incredibly powerful…Which i honestly don’t have a problem with it being powerful either, But ease at which they can do it is kind of over the top.

I actually don’t have a Problem with Mesmer’s doing high stacks right now….I think the Confusion Nerf ended up causing a lot of the Spam problems with have right now in PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

does it need a nerf?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

does it need a nerf?

Warrior can stack 25 on a person easily. And keep it there…

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

Just when I though my mesmer was going to be useful again….

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in WvW

ukuni.8745

I main an engineer so I don’t want it nerfed but it needs to be, with a shield tk and bk I could already stack 12-14 confusion easy, the real killer with this rune is “do something and die, do nothing and my other conditions eat you” that is why the duration needs to be nerfed because with 18 sec long confusion with 5 stacks is just to much with tk and bk , and giving it a icd with still that massive duration won’t really fix the issue unless they make it a 20 CD which is to big for a rune that takes skill to utilize properly so a 10 sec CD would be best but even then people can easily get 100% confusion duration and with a bit of skill will be able to upkeep 10 stacks of confusion not to mention the 3 stacks that come from just attacking which is way to game breaking considering this comes from a rune and not a particular professions build

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

It’s really not that overpowered to be honest.

Conditions are easily nullified in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah the duration is way too long!not a single glam trait last that long. they are are like 5 seconds. plus also the 5 stacks are questionable. as of right now it is op and gives almost every class a new viable stacking condition. right now the confusion mesmer has been replaced by 1 rune! and that is ridiculous!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Condition duration is fairly useless in WvW with the large amount of condition removal. The only change the rune needs is an ICD for the interrupt confusion (if it has one, it should be longer).

But giving an extra +15% confusion duration will be fairly useless in WvW in the end.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Conditions have hard counters. Sure my Engineer, Ranger, and Warrior notice them but my Guardian still questions their existence.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

does it need a nerf?

People not heard of stability?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

selan.8354

does it need a nerf?

erm confusion is a condition not a cc…..and even if u have stability (btw mesmers have a weak stability as we dont have many skills that do that for us) in a zerg u will not be able to keep stability up consitently

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

The reality is this confusion lasts too long and is better than the warrior trait.

Warrior trait gives 4 stacks for 8s
Rune gives 5 stacks for 10s

Putting a cooldown has a large implication for the set and I’d hope that doesn’t happen. It would remove any usefulness to an AoE interrupt as you would randomly be applying the confusion to one of the targets.

I’d accept a huge nerf in duration/stacks but hope that there is no cooldown on it. In my mind, it adds a lot of flavour to different classes and opens up to more skilled gameplay, which includes counter interrupt gamplay (recognizing when someone is waiting for you to use a skill and then baiting them for the interrupt or cancelling your skill as soon as they use it).

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

does it need a nerf?

On a real thinking person (meaning any half decent player) or on some mob? I think I’ll have to go to WvW and see that for myself. Also, my necro and mesmer would return the favor and give you those stacks back :P

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

- Reduce the #4 to 1 stack of confusion.
- Reduce the #6 to 3 stacks of confusion, reduce bease duration to 5s and give it 20s internal cd.

The way it is it’s just wildly superior to any confusion a mesmer can do which shouldn’t be the case.

in WvW

bradderzh.2378

does it need a nerf?

erm confusion is a condition not a cc…..and even if u have stability (btw mesmers have a weak stability as we dont have many skills that do that for us) in a zerg u will not be able to keep stability up consitently

How is the confusion dealt? Interrupts. How do you interrupt people? With cc. What shields you from interrupts? Stability.

In a Zerg conditions are not very effective at all, so much aoe condi cleanse from shout guardians/warriors, warrior horns, nullfield, necro well of power, engi fumigate the list goes on and on.

This is only a powerful rune in small play or 1v1’s but at the end of the day wvw is mainly about ppt not 1v1’s. There are hard counters to everything an example to this would be a ranger, all a ranger would have to do is pop Rampage as one and these runes become useless.

- Reduce the #6 to 3 stacks of confusion, reduce bease duration to 5s and give it 20s internal cd.

The way it is it’s just wildly superior to any confusion a mesmer can do which shouldn’t be the case.

With a nerf as huge as this nobody would ever use these runes and we already have far to many pointless runes that nobody uses. At least with the implementation of these runes people will be pulled away from the usual runesets everyone uses.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

in WvW

selan.8354

does it need a nerf?

How is the confusion dealt? Interrupts. How do you interrupt people? With cc. What shields you from interrupts? Stability.

In a Zerg conditions are not very effective at all, so much aoe condi cleanse from shout guardians/warriors, warrior horns, nullfield, necro well of power, engi fumigate the list goes on and on.

This is only a powerful rune in small play or 1v1’s but at the end of the day wvw is mainly about ppt not 1v1’s. There are hard counters to everything an example to this would be a ranger, all a ranger would have to do is pop Rampage as one and these runes become useless.

With a nerf as huge as this nobody would ever use these runes and we already have far to many pointless runes that nobody uses. At least with the implementation of these runes people will be pulled away from the usual runesets everyone uses.

u are aware though that not all classes have such easy access to stability. on my mesmer i have 1 mantra i could use but that is kind hard to do if u dont run a mantra build. so what stability? guardians and warriors have great stability, but warrior is also the one that can now multi stack confusion and has pretty nice interrupts……

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

bradderzh.2378

If a warrior is running stuns and interrupts he isn’t running a condition build. Hammer, mace, shield = cc but no conditions. That means the damage he is doing wont be coming from his conditions.

If you (for some unknown reason) see a condi build warrior not using sword or longbow just relying on confusion interrupts any small amount of condi removal will keep you clean as he will have nothing to cover his confusion other than vulnerability and maybe some irregular duration cripple and weakness.

And yes I am well aware of the stability issues mesmers have, however mesmers have some of the best survivability stunbreaks and evade abilties in the game and any decent Mesmer will never have an issue against a cc warrior.

in WvW

ukuni.8745

If a warrior is running stuns and interrupts he isn’t running a condition build. Hammer, mace, shield = cc but no conditions. That means the damage he is doing wont be coming from his conditions.

If you (for some unknown reason) see a condi build warrior not using sword or longbow just relying on confusion interrupts any small amount of condi removal will keep you clean as he will have nothing to cover his confusion other than vulnerability and maybe some irregular duration cripple and weakness.

And yes I am well aware of the stability issues mesmers have, however mesmers have some of the best survivability stunbreaks and evade abilties in the game and any decent Mesmer will never have an issue against a cc warrior.

but then again a when he stacks 9 confusion on a interrupt then he dosent really need to go full cc to mass stack confusion does he

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Iavra.8510

When my warrior is finally 80, i’m looking forward to play a Sword/Shield + Mace/Sword interrupt condi build.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

When my warrior is finally 80, i’m looking forward to play a Sword/Shield + Mace/Sword interrupt condi build.

Go Longbow secondary weapon, You don’t need 25 stacks of Confusion, as time you get close to getting them up they’ll be gone.

Sword/Shield though is fine, Esp Shield….That’s an Interrupt that gives you 9 stacks of Confusion with the right setup, or 5 without it (still good) think of it as a Supplemental Rune on damage, not all your damage

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

does it need a nerf?

u are aware though that not all classes have such easy access to stability. on my mesmer i have 1 mantra i could use but that is kind hard to do if u dont run a mantra build. so what stability? guardians and warriors have great stability, but warrior is also the one that can now multi stack confusion and has pretty nice interrupts……

No he’s right, In a zerg with the amount of stability popped and shouts removing conditions this wouldn’t last long…

I mean think if you’re applying 25 stacks of confusion in a zerg, oh wait.. a Necro just transferred it right back to your team.

1v1 Though its powerful.. no doubt.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

No one would use these runes with that setup, I know i’d drop them with a quickness because they’re not comparable to the other Condition Runes.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

How often do you get interrupted to allow the rune to stack confusion? I’d like to try these runes, but I’m not gonna waste money on them when they probably get nerffed.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

This guy did have 25 stcks. I just failed to hit the SS key.

He fell over shortly after that.

Attachments:

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

In a zerg fight these runes hardly matter. Like others have said.

In a 1v1 they can be powerful.

I have tried these runes on my mesmer(very strong), necro(just ok), thief(decent)

They will stay on my mesmer and thief no matter what happens to them. I dropped them on my necro.

I haven’t seen rangers with them and I think they could be strong on a ranger since they have a few interrupts(I’m guessing the pets don’t count for the interrupt to proc since it doesn’t for flesh golem on a necro)

They will probably get nerfed with some icd because people are asking for them. IF it does get nerfed I just hope it doesn’t make them useless. You really have to go all in condi damage to get good damage out of them even if you can stack 25 stacks of confusion on someone the damage isn’t a huge threat if you don’t have the condition damage investment.

So in the end it really comes down to how much small group and 1v1’s matter in regards to balance.

With that said these runes of a 6th piece bonus that is good and other runes should have these kinds of bonuses. Proccing on heal is meh like the torment rune gives you great duration but using your heal for 2 stacks is meh. I know engis could stack it up before with med kit so they put a icd on it. Engis also probably went condi on it.

Anyways this will probably get nerfed just because people are asking for it.

Do I personally think they are broken or OP? On any other class besides a mesmer I feel they are fine. On a mesmer they are strong in a 1v1 very strong no lie. Outside of that in a 1vX scenario to get alot of stacks you would need imbued diversion trait, and multiple people to stand in your chaos storm to get 25 stacks on multiple people.

I don’t know much about a guardian but really a guardian could lay down a line of warding, a ring of warding and if he is fighting a bad player spamming skills trying to get out of the ring or through the line hypothetically stack 25 stacks of confusion. Just because its possible doesn’t make it OP.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Love how the Torment rune got hotfixed because certain Engineers could stack it up pretty high. Altough by stacking it they were litterally not doing anything else (other conditions, damage, defense). But this is still going strong.

I also love how when Confusion wasnt nerfed, 10 stacks got people blaring bloody murder for a nerf. Even tough it wasnt even easy to get.
But now that Warriors can stack 25 easily and keep it there, suddenly its fine. Besides the damage, the CCs apparently even more Confusion damage then people were eating pre-Nerf is A-OK.

And best of all, they use the same arguments against a nerf on the rune set now that people used against the confusion nerf months ago. The exact same arguments.

Go on Anet, hotfix this aswell.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Honestly people, even when I was in large 40v40 fights, I was NEVER getting more than 4-5 stacks of confusion.

All of these people saying warriors CAN get 25 stacks need to go out and see how often it ACTUALLY happens in WvW…I didn’t experience any of the doomsday scenarios people are talk about even when in very large fights…

In theory, mesmers can still stack 25 stacks of confusion. Heck, I used to be able to do that when I ran a full confusion build. But how often did it actually happen? Rarely. If the person did 1 dodge at the right time, it was back to 0, etc…

During the entire reset night, I didn’t hear anyone on my server saying they were insta-dying from 25 stacks of confusion that were continually on them, etc…I think this is just like the old glamour mesmer threads: all doomsday, very little evidence that the doomsday stuff happens on a semi-frequent basis, and even more doomsday. The runes need some tweaking, but they’re new, therefore people PANIC! But remember, DON’T PANIC, and ADJUST

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Honestly people, even when I was in large 40v40 fights, I was NEVER getting more than 4-5 stacks of confusion.

All of these people saying warriors CAN get 25 stacks need to go out and see how often it ACTUALLY happens in WvW…I didn’t experience any of the doomsday scenarios people are talk about even when in very large fights…

In theory, mesmers can still stack 25 stacks of confusion. Heck, I used to be able to do that when I ran a full confusion build. But how often did it actually happen? Rarely. If the person did 1 dodge at the right time, it was back to 0, etc…

During the entire reset night, I didn’t hear anyone on my server saying they were insta-dying from 25 stacks of confusion that were continually on them, etc…I think this is just like the old glamour mesmer threads: all doomsday, very little evidence that the doomsday stuff happens on a semi-frequent basis, and even more doomsday. The runes need some tweaking, but they’re new, therefore people PANIC! But remember, DON’T PANIC, and ADJUST

I have 6 AOE interrupt skills on my engineer condition build + 1 single target, and if I roll rampage, I get even more. I don’t know what class you’re playing, but for certain builds and classes it is extremely broken, due purely to the fact that it has no cooldown.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Honestly, a simply ICD on the six-piece bonus would fix it being spammable without completely breaking them.

in WvW

Posted by: Lazarou.3745

Lazarou.3745

Condition already got overnerfed… stop trying to nerf it harder… Back off…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

My prediction/fear: Instead of nerfing the rune, Anet will nerf confusion!

in WvW

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Condition already got overnerfed… stop trying to nerf it harder… Back off…

Applying an ICD to the rune’s 6-piece bonus isn’t a nerf to confusion. In small-scale combat, there really won’t be any difference, assuming the ICD is kept low. It will simply prevent AoE interrupts from applying mass confusion, which is really the only issue I see.

Also, any player who allows themselves to die to these runes 1v1 either needs to cleanse more or needs to review the mechanics of how confusion works (i.e. stop attacking for a bit). Stacking one condition, regardless of what it is, will not work against a player who has reliable condition removal.

in WvW

Iavra.8510

It’s not only the frequence in which the #6 bonus can be applied, it’s the duration too. 10s base is way too high compared to any other source of confusion in the game (especially mesmers, which are supposed to be the masters of confusion and are laughable compared to this).

in WvW

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way.

The rune is not the entire problem. Or even the biggest problem by itself.

It’s the specific class’s that have the skills and traits to abuse the 6th ability, and builds for those class’s that can have a lot of condition damage while still maintaining the ability to abuse the 6th ability more so than other class’s

However seeing as it’s very idiotic to try and balance all the class’s around the rune this gets very complicated. And by balance I of course mean balancing the amount of interrupts that class’s have. Which is very hard to do.

In actuality this rune shines only on a high condition damage build on a specific class than can interrupt moderately well.

It does not for a example shine spectacularly on a builds that is zerker. The reason for this is that the amount of damage from the confusion is not nearly as high as a condition damage build. And any decent amount of damage is only from a high amount of stacks. Which is the sole result of skilled play (depending on class of course)

The rune is very good. However
" not because of the amount of stacks. Because of the duration."
You can have 25 stacks of confusion. But if it lasts only tenth a second. It’s not very good now is it?
As of right now the specs of the rune are
3 stacks every 15 seconds for 10 seconds duration
And then a additional 5 stacks for each interrupt for 10 seconds duration
And a addition 30% condition duration. For a actual 13 second duration each.

Usually a average person using this skill with the right build on the right class can get around 5-8 stacks in a quick burst around the start of the fight. Then after than around 3 stacks every once in a while. Believe it or not. This amount of confusion is only decent on a full blown condition damage build. Anything other than that it is not noticeable. Unless the target Is spamming.

However because the duration Is so high it gives the user of the rune a window of 10 seconds To interrupt again and thus increase the stacks to around 13-15 stacks.

So essentially by nerfing the duration you will also be “reducing the window that a person can chain interrupts and still increase the amount of confusion stacks”

But also by nerfing the duration you will be " giving the person being attacked a shorter time of being reclined in skill use and essentially reduce the pressure that the confusion this rune inflicts with its duration."

So my answer to how the perplexity rune should be nerfed is:

To nerf the duration so it is around 5 seconds and replace the duration giving bonus’s with something else.

The reason is
1) to reduce the window in which the user can chain interrupts and those reduce the amount of burst damage than the rune can do if the #6 effect is abused

And
2) to allow the person being attacked a shorter time of being reclined in skill use and essentially elevate the pressure that the confusion this rune inflicts.

With this nerf. The rune will not be nearly as effective as it used to. But will still allow it to be viable for high condition damage, and high interrupting class’s.

However a lot of things need to be balanced with this rune being in the game. Particularly other confusion sources that class’s have AND their durations.

For a example Mesmer should have the same trait that warrior has only more stacks and a longer duration.

I would think that Mesmer should have far more duration in their confusion inflicting traits in order to allow Mesmer to be feared for its confusion duration more than any other class with perplexity. and not because it uses perplexity!!!!!

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I would think that Mesmer should have far more duration in their confusion inflicting traits in order to allow Mesmer to be feared for its confusion duration more than any other class with perplexity. and not because it uses perplexity!!!!!

lol.

Perplexity, +40% condi duration food, +33% confusion duration trait.

hai friends 100% duration

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

^ so you die by just standing? o snaaaap

because this is a bigger issue in smaller scale fights and duels, not in zerg battles.

an ICD should just be added on perplex 6.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. [nerf confusion duration]

Nerfed duration promotes more skillless random interrupt/stun spamming. Definitely the wrong way to do it. It should be able to complement classes with a few ‘skill shot’ interrupts (as it currently does) but should not be allowing over-abuse by interrupt spamming classes that are defining their builds by this rune set. That suggests something is broken in balance.

ICD is the simplest fix and it’s the right way in terms of rewarding skilled use of limited interrupts over massive spamming of cheese-rupts.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Are you guys sure the problem isn’t that everybody wants to run glass cannon builds. So they don’t go for utilites heals and traits that remove that stack of confusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Ask yourself, are there any other rune sets that entirely dictate the rest of a build. In what other situation do you start with the runes and then build the character around it, instead of building the character and complimenting with runes?

That alone is proof there’s something wrong with them. Perplexity isn’t a rune-set, it’s an entire profession in itself.

Are there any other runesets where within 2 seconds of engaging you know the enemy is running them?

The issue is not whether Perplexity can be beaten. Of course it can be, bad players are still bad, good players are still good. The issue is that they are far superior to any other rune-set.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Are you guys sure the problem isn’t that everybody wants to run glass cannon builds. So they don’t go for utilites heals and traits that remove that stack of confusion.

Wat? On my ele, GC zerker has much more success against these builds than tanky. Some close fights but I beat 3/3 perplexity roamers I saw yesterday and have heavy condition removal regardless…

The issue is not that they can’t be beaten. It’s that the rune is extremely powerful on any condition build with at least 1 interrupt. On condition builds with 2+ interrupts or stuns, there are really no other good alternatives. So either all the other condition runes are underpowered or else Perplexity is overpowered.

edit: just noticed the post above mine said the exact same thing lol.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

does it need a nerf?

I completely agree

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

ukuni.8745

perplexity I think starts to lose its touch the better the player is, on perplexity runes them self, more interrupts is what makes it better for some classes, give it am icd then every class is equal, reduce the duration so people who want to stack confusion are using it augment there confusion burst rather then stack up way to much and forcing people to aimlessly run around till there Condi cleanse is back up, alternatively people can plan there interrupts to help maintain a steady amount of confusion stacks are applied rather then the current spam to win.

also no other Condi runes apply conditions on attack, but give conditions when receiveing damage or a buff to inflict some form of damage, perhaps it wouldnt be a bad idear to turn the runes on them self and make it like 5 % chance to inflict confuseion on attacker or inflict 5 stacks of confusion to foe that interrupts you, perhaps even when you do something like heal or use an elite you gain a buff that inflicts confusion on next attack.

either way they need a nerf.

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Chaos.3579

Ok first off. Read these 2 things before you reply
1) it needs a nerf. Duh! But not for reasons you might think

2) in my opinion this type of rune should have never been added to the game AT all. And should BE REMOVED
This single small rune has started such a huge amount of balancing problems with high condition damage builds with a moderate amount of interrupt potential. Thus it would be simpler and far more fair for everyone to remove it.

Anet I think really does not communicate enough with us- the players. The perplexity unhappy surprise bomb at the queens gauntlet is proof enough of that. I think they should consult with us-The players. before adding anything pvp combat changing to the game like this.

What should be done if nerfed is
1) reduce the inflicted confusion base duration to around 5 seconds.

This reduces the opening that the user of perplexity can increase the amount of stacks.
(y’all get that? By reducing the duration you are actually reducing the amount of confusion stacks. How? By reducing the window that allows them to stack the confusion to a high degree before the duration ends)

AND it reduces the amount of time that the opponent being attacked is withdrawn from regular skill use. Before it was around 13 seconds. With this it would be around 6 seconds.

AND it will actually reduce the amount of damage you will take overall after the entire confusion duration by around 50% if the duration is cut in half like I said it should.
Those are the biggest 3 problems solved while still allowing the rune to be useful.

2) if. and only IF it is given a cool down on the 6th ability. That cool down should not be more than 2 seconds. Assuming that it is combined with a duration nerf!
I would have it at 1 second in combination with a 5 second base confusion duration. Giving a 4 second window to stack 10 or more stacks of confusion for 4-1 second with interrupts

Reason?

Because a interrupt is not completely controlled by the person using perplexity. It is a combination of the targets actions and the users actions.
“Perplexity will not work if the target is not casting at the time of the cc. regardless how many cc’s the user uses on the target.”

Granted some specific class’s and specific builds have access to a lot cc. And that does give them a advantage. Though not as much as you have given them credit for.

a interrupt is entirely your fault if you are the one being interrupted Especially if more than once in 1-5 second period.

From what I have read and seen everyone is simply not trying to prevent themselves from being interrupted. Nor have even considered the idea that the confusion is in actuality directly related to how they are playing more so than their opponent. and just cast their spells one after another without thinking of the possibility that their skills may be interrupted.

There are many ways to prevent someone from interrupting you. Stability is the biggest and most obvious option.
However the most useful tool is knowing what to cast in a priority of hardest skills to interrupt to the easiest skills to interrupt. Depending on what you know about your opponent and his current and possible future actions regarding cc.

For a example when I fight a off hand pistol perplexity theif. And they spam the head shot (#4 skill.) , and interrupt me once. I don’t cast for a small period of time and tank their cc WITHOUT casting skills until they are done spamming their cc’s. And if I do use a skill during that time when I am being cc’ed or about to be cc’ed or the potential of being cc’ed. Those skill(s) are only insta casted skills or short-cast-time very-hard to interrupt skills.

Guess what? I don’t get interrupted a lot. Even with opponents that have a lot of cc(thief,engie,warrior, Mesmer) and that is simply from actually taking in to account what my opponent is doing instead of only what I am doing.
Granted I do sometimes get interrupted from instant cc or from a cc I did not see coming. However for the most part I am not interrupted from the very obvious cc’s.

In truth this rune rewards interrupts not cc. Granted more cc = more possible interrupts. But in actuality interrupts is simply = cc + opponent casting a interruptible skill.

in WvW

Chaos.3579

If your stand is that the rune #6 should be nerfed so that every class can use it moderately equally then I think you should look at rune of lyssa. Class’s cannot compete with the low cool down timers of theif with that rune (heal 15 sec,elite 45 sec) should Lyssa rune also have a cool down timer on its skills so as to make it more fair for other class’s? (heal 30 sec cool down, elite 90 second)

Perplexity rewards interrupts . And that means that class’s or builds with a lot of cc’s have a advantage against those that do not.
Just as Lyssa runes rewards class’s and builds with shorter cool downs than most.
There are many more examples. Although the point I am trying to get across is that some runes should not be just as viable with every class. If this is not the case then a lot of the runes need to be gone over.
To be honest the only problem I have had is the runes of perplexity’s duration. Something I think you have not given enough credit to the number of stacks and the ability to shut down the targets skill use.

When I play I am always considering the potential of a interrupt if I use a skill, and what I can do to minimize that interrupt potential. In short i play smart instead of reckless in regards to preventing interrupts
Perplexity has never bothered me by having 10 stacks of confusion coming out of nowhere because I am very rarely interrupted, and even more rarely interrupted twice in a row. The only bad part about perplexity is that when the confusion is applied. It stays for a very long time. Mesmers can get the perplexity duration to 20 seconds. This is not a problem if you use your condition removal fast when it reaches a certain number of stacks. But eventually you will run out of condition removal and because it stays for a very long time the idea of waiting it out is suicide.

I would think that all the rune of perplexity needs is a duration nerf by 50%.
You can prevent the high amount of stacks by playing smarter in regards to being interrupted

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

If your stand is that the rune #6 should be nerfed so that every class can use it moderately equally then I think you should look at rune of lyssa. Class’s cannot compete with the low cool down timers of theif with that rune (heal 15 sec,elite 45 sec) should Lyssa rune also have a cool down timer on its skills so as to make it more fair for other class’s? (heal 30 sec cool down, elite 90 second)

Yes.

Just like how they give an cooldown to bleed procs from Sigil of Earth because fast-hitting attacks would benefit more from it. Or how weaponswap sigils/procs have a cooldown because Engineer/Elementalist have lower cooldowns on their swap. Or how on-heal procs have a cooldown because Engineer can swap medkit every 3seconds and proc it.

We are already doing that, but for some reason went ahead and left a few exceptions. Perplexity being one of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Just put a 20 second internal cooldown on the interrupt portion of the set.

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Perplexity confusion duration (not the buff, the duration on the stacks) is way too long (over double the duration of class confusions skills)

Perplexity stacks have no cooldown, given their power and duration this is ridiculous.

So:

• Reduce perplexity confusion stack duration from 10sec > 5sec. (brings duration in line with other confusion skill).
  • Force cooldown on confusion stacks, 20+ seconds. (longer than similar “on hit” effects due to being vastly more powerful).