increase rate of reward track progress plz

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Anet, please increase the rate of reward track progress from 195 points/5 minutes to 250 points/5 minutes. The reason why I’m making this request is because on average, finishing a reward track in WvW takes about 8.5 hours roughly to complete when ticking at +195 every 5 minutes (not taking into consideration any sources of extra reward track progress or consumables from WvW daily chests). Compared to that, PvP reward tracks can be completed in roughly about 6.67 hours if your win rate is like 50% and your average match length comes out to about 10 min/match (also not taking into consideration any sources of extra reward track gain or consumables from PvP daily chests). So I think if you increase the WvW reward track progress from 195 to 250 points/5 minutes, it’ll normalize the speed at which reward tracks can be completed in both game modes.

A counterargument that I can think of for this request is that in WvW, you get rewards from killing enemy players and from capturing objectives and from ranking up (which I believe happens much more quickly than in PvP). So that’s the reason why it takes longer to complete a reward track in WvW. But first of all, I don’t think the rewards from those other sources in WvW justify the +1.5 hours difference in completing a reward track in WvW as opposed to PvP (barring the rare occasion you get an ascended trinket or armor/weapon box). Second, I think that instead of making it take longer to complete a reward track in WvW, people in PvP should get extra loot bags for killing players, decapping/capping nodes, completing secondary map objectives, etc. to further normalize/balance loot gain in both PvP and WvW, and also to give PvP players more loot from outside the reward track.

This way, whether you enjoy primarily playing PvP or WvW (or maybe you like both equally), you’ll get roughly the same amount of rewards either way. Anyway, that’s my request. Thnx.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Well in WvW you also get other loot/drops.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

8.5h is actually a very short time already -.-" and that deppends on how fast ur server ktrains stuff… when your server can only ktrain 1h and its a rare sight…and u have the outmaned alert on top of your bar….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)