kinda of a rant/ need ideas on what to do

in WvW

Posted by: mrjediconsular.4396

mrjediconsular.4396

so since the last big class balance patch I’ve felt like i’m completely useless in everything wvw, now i play the tanky frontliner builds with every class but it seems like i get melted faster then the squishies and i cant heal or do anything faster then all the damage is coming no matter what, the heals from the others help a little but i’m starting to hate coming back to wvw. i’m in T2 any help would be appreciated

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

so since the last big class balance patch I’ve felt like i’m completely useless in everything wvw, now i play the tanky frontliner builds with every class but it seems like i get melted faster then the squishies and i cant heal or do anything faster then all the damage is coming no matter what, the heals from the others help a little but i’m starting to hate coming back to wvw. i’m in T2 any help would be appreciated

You should post your builds, and a video…much eadier to help then

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

You’re not alone. One of my best buddies in WvW is a fellow defender who runs a core Guardian and they don’t play nearly as much anymore because they don’t stand a chance against elite classes. Core Guard just gets melted. Guardian was my first class and I love it, but it’s nearly useless now. Maybe in zergs you can live long enough, but in small scale roaming, scouting and defending? It’s an uphill battle like never before.

The HoT power creep has invalidated a lot of classes and a lot of builds.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

The HoT powercreep removed more viable builds than it added, with everyone now having to have the new trait line to be competitive. This makes me sad. Even sadder is a condi warrior/guardian is far more dangerous than a damage warrior/guardian.

When your melee classes are running condi builds you know the game is out of balance.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I used to run almost full tank prior to HoT since my job was not to die. Soon after, I switched to off-tank because there was just no way to survive the new damage levels. Also, even in a camp full of guards, the new elite specs were only mildly annoyed by our combined damage.

I would not bother doing anything on a tank guardian except maybe zerging. Roaming is for burn guards and dragon hunters.

in WvW

Posted by: mrjediconsular.4396

mrjediconsular.4396

the ony build i can run kind of okay with is my engi fronline but if get stripped of my stability i’m doomed, i would like to switch to condi gear but i dont have the gold right now and i have my frontliner build problem so its hard to make any, here is the build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqencoC1ahdpCGYBsehl7ii+0b9aHsBfwAQ8g+hOE-TFTDABRpsoKlC+rGAAnQAMeQAFYCKE9EEpEjATM/s/QEKBhR1HA-w

(edited by mrjediconsular.4396)

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

The HoT powercreep removed more viable builds than it added, with everyone now having to have the new trait line to be competitive. This makes me sad. Even sadder is a condi warrior/guardian is far more dangerous than a damage warrior/guardian.

When your melee classes are running condi builds you know the game is out of balance.

Ha! Absolutely. As warrior, I don’t usually run power builds because they’re easily negated. Conditions are just better since they melt people overtime.