large guild looking to move

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Do tell us where you eventually moved to :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

They didn’t moved yet… KWBH current still at Eredon Terrace.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Everytime Sorrow’s Furnace ask for someone from T8 to transfer there I see that image:

Attachments:

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I think t6&7 has gained some stability and doesn’t really need a big guild to tilt them off.

T5 is where it’s really outmatched right now. BP and AR are outmanned anytime EB decides to push one map. BP & AR can’t really get a zerg greater than 30 or so except reset night simply because there isn’t that many of them. Most of the time the “big” zerg is only about 20 people large. So when EB pushes with a map queue, there’s nothing to stop them. Because of this, EB will likely move up a tier, but CD or SI that’s going to drop down from T4 is going to be exactly the same. They’ll still out number BP or AR.

If AR is out of the OP’s list, I really think BP’s pretty much the only option left.

Considering AR has just lost a bunch of people to the other servers in the tier (again people, WTF are you thinking, do you think it’s going to change anything if you go to another server in the same tier!?), I think they REALLY need the transfer more than anybody else in our tier.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

unfortunately the time difference and pvdoor that lower tier EU servers give NA players won’t bring many of our players enjoyment … combine those with the latency issues and it’s a tough sell…

I mean sure, we could make a huge difference turning the maps one color while everyone’s asleep, but will we have fun doing it? probably not

The shoe being on the other foot, if any larger guild from EU decided to head to the lowest tier of the NA match up they would undoubtedly bring that server up a tier, but they would meet with little or no resistance and just attack mostly empty forts

Unfortunately in the tier we are in now we need the night presence to fight the tier aboves night presence :P the tier above has full night last time we played while the one i’m on now is about 15-30 man zergs on each border?

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Just trying to be practical because that is the only thing I’d concern if I were to move.

So you don’t care if the community where you moving are a bunch of kitten?

Actually, I wouldn’t have considered moving at the first place. When we first buy the game, We all just pick a random server with a name tag and the servers are all equal. Why should we spend extra money moving? If you have to move, there has be some reasons behind.

Since there are questings, pve shouldn’t matter what server you reside to do your normal pve things. Having trouble playing low population on group events? Fine just guest to other servers. Want to join some good guilds? Just spam map chat and ask around. There is got to be good builds in every server.

The only reason I can think of that might encourage people to move is the WvW. You either want to join/play/coordinate with some specific guild, or you want to fight against some specific guild (which you can join one of thier 2 opponents in that tier). If doing so is so important enough for you to consider transfer, the transfer fee is all you need to worry. I don’t know what kittens are, but every server must have them. One should never focus on trivial things other than the goal.

in WvW

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

And if you read their list you would see blackgate is on it…not dragonbrand

Just for your information that list is outdated.

I’ve talked to Sniffy two days ago and we have a meeting set up with him. In other news not to start “flaming” but…..after reading the T1 match up thread it is apparently being said that Blackgate reached “full” status for the first time about an hour or two ago.

So that means now we have 2 “full” servers :-)

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Actually, I wouldn’t have considered moving at the first place. When we first buy the game, We all just pick a random server with a name tag and the servers are all equal. Why should we spend extra money moving? If you have to move, there has be some reasons behind.

Since there are questings, pve shouldn’t matter what server you reside to do your normal pve things. Having trouble playing low population on group events? Fine just guest to other servers. Want to join some good guilds? Just spam map chat and ask around. There is got to be good builds in every server.

The only reasons I can think of that might encourage people to move is the WvW. You either want to join/play/coordinate with some specific guild, or you want to fight against some specific guild (which you can join one of thier 2 opponents in that tier). If doing so is so important enough for you to consider transfer, the transfer fee is all you need to worry. I don’t know what kittens are, but every server must have them. One should never focus on trivial things other than the goal.

The only reason I could see for anyone move out of a server are:

1. They care a lot about scaring and want to play in a competitive high tier.
  2. They want to make a difference in the server they move.
  3. They are unhappy with the community.

I don’t think no1 is the reason here, as it is show that KWBH doesn’t really have interest in moving to the high tier of Coverage Wars. Also they would have moved sooner without thinking too much if that was the case.

As for no2, I don’t see why would that be the reason… KWBH right now reside on ET, the 24th server on the rank. Which mean the server that have less people to fight on the coverage wars… Any single extra player would make a difference there more than in any server above it. So if that’s the reason, its not being logical…

However, for no3, we really do have problems. Each server community is different, since all of’em are composed from different people. Its not fun having to face drama or feel unwelcomed in the server you are playing so, if no3 is the reason, a research about the community of the server would make necessary… And that take time, to talk with different people from each different server (even more due the limitation of only 2 guests per 24h).

But as i could read on your post, you don’t really care about the other people on your server… You’re likely either one of those players that think they are superior to anyone, and just play as a lone wolf, or you restrict yourself to only your friends/guild, not caring about the social part of a MMORPG which is actually interacting with other people outside your regular social circle. And knowing that WvW is a style of play that actually involve a large part of a server population, social interaction is a important thing, as it will make people likely help you to achiev your goals.

Right now I belive that no3 is the actual reason. I actually not really happy with Eredon Terrace community aswell… I’ve been away for 2 weeks, and aparently drama took over during that time. Also there are people that are keeping themselves distant from the rest of the community and I’m afraid that these people will likely move out of the server aswell like other already did. I’m almost sure ET will crumble after KWBH leave and will no longer be an enjoyable WvW environment (thus making even more people leave it).

Anyway if they want to leave. I’ll respect their decision as they clearly have a reason to do so, and didn’t just moved away because they suddenly “got bored” from the server.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

You guys can consider KN. At least, as far as I know, KN has good ASIA Time, but crippled in EU/NA time (major NA guilds transfer to mostly BG). In addition if you transfer to KN, you will not blow up match in T4 or T5 (maybe if they drop to T4, there will be blow up in 1 – 2 weeks).

ps: I am not from KN, but I know this major guild transfer will cripple KN NA coverage (KN always lack NA coverage, that is why BG, TC, FA can beat KN easily in tier 2).

You may also want to consider Mag/YB (they said they only have ASIA prime time).

For T1: JQ
T2: none come to mind
T3: all worlds in that tier (KN,MAG,YB) >>> your best bet
T7&T8: dont bother (your move will cripple ET for sure)
T4-T6: you may ask not a SoS, EBay, DH.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

@ All those above who doesn’t read the OP’s information: HE WANTS A LOW TIER SERVER.
They don’t want FA, they don’t want JQ, they don’t want KN.
I’d say anything under SBI is good for your guild to transfer to, ignore these people who want you to come to the high tier servers, your guild doesn’t want to go there. Send a few people on CD, SBI and EB, all are different timezone servers and are in the middle, and need a boost where they are at.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

1. They are unhappy with the community.

However, for no3, we really do have problems. Each server community is different, since all of’em are composed from different people. Its not fun having to face drama or feel unwelcomed in the server you are playing so, if no3 is the reason, a research about the community of the server would make necessary…

Look, I know you think that by moving server this problem will go away but it really won’t, at least not for long. People always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Everytime Sorrow’s Furnace ask for someone from T8 to transfer there I see that image:

You stealing my line brother, I even said it in my first post.

SF welcomes all transfers with open arms, oceanics get cookies, but NAs are well-loved too.

If for some reason FSAE ever decides to move (hopefully not, I want to see ET prosper) give me a shout, I would love to have my former Mend brothers and sisters to WvW with again.

Tell Tarkis I said wut up.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

FA has good queues, tier 2, opponents that will apparently GvG against you if you’re into that sort of thing, and a WvW community that tends to give everyone the benefit of the doubt unless they turn into jerks.

TC is also a good location for the time being; they’ve lost a lot of pop.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Yeah I saw that. And I’ve even received an invitation to the dark side aswell (From another person)…

Look, I know you think that by moving server this problem will go away but it really won’t, at least not for long. People always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

You will never know if you never go outside of the fence…

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Yeah I saw that. And I’ve even received an invitation to the dark side aswell (From another person)…

Well like I said, if you ever get the itch….I know there was some initial hesitation on my part before I came over, but the people on SF were super cool to me.

SF is home to me now, (win or lose), I just wish I had my friends still left on ET over here, as I know they would love it here too. The thing no one ever understood about SF is that it is really a PVE server, I say that because of our WvW history people automatically assume we are WvW-oriented. But once you realize the PVE-aspect, you start to see that we truly have a ton of people over here. Our WvW population is really only a smaller portion (1/3 at most) of our total people.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

SF is home to me now, (win or lose), I just wish I had my friends still left on ET over here, as I know they would love it here too. The thing no one ever understood about SF is that it is really a PVE server, I say that because of our WvW history people automatically assume we are WvW-oriented. But once you realize the PVE-aspect, you start to see that we truly have a ton of people over here. Our WvW population is really only a smaller portion (1/3 at most) of our total people.

Are you trying to tempt WvWers to transfer over for PvE? The mind boggles.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Are you trying to tempt WvWers to transfer over for PvE? The mind boggles.

Ha not at all, just saying that in the past the misconception about SF (including my own misconception at one point), is/was that we were a WvW server. Not that we are not, cause we sure have some folks, just that we have more people in PVE.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Ha not at all, just saying that in the past the misconception about SF (including my own misconception at one point), is/was that we were a WvW server. Not that we are not, cause we sure have some folks, just that we have more people in PVE.

I think that stands true for the majority of servers in the lower tiers.

I know that DH’s population is a majority PvE. Honestly, I dont think that in overall server population that the tiers are all that much different. Where the difference comes in is specifically WvW participation. Meaning, I think most servers have roughly the same population, but drastically different percentages take part in WvW.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Ideally it would be cool to see a guild like that move to AR or BP and then focus on giving Ebay a fight they’ve been really wanting. But in reality what would happen is if the guild went to BP, they’d just focus and stomp AR. Or vice versa if they went to AR. Ebay still wouldn’t get the fight they want out of that tier.

AR and BP are the Guild Wars 2 equivalent the Hatfields and McCoy’s – they’ve got a long history. A big guild transfer would effect THAT war more than anything.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Considering AR has just lost a bunch of people to the other servers in the tier (again people, WTF are you thinking, do you think it’s going to change anything if you go to another server in the same tier!?), I think they REALLY need the transfer more than anybody else in our tier.

AR is already strong during NA Prime and have little coverage outside of that time. I wouldn’t transfer a medium/large guild over to a server with a fairly limited WvW effective play time. BP has better coverage. BP is weaker during NA Prime but mostly from the lack of organized guilds. It could be Ebay’s equal with one or two solid NA Prime guilds.

It would be our equal right now if all your players got organized and got more skill and strategy. Because right now…I’m sorry to say, but the joke in EB is that you guys couldn’t strategize your way out of a paper bag. We expect 0 strategy from you guys at this point…whereas with AR we expect quite a lot of strategy, and they just need the numbers buffed to be a direct threat to us (which we want).

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

We’ve pretty much narrowed it down to one or two servers. Going to let any server that wants to contact us do so via pming me via forum mail so we can set up a meeting on ts or whatever your guild / server uses to give any final reasons why we’d make the best fit for your server as well as what your server can do for us. Hopefully by next Tues (21st), we’ll be trickling into our new home and making a real impact on their wvw and server. Thanks for all the well-wishes and comments, everyone has been incredibly helpful and I really appreciate all of it.

Let’s let this thread die until the 21st

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

I hope you guys find the server you plan on going to!

[hS]

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

I think that stands true for the majority of servers in the lower tiers.

I know that DH’s population is a majority PvE. Honestly, I dont think that in overall server population that the tiers are all that much different. Where the difference comes in is specifically WvW participation. Meaning, I think most servers have roughly the same population, but drastically different percentages take part in WvW.

Yep I kinda think that as well.

Also good luck Smiling, wherever you guys end up!

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Good luck with whoever you choose!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

We’ve pretty much narrowed it down to one or two servers. Going to let any server that wants to contact us do so via pming me via forum mail so we can set up a meeting on ts or whatever your guild / server uses to give any final reasons why we’d make the best fit for your server as well as what your server can do for us. Hopefully by next Tues (21st), we’ll be trickling into our new home and making a real impact on their wvw and server. Thanks for all the well-wishes and comments, everyone has been incredibly helpful and I really appreciate all of it.

Let’s let this thread die until the 21st

so out of curiosity where did you guys end up?

Hi

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

They went to crystal desert. It’s been great fun fighting them so far. They bring new ideas and out of the box thinking that this tier needs.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.