let the enemy W3 players be able to see our /s

in WvW

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

I miss the days of trashtalking, 1v1 duel’s, friendly 20vs20 guild fights and others things.

Its hard to set up any events when you cant speak to the enemy.

I know that the server spying and other things are prob the reason why Anet decided to not allow us to speak to the enemy.

But I just feel the good outweights the bad when it comes to chatting with the enemy.

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

It should be just one more option…Say to All or something like that. I 100% agree with this…not so much for trash talk but I’d like to say to the other side…hey the top guys are crushing us, lets join up for a day. Or “gg” or “hey I’m not going to kill you…keep going your way”…and then if he doesn’t and I have to kill him I can say “now did we learn anything today?”…etc…it would make WvW twice as good imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

i’ve been using the /me command to speak to people, although not ideal it works and is pretty much the same

in WvW

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

Can you elaborate on that? My noobness must be showing.

in WvW

Syn.3459

/me is used for doing your own emotes and as you may (or may not) know the enemy can see any emote you can do, so just add anything after it and it comes out in the emote style text

“servername invader <text>” is what it shows as

(edited by Syn.3459)

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

Ranc: “I know that the server spying and other things are prob the reason why Anet decided to not allow us to speak to the enemy.”

No. That’s not the reason. The reason why you can’t speak to the enemy is so that people who grew up in the jungle or in the street, and thus have no manners nor civilization values, cannot trash talk polite cultured and noble enemy players.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Ranc: “I know that the server spying and other things are prob the reason why Anet decided to not allow us to speak to the enemy.”

No. That’s not the reason. The reason why you can’t speak to the enemy is so that people who grew up in the jungle or in the street, and thus have no manners nor civilization values, cannot trash talk polite cultured and noble enemy players.

Iggy Iggy Iggy

in WvW

Posted by: toffin.5032

toffin.5032

Actually, I would say the reason why they don’t allow you to talk to the enemy is because of the rules of conduct.

http://guildwars2.com/en-gb/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/
See #1

If you were to trash talk someone, that person can come back and report you and say you were harassing them. Especially in W3…

Asuran CM~Bulldog~ Guild: Slackers Incorporated [INC] Back from a 3 year hiatus!
Server: Jade Quarry | Recruitment: Open

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

/me is used for doing your own emotes and as you may (or may not) know the enemy can see any emote you can do, so just add anything after it and it comes out in the emote style text

/me emotes don’t work unless they’ve recently changed it. All the enemy sees is “Servername invader gestures.”

That’s it.

I once had an enemy desperately tried to communicate with me using /me to no avail.

in WvW

Posted by: mOOnRaBBiT.8913

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

/me emotes don’t work unless they’ve recently changed it. All the enemy sees is “Servername invader gestures.”

That’s it.

I once had an enemy desperately tried to communicate with me using /me to no avail.

maybe it work somewhere in time, it may have work before but not now or it might be working now but not before.

all i know is that i’ve read somewhere in this forum before, about people complaining against their opponents trash talking using /me /emote.

(edited by mOOnRaBBiT.8913)

in WvW

Syn.3459

That’s it.

well that’s made me look silly, i just assumed it would work like the emotes but haven’t tested.. really disappointed that it doesn’t

in WvW

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

Well I dont really get how you can grief a enemy player in /s

Im not asking them to be able to whisper enemy player’s, then you would be able to grief alot of people.

But you can only hear /s if your close to each other, so if a enemy player is trying to grief you (cuss you), then while he is typeing you can bash hes head in with your sword

I dont mind trash talking, I dont do it, but i have to admit I laugh my kittin off in other games, where you beat someone 1v1, then he brings a friend and beats you 2v1 then laughs at you or types “owned?”. lol

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Thorus Balthazar.4730

Thorus Balthazar.4730

You guys are fantasizing if you think their wont be WvW trash talk if they open up the chat. hell, i already see enough intraworld trash talk between members of my team.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

GW had all-talk, but understand why that feature is removed, sometimes just speaking in all-talk made enemies resign.

Then again, if that feature is assigned, quick packts can be made, and WvWvW would become WvW2.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: aetherseed.5609

aetherseed.5609

Im not asking them to be able to whisper enemy player’s, then you would be able to grief alot of people.

You can already whisper the enemy. Right click on them and click report. From there you can see their account name.

Add that to your contacts and you’re able to trash talk if you really want to.