lolsmallscale

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Edit: the complaint is more about the symptom of the ratio of reapers in wvw. Note the tabing through of 4 different reapers, and only reapers as the pinacle of lolsmallscale.

Can we just delete reapers or something already? I don’t mind dying all night but can it please be to something other than button smashing to crush every thing in 600 aoe? And whats worse is that every reaper knows this is exactly what the class has been reduced to now. I have a reaper as well. This vid shows what small scale comp has been reduced to quite well I think.

https://youtu.be/4M0loqtUQFA

Idk maybe I just need to see what new expansion brings.

(edited by Justine.6351)

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Small scale, large scale, same thing you know. Necros completely rule the meta, even the guardian lootstick is second base. Last time I got corrupted by a zerg I had 20K condi damage a second on me (plus every single other condition). We where like 10 people in garri lord room defending against 50+, I have no idea how they even got that much that fast (I didnt have many boons on me either). It just went pop and dead.

Anet obviously want this. So just give it up. Embrace the condis.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Seems to me that hammer reve needs nerf. That reaper who played better actually did go down.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

so what we viewing here is you are upset you lost to a hard counter of your build?.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

you were 3v1’d it had nothing to do with the other class being a reaper

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

Vid was more about the ratio. I toggle through 4 enemy players, all reapers. The reaper I downed was actually playing power that why he got hit so hard.

Oh and I wasn’t upset, no way do I expect to fight 4 reapers in a small space and walk away. Just disappointed so many players picking up reaper cause it the new bearbow.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

So I guess nobody is gonna complain about OP randomly range executed this one necro with an almost 12k crit from 4sec cd Hammer 2? But sure, reaper is unbalanced because you didnt win the duel

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

it because reaper has second highest bench mark dps for WvW.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

So I guess nobody is gonna complain about OP randomly range executed this one necro with an almost 12k crit from 4sec cd Hammer 2? But sure, reaper is unbalanced because you didnt win the duel

I mean like, wvw is crawling with glass hammer revenants right? Compared to say Condi staff reapers lol.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

I mean like, wvw is crawling with glass hammer revenants right? Compared to say Condi staff reapers lol.

Because thats relevant in case of balancing when you can literally oneshot for a example a thief over range, yeahh

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Can we just delete reapers or something already? I don’t mind dying all night but can it please be to something other than button smashing to crush every thing in 600 aoe? And whats worse is that every reaper knows this is exactly what the class has been reduced to now. I have a reaper as well. This vid shows what small scale comp has been reduced to quite well I think.

It could have been 3-4 of anything and you would have lost… If you want to complain about the meta state, with regard to high individual burst or condi systems or what have you… I get it, but this complaint seems pretty pointless to make. You died… it happens… oh well.

Also, do you really want to nitpick about the strengths of rev in comparison? Heavy armor, double heals, passive boons, access to better mobility skills, heavy hitting attacks from 1,200 range… You obviously downed that necro solo, but really your main issue is that you lost outnumbered… Seems pretty frivolous.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’m not sure that I see a balance problem in this particular video, tbh. Also, as I recall, you run your reverent super glassy with big power spikey, don’t you?

It’s a pretty high risk:high reward way to play.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

It could have been 3-4 of anything and you would have lost… If you want to complain about the meta state, with regard to high individual burst or condi systems or what have you… I get it, but this complaint seems pretty pointless to make. You died… it happens… oh well.

Also, do you really want to nitpick about the strengths of rev in comparison? Heavy armor, double heals, passive boons, access to better mobility skills, heavy hitting attacks from 1,200 range… You obviously downed that necro solo, but really your main issue is that you lost outnumbered… Seems pretty frivolous.

Idk people can’t follow a thread or something so I added edit to main op. The complaint is more about the ratio of reapers in wvw small scale (3-15 group sizes) rather than me dying. I die all the time, idc. I just wish something would be addressed about the elephant in the room.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Idk people can’t follow a thread or something so I added edit to main op. The complaint is more about the ratio of reapers in wvw small scale (3-15 group sizes) rather than me dying. I die all the time, idc. I just wish something would be addressed about the elephant in the room.

Ok, but there are a herd of elephants in this game due to many factors… You could run down a huge list of major issues with this game, so it’s kind of unfair to peg it on 1 profession.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

Ok, but there are a herds of elephants in this game due to many factors… You could run down a huge list of major issues with this game, so it’s kind of unfair to peg it on 1 profession.

It isn’t fair but its the easiest to see. I’m seeing a lot of 5-20 group play that has reapers over the 30% threshold of participation. Any one who has fought STRM&pugs during night time knows what I’m talking about with our often 5-7 reapers in a squad of 15-20. I think its getting worse now and this encounter I had with 4 random reapers would not have happened 6 months ago. What is it going to be like in another 6 months?

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Not seeing a problem, Reaper is popular for many reasons, therefore it stands to reason that there is no shortage of people playing it. Get used to it?

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

Not seeing a problem, Reaper is popular for many reasons, therefore it stands to reason that there is no shortage of people playing it. Get used to it?

Idk,
I project 40% participation will become a more regular sight. Doom and gloom I know but its just what I’m feeling. Reaper like you said is popular for many reasons, it is also the answer to boon meta which recently got nerfed with the stab pulsing nerf sweep. I’m not sure replacing boon meta with reaper meta is going to be to any ones liking.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Can we revert the deathly chill in wvw to be 1 stack?

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Vavume.8065

Idk,
I project 40% participation will become a more regular sight. Doom and gloom I know but its just what I’m feeling. Reaper like you said is popular for many reasons, it is also the answer to boon meta which recently got nerfed with the stab pulsing nerf sweep. I’m not sure replacing boon meta with reaper meta is going to be to any ones liking.

If anything its about 20% now, taking a decent raid into account, often there will be 10 necro. I don’t see it growing beyond that, I think you have dived into the realm of exaggeration pretty heavily tbh.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

Idk,

If anything its about 20% now, taking a decent raid into account, often there will be 10 necro. I don’t see it growing beyond that, I think you have dived into the realm of exaggeration pretty heavily tbh.

I think I said small scale of 5-20 some where, 20% of something = 10 is like a zerg of 50. No one cares what zergs of 50 do and has never been a good judge on healthy class participation. I mean like if there was 1 in 5 as reaper, or 2 in 10 as reaper or 3 in 15 as reaper or 4 in 20 as reaper it would just mean reaper has a spot in the 1:5 ratio for party and sub parties in squad. Its not uncommon to see 2:5, 3:10 5:15 ratios atm. I cant imagine trying to play wvw with a ratio of 3:5, 5:10, 7:15 (strm has this on occasion). I think its pretty naive to call it exaggeration when in the past 6 months its gone from maybe a 1:5 ratio or less to a 3:10 ratio or more. Probably not a coincidence considering thats ~ when deathly chill trait was buffed.

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

20k ticks by the whole 50-man blob or 20k tick by a single player, if single player can you show a screenshot of this and your armour as well

gaem not made for mi
===========

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

Uhhh, what’s wrong here? From the looks of this, you managed to down the necro before other two approached you unawares.

Or are you saying one rev = 3 necros?

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Justine.6351

Uhhh, what’s wrong here? From the looks of this, you managed to down the necro before other two approached you unawares.

CLASS REPRESENTATION RATIO

can I say it any other way?

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I have the urge to make a condi reaper now the second I get home from work

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Seems to me that hammer reve needs nerf. That reaper who played better actually did go down.

hamme rev does stupid damage, im playing one and my only defenses are the heal on legends plus 2 dodges.

on a small groups fight i try to ninja a bit and keep auto is 3k-5k(8k was my max) with the flame sigil from afar its a tons of damage if some one with less than 50% hp comes to me he gets mostly insta killed lol, if the target dont dodge. ofc.

on larger combat i tend to ask to other revs to call their targets so we can eraze the map in that damge zone.

Its nice bulldozer lol…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Husebogs.8341

Husebogs.8341

Condition builds only need to dump points into 1 attribute and the rest can be dumped in toughness and vitality for ultimate wvw survival. You now have the best dps & also best tank easily attainable by everyone with 10g.

But it doesn’t stop there, you don’t even need ascended weapons, your dps scales from the condition dmg attribute and not weapon strength! Another totally awesome feature!

Condition builds are tested ingame and balanced against raid mobs with 50 million health. Now, take those same condition builds into wvw and try those out on those pesky players with 13k health. Instapoofff! How awesome is that?

Alot of condition skills do more dmg than players have as total health in wvw. Take the warrior longbow for example. He just needs to press 1 button, and he can kill 80% of the players if they dont get cleaned.

There is no single noncritting direct dmg skill that can compare with the biggest condition damage skills in numbers. The difference in dmg output is ridiculous.

Condition dmg can often be applied from range and once applied you don’t need “line of sight” for all the damage to be applied. Condition dmg also bypasses all toughness & armor mitigation! When the conditions where updated, they could also crit, this has since been nerfed so it doesn’t crit anymore. Luckily so, because that means we don’t have to stack another attribute to do maximum damage to everything! So totally awesomeness!!

Power builds usually require a line of sight each time it procs a connecting hit.
Plus, will also need points into crit chance and (optionally) crit dmg to do good dps. Thereby the 3 main stackable attributes are taken up to do dmg, so you cannot be a maximum tank like the condition dps competitors can be.

The big question is: Why doesn’t condition dmg also give the player 10g each time they land a stack? Is that a bug?

Whats not to like about condition builds? You dont actually have to be an active combatant now, you can just stand semi afk doing max condition dps. Play it in the background while you play CoD for example. Use your imagination!

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Vavume.8065

No one cares what zergs of 50 do and has never been a good judge on healthy class participation.

You have it backwards, no one cares about smallscale (I can make huge generalizations too) it is all about zergs.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

No one cares what zergs of 50 do and has never been a good judge on healthy class participation.

You have it backwards, no one cares about smallscale (I can make huge generalizations too) it is all about zergs.

Wrong! I care about solo and small scale WvW play. Maybe that’s why I’m not having much fun getting zerged down 40 to 1 when fighting one player (actually decent fight not ganking) and he calls the server over.

Hey ANet look at my account and then look at the server I’m on. Tell me how in the world it’s full? Then tell me how in the world are we still a primary server? We barely have enoth players to fight link let alone T1 coverage servers when even with our links we have bottom tier coverage. Really drains all of the fun out of the game mode and the game.

Missing the days of the fights and decent solo, small scale action.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

lolsmallscale

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Wrong! I care about solo and small scale WvW play. Maybe that’s why I’m not having much fun getting zerged down 40 to 1 when fighting one player (actually decent fight not ganking) and he calls the server over.

Hey ANet look at my account and then look at the server I’m on. Tell me how in the world it’s full? Then tell me how in the world are we still a primary server? We barely have enoth players to fight link let alone T1 coverage servers when even with our links we have bottom tier coverage. Really drains all of the fun out of the game mode and the game.

Missing the days of the fights and decent solo, small scale action.

Im with you dude. Zerg fights r nowhere near as fun as solo smallscale and its ruined.