lolsmallscale2

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The rev in this video managed to down a condi necro 1v1. Condi necro is clearly OP, so rev must be even more op. Please nerf rev.
https://youtu.be/4M0loqtUQFA

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Someone please post a video of a ranger killing a guardian, because thats gonna turn the entire WvW meta upside down and change zerging forever.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

#Bearbow4lyf
15characters

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Rangers are protected. Particularly dual bow rangers.

*cough Gaile cough

L’enfer, c’est les autres

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Rangers are protected. Particularly dual bow rangers.

*cough Gaile cough

maybe that why short bow got buff on thief gaile MVP

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

All I see is a bad player got killed

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

idk what the point of this thread even is,
but its pretty rich of you to observe 8 seconds of play and call me bad after getting +1 by a condi reaper while playing a rev.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I change my mind on making a necro, for the urge to dust off my rev now and gear it up

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

but its pretty rich of you to observe 8 seconds of play and call me bad after getting +1 by a condi reaper while playing a rev.

I made this thread because you claim condi necro is super op and needs a nerf. Then you post a video showing said results. Said video shows you downing the first necro only to be attacked by 2 necros and killed with relative ease. That would happen to anyone, regardless of their skill. Not because condi necro is super op but because you were already half health, 1 heal skill on cooldown and then got jumped by 2 players.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I think it was because of the feeling that if three necros run together in small scale it MUST be because they are OP. Why else would three of the same class run together????

I mean, we all know Guard is super OP because they are the backbone of a well comped Zerg…

More than 10% of one class in any area is OP. Just can’t have that.

In fact… I propose that there is a buff that decreases damage by 95% from any class that composes more than 10% of any group. Even singles.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Justine.6351

I made this thread because you claim condi necro is super op and needs a nerf. Then you post a video showing said results. Said video shows you downing the first necro only to be attacked by 2 necros and killed with relative ease. That would happen to anyone, regardless of their skill. Not because condi necro is super op but because you were already half health, 1 heal skill on cooldown and then got jumped by 2 players.

because you and so many others didnt understand i explain it here too,

there was 4 reapers and of 4 players, that would never have happened 6 months ago. Its an obvious shift in class participation brought on how easy and rewarding reaper is.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well it’s good that there is class for bad players. Condi reaper can’t really beat any good player.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

Op dont see U complaining when u are #1 in dps in a zerg fight and what does 1vs1 have to do with WvW? nothing.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

because you and so many others didnt understand i explain it here too,

there was 4 reapers and of 4 players, that would never have happened 6 months ago. Its an obvious shift in class participation brought on how easy and rewarding reaper is.

Your video doesn’t prove anything except you were outnumbered by multiples of the same class at that specific time period. It does not show an in-depth analysis of your adventures through wvw over X period of time to speculate ratios of played professions.

Also, for the most part, some professions can’t afford to run solo or they will get picked apart easily by classes that have positioning skills… so you will see small groups of them together by necessity or for fun…

You lost, just move on…

Edit- and I’m curious if we would be having this discussion if you were on Thief and stealth stomped that necro, then completely ran away untouched… Like we have all seen the thief profession capable of doing…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Lazeris.1725

Lazeris.1725

I mean despite the OP…..Condi Reaper is really crazy op right now. Not sure how anyone can actually defend that class right now.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Justine.6351

I mean despite the OP…..Condi Reaper is really crazy op right now. Not sure how anyone can actually defend that class right now.

Because they play reapers most likely. Helly is a prolific viper reaper player and he made vids about how obnoxious reaper is atm and people still tell him hes wrong/ reapers deserve this meta blahblahblah. Not even someone who is an expert on reaper can tell the masses that reaper is rediculous in wvw.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Because they play reapers most likely. Helly is a prolific viper reaper player and he made vids about how obnoxious reaper is atm and people still tell him hes wrong/ reapers deserve this meta blahblahblah. Not even someone who is an expert on reaper can tell the masses that reaper is ridiculous in wvw.

What makes reaper so strong right now is the impact you can have while being a complete and total braindead player. Regardless of if this/the other thread conveyed this, a totally new player can have the largest impact in small scale and zerging fights by making a reaper getting reaper runes and full dire and just spamming abilities. It snowballs fights well, requires minimal thought behind skill usage, and doesn’t have diminishing returns based on how many reapers are around you.

The heart of the problem is the lack of diminishing returns for deathly chill. It doesn’t matter if its 1 necro or 20, they all are applying the 3 bleeds per chill application. This promotes the meta we’re seeing now with reapers being one of the most popular professions especially in zergs. This meta simply isn’t healthy for wvw imo whatever aspect of the gamemode you play.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Because they play reapers most likely. Helly is a prolific viper reaper player and he made vids about how obnoxious reaper is atm and people still tell him hes wrong/ reapers deserve this meta blahblahblah. Not even someone who is an expert on reaper can tell the masses that reaper is rediculous in wvw.

And the entire Condi and Control designs are ridiculous.

And the burst an individual player can put out is ridiculous.

And the stealth systems are ridiculous.

And the pve rp designs shoved into spvp and wvw are ridiculous.

And the devs not doing much of anything to revisit and really improve on profession designs, skills, traits… is ridiculous… because they don’t care to make sure this game has a quality user experience in spvp and wvw… Mike O a year ago on balance “we want changes that don’t screw over pve”…

And the list of ridiculous things goes on and on and on and on…

You peeps need to look deeper than an initial scenario or gripe, and talk about the real issues.

Edit- and the more you wvw and pvp here, the more you see the ridiculous lack of effort to make these sides of the game good. That’s why flocks of players will leave gw2 wvw for CU… where classes and combat are designed solely for rvr pvp…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Someone please post a video of a ranger killing a guardian, because thats gonna turn the entire WvW meta upside down and change zerging forever.

not hard to happen, just play mace shield guard with full shouts lol….

They are not designed for combat, they melt, even to my rev autos.

btw Swagger.1459, im fully agree with you, balance is torwards make bad players feel like they are doing nice if they choose a gimmick, mmo for players that are bad @ mmo’s.

Reason pvp failed, since they need to enforce the easy damage output, it makes playres more carried and they will feel rewarded, and they kinda enforced the pve spam game into the pvp world.
The worse is that ANet is a bit brainless to spot and realize their game isnt that good, they dont care to fix the flaws where they are, they prefer to go arround with a few placebos.
MO is outdated….. and the way they think is super wrong.

btw inovation…. /facepalm.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Lazeris.1725

Lazeris.1725

All that said I am still really enjoying WvW and small scale – I just wish we saw a bit more build diversity out there you know?

also nice summary Helly thank you.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I eat guardians for breakfast (as a vanilla signet of shadows thief) – can’t touch DH though.
And for once I agree with swagger: It’s not just one particular class that’s overpowered; all elites are and then also some vanilla specs – balance left GW2 2 years ago. Which is pretty sad, but alas. They could’ve closed wvw and pvp with HoT and announced that this game is now solely a pve game – would’ve spared them a lot of hassle.
And btw: My server had the highest K/D ratio of all servers for the past nearly 2 months, even with the PvE player influx it was the highest, now all of the sudden we’re average, which further cements my assumption that servers itself are faster/slower than others and I guess they slowed us down. Thought it depended on the colours, but it’s probably both. And that alone is ‘balance’. And if you think of all of these tiny things that make combat in this game: can it ever be fair?! It might be that we were ‘too fast’, but I know that a lot of really good players are currently linked with us, so a high K/D ratio isn’t that surprising.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Justine.6351

Because they play reapers most likely. Helly is a prolific viper reaper player and he made vids about how obnoxious reaper is atm and people still tell him hes wrong/ reapers deserve this meta blahblahblah. Not even someone who is an expert on reaper can tell the masses that reaper is ridiculous in wvw.

What makes reaper so strong right now is the impact you can have while being a complete and total braindead player. Regardless of if this/the other thread conveyed this, a totally new player can have the largest impact in small scale and zerging fights by making a reaper getting reaper runes and full dire and just spamming abilities. It snowballs fights well, requires minimal thought behind skill usage, and doesn’t have diminishing returns based on how many reapers are around you.

The heart of the problem is the lack of diminishing returns for deathly chill. It doesn’t matter if its 1 necro or 20, they all are applying the 3 bleeds per chill application. This promotes the meta we’re seeing now with reapers being one of the most popular professions especially in zergs. This meta simply isn’t healthy for wvw imo whatever aspect of the gamemode you play.

Ty,

maybe say a few words in the original post too,
need a voice of reason ;-)

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Altho i agree deathly chill is very strong if anet does not NERF ALL condis in game leave it be. Necros were not the strongest class regarding condis as the class sugests. Also regarding diminishing returns i do think they should exist but in all forms pf hard CC stun daze knockback.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Altho i agree deathly chill is very strong if anet does not NERF ALL condis in game leave it be. Necros were not the strongest class regarding condis as the class sugests. Also regarding diminishing returns i do think they should exist but in all forms pf hard CC stun daze knockback.

I think we have two different ideas as to what anet means when they say refer to necro as master of conditions. For me, even before the DC buff, necros already had this role. While it goes without question that necro is stronger DPS wise now, it wasn’t the dps that makes it the strongest Condi class. It’s the access to condition transfers that has made necro unique and in my mind made/makes necro the class best suited for conditions. Transfers gave necros the ability to outplay/counter any other condi class before and now all anet has done is buff their DPS to a terrifying degree and kept this transfer mechanic. Hence why we see necros being so desirable in small scale and Zerg fights currently. Deathly chill as it is is borderline oppressive to the game mode and definitely diminishes the build variability of both necros and their opponents.

I should also point out when I talk about diminishing returns in this context I’m not talking about a cap/artificial max. I’m more referring to the fact that currently at no point does taking necros become disadvantageous for wvw groups currently. Since the bleed cap is no longer 25, it doesn’t matter if you have a lot of condi necros. You will always get full benefit from each additional necro you add with no real disadvantage. This becomes an issue since stacking necros means you’re also stacking transfers which is one way to deal with stacking necros. Previously back when chill did the damage you had dr since more than two necros meant you already had all the chill application and it didn’t stack so you would choose to take something else.

I am strongly against a diminishing returns system that is programmed into the game. Stability already exists, stun breaks exist, and resistance exists. You have tools to deal with these aspects of the game. I dont want diminishing returns since it seems like it would simply reward people for eating multiple stuns and not reacting appropriately.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

I can’t see anywhere in the video where the necro has that many bleed stacks on the op, doesn’t seem like this is a DC issue, seems more like a glass rev that got outplayed and not even by very good necro. He went down about as easily as the op did. I’m not sure if this is just another I lost to a necro omg pls nerf DC or not but if you look at the video and the amount of condi that was actually applied it really wasnt that much, NOT A DC issue.
You can’t nerf dc without gutting the class for a large population of players. The game cant be balanced around the top 5% nor the bottom 50%. The problem imo is the fact that this trait ( along with others for other professions ) combines CC with damage, in the case of DC you get chill which has the -66% movement speed + – 66% skill recharge combined with the bleed stacks. What should be done is that you either get the CC or the damage, not both, again just my opinion. However, if you want to go the way of just toning down the damage then you shouldn’t be looking at just DC because so many of the necros abilities are wrapped in to it. The whole class would need to be reworked in order to properly balance out going on a case by case or ability by ability basis to determine which abilities are able to apply the chill, then consider which need to be adjusted.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well these “roamers” have utility slots full of skills that give chill and conditions. Kind of bad idea start to nerf class core abilities just because some lamers play cancer builds. Maybe warrior should have less toughness and vitality just because some players use shield and those lame stances?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Well these “roamers” have utility slots full of skills that give chill and conditions. Kind of bad idea start to nerf class core abilities just because some lamers play cancer builds. Maybe warrior should have less toughness and vitality just because some players use shield and those lame stances?

Are you having a hard time with warriors?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

These forums aren’t exactly full of logic and reason. As someone who has been using them regularly for years, I highly suggest the both of you don’t take anything people say here seriously. 90% of them have next to no clue what they actually want, what skill is or isn’t or even what balance is.

I agree with the both of you, Reaper is overtuned. But don’t expect to get many others to agree because most who play it think it’s weak when they realize they can’t run away with it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Small scale reaper gets annihilated IMO. I view them as free bags. They have no invulns, no blocks, no stealth, no evades, barely any stun breakers, their condi clear is amazing but really situational… they’re easy kills.

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Small scale reaper gets annihilated IMO. I view them as free bags. They have no invulns, no blocks, no stealth, no evades, barely any stun breakers, their condi clear is amazing but really situational… they’re easy kills.

You’re a Druid, of course they’re easy kills. Immob from 1,500 range and unless they have Plague Signet up and quick thinking, it’s GG.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

lolsmallscale2

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

These forums aren’t exactly full of logic and reason. As someone who has been using them regularly for years, I highly suggest the both of you don’t take anything people say here seriously. 90% of them have next to no clue what they actually want, what skill is or isn’t or even what balance is.

I agree with the both of you, Reaper is overtuned. But don’t expect to get many others to agree because most who play it think it’s weak when they realize they can’t run away with it.

Yeah it can be really interesting reading the forums sometimes, you become very aware of how easy it is to identify other people’s biases (for want of a better word) and how difficult it can be to identify your own. =)