loot options

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: akjb.8372

akjb.8372

Make it auto Loot,(Straight in the bags) or change the loot key.

When your fighting and picking up loot, you can go into a stomp, or even use the siege that’s lying around.

I don’t want to encourage botting, so at least let us change the loot key.

Juide of Clubs —- Deso

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The current system has also created a hate relationship with banner warriors.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

lol, so true.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

I would love this, and to quote from another like thread at link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Auto-loot-WvW-change/first#post2084835

To prevent full inventory issues, have the bags themselves appear in your inventory as stackable items to 250. Then you can open them at your leisure later. The chests as well, they could be handled the same way. Imagine the fun opening your inventory and there’s a stack of a couple chests waiting for you…

Also, to you WvWers! Keep this thread alive if you want ANet to do anything about our loot bag issues!

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah. I always hate it to stop and take a few seconds to look around for bags I missed because I’m not permanently pressing F… while the zerg is already running to the next stuff to cap(and if it’s easy stuff like a camp that just gets rolled I’ll be to late to get credit for the event).

But we already had lots of threads about this… the devs should know. There did not happen anything until now which means they have other priorities or changing the loot system is more complicated and cannot happen “overnight”.

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I would love this, and to quote from another like thread at link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Auto-loot-WvW-change/first#post2084835

To prevent full inventory issues, have the bags themselves appear in your inventory as stackable items to 250. Then you can open them at your leisure later. The chests as well, they could be handled the same way. Imagine the fun opening your inventory and there’s a stack of a couple chests waiting for you…

Also, to you WvWers! Keep this thread alive if you want ANet to do anything about our loot bag issues!

But what if you got a heavy bag as a drop? You would have a bag inside a bag…

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Auto loot is working when you gather materials. You see the “search” icon pop up for a very short time. Think this could work also for picking up bags in wvw.

I really dont like it to travel back and pickup the bags after a zerg rush. I somehow cannot resist leaving bags on the ground…

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

There was a reddit post somewhere (don’t have the link) about a hint in the dat file from the last patch. It seems that they’re planning on introducing an AoE loot option that will loot everything within a certain radius.

This doesn’t fully solve the issue, but it’s a start!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

loot options

in WvW

akjb.8372

The loot key and interact key, should be separated.

Please don’t make me beg Arenanet

Juide of Clubs —- Deso

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Why do people complain about this so much. Run, press f, and you have your bags. Easy. We do that all the time in our zerg battles. Sure you miss some, but its all part of the game. If you can’t press f, you don’t deserve the loot bag anyway.

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: street.2176

street.2176

Why do people complain about this so much. Run, press f, and you have your bags. Easy. We do that all the time in our zerg battles. Sure you miss some, but its all part of the game. If you can’t press f, you don’t deserve the loot bag anyway.

Why do people complain about ideas so much that make the game more comfortable? If you see one, and it will only make the game more comfortable without any disadvantages, then ignore it. Easy. We can all profit from it even players that are already spamming f during zerg battles. Sure you wont miss some, but thats a part of the game no one likes. If you dont need to press f, you will be able to concentrate more on the battle instead of picking up loot anyway.

loot options

in WvW

akjb.8372

We do need the loot to pay for towers/keep upgrades.

But most of us prefer to pvp and chase down enemies, not look for lost loot or man siege when your trying to pick up loot.

Juide of Clubs —- Deso

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I think this feature is coming. A few people on reddit have found some evidence its in the works. I assume anet will announce it when its finished and ready to go.

As far as I know it autoloots bags within a certain radius if you have the inventory space for the items.

The reason that the loot bags cant be put in your inventory as ‘loot bags’ is because of the varying level of opponent the player is killing and the variable level of the player doing the killing. Loot has to be determined on kill so they cant just throw in a stackable item that will work for all players of all levels. If they were to do that they would have to put in 79*79 bag types or 6241 bag items.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

The reason that the loot bags cant be put in your inventory as ‘loot bags’ is because of the varying level of opponent the player is killing and the variable level of the player doing the killing. Loot has to be determined on kill so they cant just throw in a stackable item that will work for all players of all levels. If they were to do that they would have to put in 79*79 bag types or 6241 bag items.

Soulbind them, and this problem all but goes away

Badges would be separated from loot sacks, and just add directly to inventory (that is if they’re not changed into an account -wide currency like they should be)

Loot sack (soulbound)- chance of this being added to inventory is equal chance of a loot bag dropping on the ground in previous system, minus a certain amount to adjust to badges being separated. when opened, contains loot appropriate for the character opening it (since soulbound, this is the character who got the kill in the first place), anything that would normally be found in a bag on the ground, besides badges

Wooden chest (soulbound)- chance of this being added to inventory is same chance of wooden chest being dropped to the ground. Upon opening, contains an item of rare quality appropriate to character opening (character who got the kill)- anything that would be found in wooden chest found on the ground

And same as above for steel chest, except exotic.

No more losing loot because of ambush, no more spamming F causing you to pick up banners/turrets or man seige etc, and since it all stacks in your inventory, you can go all night without wasting your time (and the time of everyone else in your group and in the queue) running to the vendor between battles

The only way I can forsee this being abused is that someone might save ALL their loot sacks on a character until the character hits 80, but if they have that amount of inhuman patience, let them reap the reward of that investment.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Rohn.3912

Rohn.3912

Stop the war!!!! I need to loot!

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Soulbind them, and this problem all but goes away

Badges would be separated from loot sacks, and just add directly to inventory (that is if they’re not changed into an account -wide currency like they should be)

Loot sack (soulbound)- chance of this being added to inventory is equal chance of a loot bag dropping on the ground in previous system, minus a certain amount to adjust to badges being separated. when opened, contains loot appropriate for the character opening it (since soulbound, this is the character who got the kill in the first place), anything that would normally be found in a bag on the ground, besides badges

Wooden chest (soulbound)- chance of this being added to inventory is same chance of wooden chest being dropped to the ground. Upon opening, contains an item of rare quality appropriate to character opening (character who got the kill)- anything that would be found in wooden chest found on the ground

And same as above for steel chest, except exotic.

No more losing loot because of ambush, no more spamming F causing you to pick up banners/turrets or man seige etc, and since it all stacks in your inventory, you can go all night without wasting your time (and the time of everyone else in your group and in the queue) running to the vendor between battles

The only way I can forsee this being abused is that someone might save ALL their loot sacks on a character until the character hits 80, but if they have that amount of inhuman patience, let them reap the reward of that investment.

Soulbinding them wont solve needing 6241 new items added to the games item database.

The solution anet is implementing sounds a lot better, autoloots to your inventory till you run out of room, then it puts it on the ground.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

loot options

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I concur. It’s quite annoying when loot bags end up around these banners. I mean, it doesn’t take much work to pick it up and drop it somewhere else.. but still, it’s annoying.