lvl 80 food/utiliity on the provisioner

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

What do people think of a price list along the lines of:
lvl 80 food: 15 badges
lvl 80 utility ( standard stones/crystals/oil) 15 badges.

crafting recipe foods like to nopal recipes: 30 badges

toxic tuning crystals: 30 badges.
bountiful sharpening stones: 30 badges

All none-tradable like the existing lvl 70 options

Keeping in mind 30 badges easily translates to over 30 silver atm
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Tribute

edit: a lvl 70 version of these would be really nice too..
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Damage_Reduction

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I have been thinking almost this same thing. Also would be good if you had a option for hour long on these.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Idk, I see this stepping on the level 80 food and utility market too much. However, I would be down with being able to purchase any recipe in the game with badges.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Idk, I see this stepping on the level 80 food and utility market too much. However, I would be down with being able to purchase any recipe in the game with badges.

I see what your saying. But I think if you made it food that could only be purchased by WvW Badges and also made it so it was soulbound or account bound. That way the market does not take a big hit. PvE and Raids will still need food correct? Should not affect the market to much really.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

There is no reason for WvW players to make gold transfers to PvE farmers. Make the provisioner sold consumables work in WvW only. Problem solved.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Provisioner food is always account bound so zero issues. You should be able to use it anywhere. Nobody is going to grind WvW to do raids lol. Those things pay for themselves easily.

Maybe it should be a mix of heroics and badges.

If you really want, perhaps the super high end stuff should still be only crafted, but the whole host of buyable level 80 foods and stones would be nice to have. And have the one hour ones too, even if more expensive.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Ok, I originally had 50 badges in mind for toxic crystals – but reduced it to 30. I had it in my head they were cheaper than they are.

Could easily make them 50 or 60 badges.
Something to keep in mind here: there is only a very small selection of foods that would be “cheaper” to buy from the provisioner ( vs turning them into badges of tribute and buying/crafting the food). A Lot of foods you would be able to buy far more with the silver from selling a single badge of tribute.

I agree with archon – account bound, and usable anywhere. Using a small number of proofs of heroics is an interesting idea.

Say 30-50 badges + 1-3 proofs of heroics for a single toxic/bountiful utility? That sounds roughly fair to me.

The “normal” kind of food/utility should probably not have a proof of heroics cost associated with them imo – just badges. Though perhaps 20-25 may be more reasonable than 15 badges.

Foods like plate of mussels gnashblade might well be justified in having a proof of heroic cost too. ( say 25 badges + 1 proof?)

Maybe a couple of tabs, one for “standard lvl 80” consumables, and one for the “high-end” ones which also have some proofs as part of the cost.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i consume 50 food an hour i am pretty sure market not going to miss my gold XD maybe it will miss it for a day or two XD not long term

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Either add them to the provisioner or remove the time-gating on the materials which makes expensive food like Furious stones. It’s stupid to spend so much money an hour on consumables for a competitive format.

Really, I think gathering nodes should give more or recipes yield more items. This would at least give an incentive for people to try and make money by gathering/crafting over killing and would greatly help food accessibility.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

15 badges for a food that costs over 50s is gonna mess with the economy. Just saying.

There is no reason for WvW players to make gold transfers to PvE farmers. Make the provisioner sold consumables work in WvW only. Problem solved.

Ya I’m inclined to support this. The fact they have been making so much money off us to date though, means they get a say in this. Its unfortunate but thats how it works lol. Its like some1 building a factory on land that was never theirs to begin with. If its been operating for 25 years you can’t just order it shut down immediately. They have a claim to the land from occupation and productive usage of it.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Let’s refrain from generalizing…

It’s almost 7g to level cooking to 400, without doing hearts, so you can save some loot in the long run.

http://gw2crafts.net/cooking_fast.html

Higher end recipes are just that, so I’m not going to argue, but they are hardly necessary or game changing.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

15 badges for a food that costs over 50s is gonna mess with the economy. Just saying.

Ya I’m inclined to support this. The fact they have been making so much money off us to date though, means they get a say in this. Its unfortunate but thats how it works lol. Its like some1 building a factory on land that was never theirs to begin with. If its been operating for 25 years you can’t just order it shut down immediately. They have a claim to the land from occupation and productive usage of it.

Most of the food even the lvl 80 stuff is vastly under 50s..
To the point you’d be an idiot not to just convert to a badge of tribute and sell it → buy food in many cases. It’s mostly about convenience of getting it in the middle of a map when you forgot/ran out of food. Some foods being slightly “cheaper” isn’t a big problem, this is already the case with some of the lvl 70 foods.