making seige weapons destroyable ( griefers)

in WvW

Posted by: Nalukai.8946

Nalukai.8946

just wondering if anything is going to be done about griefers spawning siege weapons on top of high point vistas in keeps making them unable to get to; these things once you take over the tower need to be made destroyable… its ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

If it was placed there, and built there, then someone obviously got up there some how.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in WvW

Nalukai.8946

thank you captain obvious; what these ppl are doing is going up on the keep vistas and building seige weapons so once they dont control the fort anymore instead of getting the vista you just use the siege weapon instead. go away and have someone that knows what they are talking about answer this please?

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

even though your response was a bit rude… if you don’t offer information like was it a friendly placed siege, or an enemy siege and what makes an enemy siege indestructible etc, it makes it difficult for people to know exactly what you are asking. He answered the question you posed in ernest I suspect.

Once you take a keep the enemy siege is destructible, unless you are referring to a bug .. which again could have been stated to avoid… dramatic responses.

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

Posted by: aetherseed.5609

aetherseed.5609

Yeah, I had this happen when SBI shortly had garrison in JQ borderland. I didn’t end up getting it. I submitted a bug report to hopefully stop siege from being deployed on vistas.

Edit: this was our own siege.

in WvW

Nalukai.8946

its not rude its frustrating… people are making seige weapons on top of vistas preventing you from getting htem; how is this OP so hard to understand? and they are NOT destructible this was an area in a keep we just got that the blue team took from the red; and we are green team; the blue team laid down this seige on the top of the garrison to make it impossible to view the vista. this has been going on quite a while in several games and im surprised noone has addressed this yet. i mean really? what more info do you want man? you didnt really have to read between the lines in the first post to actually understand what im saying? sorry if this post comes off rude but i am quite perturbed at the moment

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

just wondering if anything is going to be done about griefers spawning siege weapons on top of high point vistas in keeps making them unable to get to; these things once you take over the tower need to be made destroyable… its ridiculous.

i agree. pvp in a pvp area is unacceptable. what were they thinking? while we’re on the subject, i’d like to say i was running along the road the other day trying to get to one of my keeps which was being attacked, and some griefer from the other team attacked me and killed me! i was just trying to get to my keep! this has to be stopped. how can i defend my keep if the other players won’t let me get there?

op, let’s start a petition. stop pvp. it’s destroying wvwvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

and they are NOT destructible this was an area in a keep we just got that the blue team took from the red; and we are green team; the blue team laid down this seige on the top of the garrison to make it impossible to view the vista.

Enemy siege can be destroyed. If this was indeed enemy siege and you couldn’t destroy it, then it was a bug and not done to deliberately grief people. If it was friendly siege, then you need to complain to your own side. Depending on the vista, it may well be a very advantageous place to put siege for overwatch.

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

its not rude its frustrating… people are making seige weapons on top of vistas preventing you from getting htem; how is this OP so hard to understand? and they are NOT destructible this was an area in a keep we just got that the blue team took from the red; and we are green team; the blue team laid down this seige on the top of the garrison to make it impossible to view the vista. this has been going on quite a while in several games and im surprised noone has addressed this yet. i mean really? what more info do you want man? you didnt really have to read between the lines in the first post to actually understand what im saying? sorry if this post comes off rude but i am quite perturbed at the moment

Because, you didn’t say it was enemy laid siege, that it was a bug, or some other set up. I know what you are talking about we were discussing it. But you asked “how to destroy siege that’s hard to get to..” that’s how it came off, intended or not. And yes the frustration is understood and shared, but the responder was being sincere.

In any case what makes the siege indestructable? ie is it untargetable? because I’ve targeted it and marked it. It is immune to AE? does it take minimal damage etc? I never try to destroy it as im Mesmer hunting usually. If it is a bug we should all be /bug reporting whenever comes up not just posting here too, and the more details the better for devs.

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

Nalukai.8946

at nysta you are missing the point of this while being a jerk in the process; when you spawn a ballista at the high vista point inside a keep that is troling and griefing; there is nothing about taking over a keep involved in it; it was done on purpose to prevent once the keep was taken over for you not to get the vista. im trying to make a point here so dont be a prick and troll something that needs to be addressed.

in WvW

nysta.6713

at nysta you are missing the point of this while being a jerk in the process; when you spawn a ballista at the high vista point inside a keep that is troling and griefing; there is nothing about taking over a keep involved in it; it was done on purpose to prevent once the keep was taken over for you not to get the vista. im trying to make a point here so dont be a prick and troll something that needs to be addressed.

my point was presented in a cynical manner, but meant to credit you with a sense of humour. okay, seriously: you want to get from point a to point b on a pvp map. you’re getting killed by players in the process. pvp is player versus player. the whole map is governed by this concept. not just pieces of the map. it is, unfortunately, working as intended. lighten up and return at a later date.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

This doesn’t sound like trolling or griefing, it sounds like legitimate way to tie up enemy manpower and maintain a presence inside a captured keep. Unless there’s a bug involved, you should be able to get your teammates to help you clear any such belligerents.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

nysta.6713

This doesn’t sound like trolling or griefing, it sounds like legitimate way to tie up enemy manpower and maintain a presence inside a captured keep. Unless there’s a bug involved, you should be able to get your teammates to help you clear any such belligerents.

belligerents. i like that. i’m going to use that from now on to describe enemy players.

“get that there belligerent memser.”

in WvW

Nalukai.8946

i gotcha; it ticked me off because i was at 99% map and this was only vista i lacked to complete 100% topic over now; but not really.. this issue of teams putting ballistas on high vistas needs to be addressed because it is done on purpose to prevent you from getting them. it has no value at all in this game but to troll; since its within the walls and cant target anything anyways…. it has a wide area of use from at least 20m away that is why they do it because of the area you F you cannot access anything else but that.

in WvW

nysta.6713

that’s the problem, though. you’re trying to pve in a pvp map. you have to accept the pvp map functions differently and maybe try pve’ing in it when it’s quieter. just because there’s a ballista there, doesn’t mean it will always be attended to by a player.

in WvW

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

I believe the OP is referring to your teammates creating siege weapons on top of Vistas. For example:

Let’s say I’m on the green team. In the green keep there is a Vista. I can build something like a ballista right under the Vista. If anyone from the green team tries to get the Vista, they cannot because they will instead use/leave the ballista over and over. Even if someone is already operating the ballista, they still cannot get the Vista. Because the ballista was built by a friendly unit, there is no way to destroy it.

The OP is not complaining about PvP in a PvP area. And he’s not complaining about enemies using tactics to distract their opponents. He’s talking about his own team doing something that provides absolutely zero gain for his team or his enemies team.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellthar.4895

Fellthar.4895

i gotcha; it ticked me off because i was at 99% map and this was only vista i lacked to complete 100% topic over now; but not really.. this issue of teams putting ballistas on high vistas needs to be addressed because it is done on purpose to prevent you from getting them. it has no value at all in this game but to troll; since its within the walls and cant target anything anyways…. it has a wide area of use from at least 20m away that is why they do it because of the area you F you cannot access anything else but that.

Despite you seeming somewhat rude in your earlier posts, I did read through the thread anyway and I see your point.

I’m not sure I agree with it though, but that is just my opinion. I think that putting siege weapons up on a vista to prevent enemy players seems like a legit way to distract the enemy and make them waste time and resources to knock those siege weapons down, even if it is kind of cruel (and kind of funny).

If they didn’t want players to fight over stuff like this in WvW they wouldn’t have put it there. I’ve had the other team place siege engines in the jump puzzles, especially the EB one, and our team has wasted tons of time and resources destroying those to get the jump puzzle back, only to find that the enemy has taken a couple towers while we did this. It was frustrating, but a solid tactic it did seem to be, and I had to give props to the other team for it.

This is only my opinion, and I leave it up to ANet to decide whether they think this tactic is legit or not.

If the OP was talking about a bug, then I mis-understood and I retract everything I said.

in WvW

Posted by: Mindvibe.4630

Mindvibe.4630

vistas have panoramic views of the surrounding area. it just so happens most siege weapons benefit from this. if you consider this griefing, you are a handicap to your team.

mass building flame rams inside a keep to waste supply and limit siege cap is griefing. buiding on top of vistas is not. you can still get the vista anyways by carefully navigating until view becomes an option. the biggest culprit of complaints is the garrison vista. 1 ballista right on top of that vista is extremely dominant vs attackers at that inner gate.

this proposed solution would result in even more griefing than intended, and a fix like “no siege interaction”, even if made a keybind to be temporary instead of a setting would be much more helpful to novices who cant figure out how to get the vista anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Dargron.3895

Dargron.3895

Siege placed near Vistas isn’t there to intentionally grief. It’s usually there because it’s strategically advantageous for it to be there.

Siege benefits greatly from vista locations, because these locations by their very nature are usually high (greatly extending the range of the siege), hard to access (making it difficult for the enemy to take it out), and usually provide great visibility over the surrounding area (for seeing and targeting the enemy).

The only “fix” that needed is for there to be some way to tab between [F] key options, so you aren’t limited by whichever has priority. Similar issues occur when siege blueprints are built close together – I often find it impossible to “build” siege, because the option to “use” the siege beside it dominates the [F] key option.

Dargron|80 Charr Engineer| Gaiscioch [GSCH]|Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Did You Know?:

If pressing F makes you activated the wrong object, you can simple double click the object to use it. That way, you select the right object.

TLDR: USE DOUBLE CLICK

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I have yet to find 1 spot something can be placed which is unable to be destroyed.
(Some may be a lot harder to hit, and take a bit more thinking, however Ive never ran into being unable to hit siege either by using skills or other siege.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

use your target next ally key

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

If e siege weapon can be laid n cannot be destroyed, definitely a bug.

in WvW

Nalukai.8946

ive moved past this down but ppl like Dargron are totally missing my point in this;
dargron said;
Siege placed near Vistas isn’t there to intentionally grief. It’s usually there because it’s strategically advantageous for it to be there.

there is nothing strategic about placing a 10000lb ballista on a 1 foot wide plank 500 foot up in the air on top of a keep. in reality the plank wouldn’t even hold that ; its done on purpose to prevent you from getting a vista. its 101% percent a troll move and needs to be addressed because its happening more and more- especially when ppl know they are about to lose a keep. can disagree if you want but i promise you; more of me in the game feel this way than the ones fighting it in the forums. im out you can close this topic.