merge poll 75%? pls help 12 honorable servers

in WvW

Posted by: Blade Of Gandara.6738

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Q:

i am asking do we get to have a chance to be original server? or we will be guest servers forever? what will happen to the 12 guests??*

merge poll won by 75% (yes)!… why??

because the ones that will vote (no) doesnt exist anymore…
the 12 servers that anet killed DOESNT play anymore… they cant vote lol..

this why merge system won ! those 12 servers that still have their server identity and borderland started to play more and more … why??? because they got a entire server that got forcefully transfered by anet to join them! duh they are all happy!! also those top 12 servers probly did a “blob (yes) vote” top tiers population is tick all of them voted (yes) check if any of the 12 guest servers are happy and still play…

anet you have to bring back our borderlands and servers… if you want more population… you create!!… not delete, forget or send away the 12 honorable servers!!
I know alot of people and guilds that havent left their servers for years!
strong loyalty cant understand by some …

Dark Jean
Athenian Knights [kYrO] Leader/Founder
Devona’s Rest Diamond Squire 8,055

(edited by Blade Of Gandara.6738)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Retaining server identity is important in the long run else you have done the same thing as a forced merge in disguise. Two quick options come to mind to achieve this:

• Create a new combined server name for paired servers that show server initials together
  • Have each server retain their server tag and allow the existing system that visually designates friends from foes to ID people

I understand part of the idea during the beta was to reduce the potential for people calling each other out. But lose of a server identity seems more detrimental in the long run. My server retained its designation and I believe that the server pairings is a step in the right directions, but I can understand where Blade is coming from. 2 cents.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I disagree with every assertion in the OP aside from one. The linked servers should have something that keeps their identity (to the opposing team since we can’t tell from within our own link).

WvW is vastly better then it was a few months back. The total opposite of ‘dead’.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I disagree with every assertion in the OP aside from one. The linked servers should have something that keeps their identity (to the opposing team since we can’t tell from within our own link).

WvW is vastly better then it was a few months back. The total opposite of ‘dead’.

Pretty much this^.

IMo they should just merge all servers into 3 faction and then add more new maps, like 4-6 maps per faction, more if needed, but since europe as a diferent server disposal i think this would be hard to be done.

WvW is much more alive.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

i never said WvW is dead right now, ofcourse there are alot of people playing … but there was used to be way more people playing than this… and we did not need a merge for it

there used to be 24 servers total….

12 servers got annoyed cause anet transfered them forcefully…

12 servers got so much happy cause they got a entire server to fight for their war.. SO THEY ALL LOG IN AND PLAY AND HAPPY!! oh yea those happy servers are the top servers expect alot of population… adding a few bodies from the guest servers it makes it so much alot…

but if you really actually look or actually be in the 12 guest servers…. its very less.. you dont see them playing anymore since after this merge…..

anet should just make it all new world names… should be better and attracts more players…

Dark Jean

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

lol.. i bet you guys are on the original servers and doesnt belong to the 12 guest servers that anet betrayed…

if you are not in 12 guest servers, you dont feel our pain. We are here to get our servers back from anet.. atleast try to..

we already helped you guys on your war since this merge happened!! stop abusing us!!!

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

We just need a T5 for those that prefer smaller scale. I’m done with the server identy issue, truth is most of those deleted servers were more transfers than original members prior to merge anyway. That doesn’t mean they don’t deserve an identity but, if pairings are a done deal, moving half and in some cases more than half of a pairs pop every 3 months isn’t fair to guests or hosts at this point.

Merge them, rename them, create a new tier, reset the glicko and open transfers to all tiers, with high or very high status on those servers they know have high pops and close transfers on a weekly basis as necessary.

Just let us all try to rebuild from there.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

i never said WvW is dead right now, ofcourse there are alot of people playing … but there was used to be way more people playing than this… and we did not need a merge for it

12 servers got so much happy cause they got a entire server to fight for their war.. SO THEY ALL LOG IN AND PLAY AND HAPPY!! oh yea those happy servers are the top servers expect alot of population… adding a few bodies from the guest servers it makes it so much alot…

but if you really actually look or actually be in the 12 guest servers…. its very less.. you dont see them playing anymore since after this merge…..

anet should just make it all new world names… should be better and attracts more players…

Yes, you did say it felt more dead now. And I quote: WvW feels more dead now since they rip 12 servers.. it was more alive when there is 24 servers…

With the eventual relinking, the links won’t necessarily be the same and there could be 3 or more servers linked together. That would potentially require a whole new set of names each time things are linked.

Eventually, they’ll come up with a few good ideas to present to us to help each server keep its identity in the link (I hope).

SBI

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

24 servers, means more players spreaded, less players stacked, more empty tower to cap, more pro figthign pvd, i heard pvd is eotm pro stuff.

Btw if your guild had 500 members doing WvW your server would not be on the linked queue, and Devona rest is a very small server, you guys are ranked at 18, not 15.
The last time i fough you guys it looked like you guys could need a help couse was already a empty server.

Btw if you guys gona be merged and since theres more server pride than guild pride, why dont u guys reform the server for something more coordenated with the present guilds from DR?

A fresh restart would not hurt.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

its why merge system won ! those 12 servers that still have their server identity and borderland started to play more and more … why??? because they got a entire server that got forcefully transfered by anet to join them! duh!! check if any of the 12 guest servers still play… seriously anet did you think that bronze league and silver league is dead??? come on 50vs 50 vs 50 fights is not dead !!

i am asking do we get to have a chance to be original server? or we will be guest servers forever? what will happen to the 12 guests?? might aswell just delete them!!! thousands of people never gave up on their server… now they did because anet did gave up on us first…*

me and along other thousands of people just in 1 server stop playing… you never ever see Devonas players in WvW anymore, we were rank 15 and rising up before this happens now anet messed it up and killed our server… not just ours… along with 12 others too…

WvW feels more dead now since they rip 12 servers.. it was more alive when there is 24 servers… more people playing more servers to fight.. now we only get a +(server name) on the B screen… THATS IT… thats all we get… we are on a dispatch to help Maaguma on their fight.. our borderlands and server is gone… good bye all.. this is why 500 members of my guildys stop playing…

anet you have to bring back our borderlands and servers… if you want more population… you create!!… not delete!! or forget or discharge or send away the 12 honorable servers that is helping the other 12 servers on their own war….

Nope.

DR never had thousands of players to leave. I played against you. You had maybe 100ish active players at prime time at the height of WVW. It has been downhill from then. If you had even a single thousand, then it would be you on the top now, not BG. I think you are very, very confused between numbers, for example: 1000 or many 1000s =\= 30ish.

Also, while you may think that, you actually do not speak for your server. I am willing to bet there are a lot of people on your own server that are a part of that majority vote, which by the way ended up as 82%+ in favor. 75% was just the bar to reach for it to stay as a perma feature. You are confused about that too.

Then you are further confused because the people who were undecided and those who were actually against it, made up the remaining 18% (rounding up in your favor). Just because they were undecided at the time of the poll, does not mean that they share your particular opinion.

On my personal note, as posted above, WVW is now overall far, far better then it was in an extremely long time. Yes the server links have issues which need to be smoothed out, yes it isn’t perfect, yes I would also like to know when the next link rotation occurs and how long will the links last. But it is a huge overall improvement. And while it may have turned off your server, both of our linked servers have seen a vast increase in activity and more people playing.

So as also posted above, I disagree with you nearly completely.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

DR come from last place to 10 then fall back again?
Are you sure it wasnt bandwagons groups, that switched servers again?

All servers lost lots of players before the linkage, reason they are nowlinking the system.

Btw didnt you lost a alliance to IOJ ??

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

its why merge system won ! those 12 servers that still have their server identity and borderland started to play more and more … why??? because they got a entire server that got forcefully transfered by anet to join them! duh!! check if any of the 12 guest servers still play… seriously anet did you think that bronze league and silver league is dead??? come on 50vs 50 vs 50 fights is not dead !!

i am asking do we get to have a chance to be original server? or we will be guest servers forever? what will happen to the 12 guests?? might aswell just delete them!!! thousands of people never gave up on their server… now they did because anet did gave up on us first…*

me and along other thousands of people just in 1 server stop playing… you never ever see Devonas players in WvW anymore, we were rank 15 and rising up before this happens now anet messed it up and killed our server… not just ours… along with 12 others too…

WvW feels more dead now since they rip 12 servers.. it was more alive when there is 24 servers… more people playing more servers to fight.. now we only get a +(server name) on the B screen… THATS IT… thats all we get… we are on a dispatch to help Maaguma on their fight.. our borderlands and server is gone… good bye all.. this is why 500 members of my guildys stop playing…

anet you have to bring back our borderlands and servers… if you want more population… you create!!… not delete!! or forget or discharge or send away the 12 honorable servers that is helping the other 12 servers on their own war….

Nope.

DR never had thousands of players to leave. I played against you. You had maybe 100ish active players at prime time at the height of WVW. It has been downhill from then. If you had even a single thousand, then it would be you on the top now, not BG. I think you are very, very confused between numbers, for example: 1000 or many 1000s =\= 30ish.

Also, while you may think that, you actually do not speak for your server. I am willing to bet there are a lot of people on your own server that are a part of that majority vote, which by the way ended up as 82%+ in favor. 75% was just the bar to reach for it to stay as a perma feature. You are confused about that too.

Then you are further confused because the people who were undecided and those who were actually against it, made up the remaining 18% (rounding up in your favor). Just because they were undecided at the time of the poll, does not mean that they share your particular opinion.

On my personal note, as posted above, WVW is now overall far, far better then it was in an extremely long time. Yes the server links have issues which need to be smoothed out, yes it isn’t perfect, yes I would also like to know when the next link rotation occurs and how long will the links last. But it is a huge overall improvement. And while it may have turned off your server, both of our linked servers have seen a vast increase in activity and more people playing.

Devonas DID HAVE THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS
Athenian Knights [kYrO] – 500 members
Hands Of Divinity [HoD] 500 members
Spys Sappin mah Guild name [RED] – 500 members
Silenced Assasins [SA] – 500 members
THOSE ARE JUST EXAMPLES OF 4 OF OUR GUILDS THAT USED TO PLAY ALOT
we used to be over 30 guilds in our server!!

we got up to rank 10 is our highest in history!! our server slowly decayed and more and more people leaving or quitting…
then more quit because of this merge making the server have only 1-2 guilds left playing 3 times per week for 2 hours.

YOU ARE NOT IN OUR SERVER STOP ACTING THAT YOU KNOW US OR KNOW WHAT WE VOTED FOR.

12 guest servers STOPPED PLAYING they could have voted for (no) but they are gone and quit… trust me i know… how?? cause i been playing WvW longer than you!

go away pls STOP TRYING TO STOP US ON TRYING TO GET OUR SERVER BACK…
havent we helped your precious server alot already?? why do you have to be mean when we wants to go home already?!

Dark Jean

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Yes, you did say it felt more dead now. And I quote: WvW feels more dead now since they rip 12 servers.. it was more alive when there is 24 servers…

With the eventual relinking, the links won’t necessarily be the same and there could be 3 or more servers linked together. That would potentially require a whole new set of names each time things are linked.

Eventually, they’ll come up with a few good ideas to present to us to help each server keep its identity in the link (I hope).

oh my you dont get it…

i said yes 12 servers are dead now cause anet killed those 12 servers….

it is more alive cause there was 24 servers and they did not kill the 12 severs..

i guess there is no hope anymore… i should just give up on this… and our precious server Devonas Rest…
the 12 guest servers never gave up on their servers but alot did now since because this world link/merge… how i know??? cause i know those people who are loyal to their own servers and i talk to them… I cant call them friends because they are our server enemies…

im so tired .. i was hoping for some support and help but i get is hate replys…

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Did and does are 2 different things. #’s on your roster mean nothing if they are not active.

DR has a guild trying to recruit for WvW. Says 60 members, I’ve only seen maybe 2 in WvW and not at the same time. Could be same account, diff toon.

Get your facts straight and provide proof. Show up and que a map or shut up!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Blade Of Gandara.6738, blade how can a server with that many players rise once to 10 and then most of time spend on the last tiers before the linkage????

it was not the linkage, players just stop playing or moved to another server, and your server got relinked due low active population on WvW.

Blade Of Gandara.6738@ got to http://mos.millenium.org and just observ where your server spend most of time.

Just re-organize with the actual WvW you have… many servers did that.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Your mileage may vary…still seeing the same guilds from GoM playing alongside SoS.

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Blade Of Gandara.6738, blade how can a server with that many players rise once to 10 and then most of time spend on the last tiers before the linkage????

it was not the linkage, players just stop playing or moved to another server, and your server got relinked due low active population on WvW.

Blade Of Gandara.6738@ got to http://mos.millenium.org and just observ where your server spend most of time.

we had thousands of players way before expansion came out… we got to rank 10 those times…
everyone started to leave and quit because everyone argueing to each other in TS or map chat.. so we fell down to last tier

we were rank 15 when world- link happened..
around this times we are very less but still enough to be called “thousands” having several guilds on 500 members 400 and 300 etc etc… (i know cause i use my 5 guild slots to join 5 Devonas guilds)
we gained new friends.. new allies to play with.. but the dream did not last long.. we had our chance again to get up to rank 10 again but anet said no…

like i said we were rising up… then anet decided to kill it and do this world link event…

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Nope.

we got up to rank 10 is our highest in history!! our server slowly decayed and more and more people leaving or quitting…
then more quit because of this merge making the server have only 1-2 guilds left playing 3 times per week for 2 hours.

YOU ARE NOT IN OUR SERVER STOP ACTING THAT YOU KNOW US OR KNOW WHAT WE VOTED FOR.

12 guest servers STOPPED PLAYING they could have voted for (no) but they are gone and quit… trust me i know… how?? cause i been playing WvW longer than you!

havent we helped your precious server alot already?? why do you have to be mean when we wants to go home already?!

Members is not the same thing as active consistant players and double or triple that since you mentioned “the height of”. You lost all that long, long before the server links, or even HoT, you even lost an alliance to IOJ as mentioned above which then in turn further down the line transferred again or scattered to the winds.

I have a freebie alt account on my old server which I hop onto once in a great while and I played against you not long before the server links and I stand firm on what I saw and was a part of.

Also, please do not make assumptions about me, I have played this as my main game mode since early launch and done so from every perspective and playstyle by now. There is no facet of WVW left that I have not tried out, there are no servers left in NA whom I haven’t played with or against.

Last but not least, calm down and put your panties back on homegirl, relax on the Caps Lock key. L2 formulate some better paragraphs.

I am not trying to be mean, just giving you some facts. I myself was a part of a very large guild as well back in those days, our single guild was almost 1500 members and we had to split it up due to the 500 member limit. That does not mean all 1500 people were WVW focused members, or that they actually all played at the same time. Can you even imagine what it would be like if all 1500 would try to enter WVW at the same time and how that would go with map caps ?

And yes, they are also gone, except few people that have again scattered on all different servers, and occasionally I get to play against them now and chat here and there. And yes, this was just one guild, there were others. So yea, I do know exactly and precisely about that from the “height of” wvw. But I do not try to confuse it with server links like you are.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

My best times were on the lower tiers. It definitely had a strong community down in the trenches of the lower tiers once upon a time. All lost in time now

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

we had thousands of players way before expansion came out… we got to rank 10 those times…
everyone started to leave and quit because everyone argueing to each other in TS or map chat.. so we fell down to last tier

we were rank 15 when world- link happened..
around this times we are very less but still enough to be called “thousands” having several guilds on 500 members 400 and 300 etc etc… (i know cause i use my 5 guild slots to join 5 Devonas guilds)
we gained new friends.. new allies to play with.. but the dream did not last long.. we had our chance again to get up to rank 10 again but anet said no…

like i said we were rising up… then anet decided to kill it and do this world link event…

To correct, DR was actually 17th that last week before pairs. I know that because I’m on the 15th place server that was fighting against you all that week. Because of the overwhelming (nay record breaking) victory the week before against 2 dead servers, DR did in fact move up…1 slot, from 18th to 17th, but didn’t beat SF (that didnt have thousands of players) that last week, so you stayed in 17th before pairs.

Long story short, if you had thousands of people that last week, and couldn’t win the match, it would’ve been a while before you would’ve been able to make it to, much less compete in the tiers that did actually have thousands of people as a stand alone server.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so where is this merge poll or you just trying to start a panic or something?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I wish they had been a poll about mergers instead of linking knowing what we know now about the effects of this rotating linked worlds garbage. But they decided not to poll us on those other possible population fix discussions they had. Some straight up mergers of the bottom tiers or even the “blow it up and start over” options would be preferable to me over rotating links the way currently implemented.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i personally find anet polling in a way that lead people to certain direction while giving people a sensation that their voice matters

unfortunately, im not that naive and im sure there are many not too.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Regardless of how the guests or the hosts felt about the initial linking, it’s over and done with, we lost/we won whatever side you’re on its done. But, its still seperate, and shuffling large groups of people according to whatever schedule Anet decides now is their right, but, it’s not right! People are going to eventually get tired of it, if they aren’t already.

I’d submitted to the reality that my server is now only represented with a + sign and a salt forum signature. I’ve also accepted the fact that most of the 12 guest servers will likely never be a host. But, how much more submitting is there for us guests? A little over a month in and still no stability! Those of us that are scheduled to be shuffled whenever and eventually those that have a named home will crack.

When you look at the cold, hard, facts, Anet did the right thing by cutting the amount of servers, we did not need 24 NA servers. What they failed to do was give us definitive answers about our future, they also cut too many servers. They’ve lumped former enemies together and let or forced (in some cases) for us to become friends – a team! Soon, they’ll split us apart again. How is that better for anyone? Hosts not knowing who they’re getting, guests not knowing where they’re going, a good portion of the population being moved around like bacon on a frying pan and really no incentive for the bacon to fight to build something they won’t be apart of in a few weeks.

Like I said, I’ve submitted to the fact that my server isn’t represented while I’m in wvw, and I’ll continue to fight as long as I can, without an apparent purpose. But, for those on the named servers that disagree with the “give us a name crowd”…think long and hard about putting them/us in our place now, we may be paired with you one day, and whether or not we fight with you all depends on you treat us throughout this process.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

so where is this merge poll or you just trying to start a panic or something?

it is too late to save our servers now… too many people on the top 12 servers that retained their identity to vote (yes)… while the 12 guest servers doesnt play anymore to vote (no)…

poor us we dont have our homeland anymore… we got kick out against our will and sent to other world to fight for them instead… we refuse, we will hide like ninjas

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

The total opposite of ‘dead’.

Game is dead on EU, I guess NA must still be full of PPT heroes & karma trains.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Nope.

lol
i remember u

“stop acting that you know us”

having played alongside you, you rage in map chat. and here you are caps locking away.
having played against you, you pvd everything you can until you wipe once. then you end up in eotm.

now then… these are not server merges and anet is aware that the community is unhappy with the naming scheme. but overall, 8 months of dbl shrunk the playerbase too much for 8 concurrent matches to be necessary. the system of server linking is a way for anet to manually mess around with population balance, given a couple of other issues are dealt with before they seriously attempt such a thing (transferwagons, overstacked servers, naming).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

yes you are right i dont know you… my gosh another stalker!! you play alongside me to spy? then go enemy server to kill me?? so mean!! why are you creeping around anyway stalking me and stuff?!!! so creepy!!
you shouldnt be shy should have just talked to me, do you like me? at same time hating me or something??? im confused… why did you have to creep around and stalk me like that?..
“Insanemaniac”… what a scary name for a creepperr!!! you better not come into my house!! I have a dogie that will attack and rip you to pieces!!…(you must not know that its a small cute puppy)

more haters/stalker/creeper replies!! poor me..

I am really nice and sweet if you get to know me…
be warned, I can be your toughest enemy also..

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Just waiting for them to make new servers, so I can move there. That’s really the only way to get my bl pride back at this point….a new server.
Camp REfoooogeeee needs to go.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

The total opposite of ‘dead’.

Game is dead on EU, I guess NA must still be full of PPT heroes & karma trains.

It is during EU time

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yes you are right i dont know you… my gosh another stalker!! you play alongside me to spy? then go enemy server to kill me?? so mean!! why are you creeping around anyway stalking me and stuff?!!! so creepy!!
you shouldnt be shy should have just talked to me, do you like me? at same time hating me or something??? im confused… why did you have to creep around and stalk me like that?..
“Insanemaniac”… what a scary name for a creepperr!!! you better not come into my house!! I have a dogie that will attack and rip you to pieces!!…(you must not know that its a small cute puppy)

more haters/stalker/creeper replies!! poor me..

I am really nice and sweet if you get to know me…
be warned, I can be your toughest enemy also..

no, i am not a stalker or a creeper. i just have a good memory. you arent nice. but its funny that you try to paint me as a bad person to deflect it from yourself.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

If they change matchups frequently enough and remove the server names entirely from WvW, you’ll see the server communities stay intact.

Instead of just spamming in map chat for everyone to join server TS, you’ll see people asking what server they’re from and sending more targeted and inclusive messages to get people involved in their respective server’s community.

Because if server populations themselves are the only thing consistent between varying matchups, then those people are going to be the ones you’re always going to be playing with.

Think about what’s different between old and current WvW.

Our forces are now much more organized, much more unified, and the matchups themselves are much more stable and balanced. This is what leads to stagnation and boredom.

If you eliminate some of that rigidity, and encourage players to join their respected communities rather than just being told to “get in TS, scrub” to be barked orders at by a guy leading 60 random other people, half of which may be from another server and thus may be volatile, people will move towards subcommunities/server communities they want to be with and will work towards securing the only stable community they have. For those who do establish a sense of community in the current semi-permanent linked way, come time to de-link the servers like they are now, the pseudo-permanence just leads to shattered expectations and fragmented sub-communities in the end.

If you go into a match knowing you’ll likely not see the same players again, or at least for a while, building communities becomes more personal and tight-knit.

This upholds profits for ANet by transfers for those who want to move to a community/guild, but prevents match-swaying via stacking; if a server/linked group is stacked, it’ll just get more opposition put against it, and such links can be broken and manipulated without anyone feeling substantial negative impacts on the community of WvW as a whole.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

How can guest servers become host servers ?

Dark Jean

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

If relinking happened this week, and we kept the 12 server host system, we’d most likely see the first guest / host swap in DH and Ebay. Where by Ebay becomes a host and DH becomes a guest.

It seems (atleast for the time being) if your server is 13th, there’s a very good chance you’ll see some flipping between host and guest, IF you can maintain your position before re-pairing. As for the servers below 13th, it doesn’t look very likely anytime soon. But honestly, it’s anyone’s guess how it works until it actually happens the first time.

As far as how your server reaches 13th place? It was tough before, and seems to be 10xs as hard now.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

I voted yes (from the bottom server in europe) because by this point I’d prefer getting merged into a server to the situation before links which was that there were barely any players left and we lost every week.

I think it’d be nice if there was a chance of a team being named for the smaller server depening on the proportion of players coming from this server, so if Gandara has 90% of players and Ruins of Surmia has 10% there’d be a 10% chance of the team being Ruins of Surmia+ rather than Gandara+ (which it’d be the remaining 90% of the matches).

I’d also prefer a solution where every world has a roughly equal population but to keep linking utill this is realised but as it was on the last poll my options were:
A: Go back to my dead server
B: Effectively transfer to Gandara for a period of time
And being that dead servers are no fun (to me) to play on the only possible answer was B.
It would be interesting to see the votes per server though (which I believe they referenced but didn’t release so far).

in WvW

Posted by: Shokunin.3675

Shokunin.3675

I think we’re failing to remember that alot of those quoted numbers on guild rosters are from literally years ago, and if they are still at those numbers probably only around 10% are really truly active…….

As for the WvWing now, it is somewhat a breathe of fresh air, there is a bit a loss on the server identity within WvW, but as a server with a small number a guilds, but with active cores, its been seen that both servers can identify what guild is on what server by now, so that identity has really only had a small dip before somewhat of a normalcy.

I cant speak for the majority of our active guilds, but with the [SM]+[GIT] militia we run which is a decent chunk of our fighters, the fights have been enjoyable. There are newly anointed commanders in training who have interest to learn.

DJ, to my understanding youve been away for a few moments since the linking. And knowing you, you probably have not visited the MAG ts for at least some form of coordination since you never visit your own server’s TS which most of us are actively using. If not even for WvWing, not even for being social with the rest of us who hang out in each others channels regularly.
Alot of us are content with what has happened and if you havnt noticed, we have also picked up 2 small but wonderfully active guilds to DR, not mag, they specifically joined us because they scouted us as a communty and saw that we’re for the most part nontoxic, teamworking, and for the most part, aside from a few individuals, mature.

before you go on your server pride rant like you always do, check yourself before you try to blather out things representative of the community when you yourself, without realizing, have grown apart from.

Taiyo Fu
Devonas Rest -NA – www.DevonasRest.net – Admin
The Steel Ministry [SM] – Leader & Commander

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Yes.. We dont play anymore duh

Dark Jean

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Sorry but we are different. A server that doesnt respect my fellow devonas players doesnt deserve our might.

Seriously they attacked us right on the very first day of merge and continues till now…
Some are nice to me i received only few insults on private whispers… but some are very mean to our fellow devonas rest members they harass Insults in public chat and whisper. I dont play anymore but it doesnt mean i dont visit and say hi to friends and ask how is WvW…

Dark Jean

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

About your TS problem thing i also stopped using it since after i got insulted there so no ty

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: Devils Toy.9205

Devils Toy.9205

About your TS problem thing i also stopped using it since after i got insulted there so no ty

or is it since the time your voice changer stopped working and everyone heard your male voice?

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

At some point servers have to be merged in some form or another or your 12 Honorable Servers will become 12 Dead Servers. Clinging to a bad idea for nostalgia does not make it a good idea.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

The real reason why he is complaining is because his server is paired with the most cancerous server in NA. Maguuma. LOL no one wants to be paired with them.

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Devils Toy.9205

The real reason why he is complaining is because his server is paired with the most cancerous server in NA. Maguuma. LOL no one wants to be paired with them.

No the real reason is because he can’t ktrain EB and run around calling himself the princess of DR with this linking.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Pure gold in this thread.
Thanks for the fun bathroom break xD

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

wow someone have big issues random hater being mean and hating again im so popular.!!! who the kitten are you anyway??? are you related to that devil hater? why all devil ppl names hating me and being mean?

oh yea devils toy go mind your own kitten i wasnt talking to you those reply wasnt for you, and you jump right in out of no where with a bunch of lies and trash to release trying to get attention and attacks me… uhm thats a bad idea it makes you look very stupid just like the other devil idiot that attacked me on the previous thread about the merge thingy….

see what i mean? Maaguma devil attitude right there!!!!! ughh its very mean this idiot forcing ladies to be men… wtf?? who cares anyway? why do you care so much if im a girl or guy? do you want me or something? or wanted to get to know me in real life?? well i dont want to get to know you!! i think you and that other devil person is the same… what happened to your other account??? it got banned? LOLLL

go get a life stop talking trash, lying and insulting other people out of no where… you are just trying to get the thread deleted or closed cause you are one of those jelly haters.. i am not going to reply more about this cause you are not worth it…

Dark Jean

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

Reality check: server linking is here. Here it will stay (for the foreseeable future).

The drama and arrogance in some of the above posts is quite comical and I agree with Letoll – there is pure gold in this thread.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

we should just rotate servers every reset. so instead of me being tarnished coast invader i would be kaineng next week. yay everyone gets a ride on the merry go round!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Devils Toy.9205

wow someone have big issues random hater being mean and hating again im so popular.!!! who the kitten are you anyway??? are you related to that devil hater? why all devil ppl names hating me and being mean?

oh yea devils toy go mind your own kitten i wasnt talking to you those reply wasnt for you, and you jump right in out of no where with a bunch of lies and trash to release trying to get attention and attacks me… uhm thats a bad idea it makes you look very stupid just like the other devil idiot that attacked me on the previous thread about the merge thingy….

see what i mean? Maaguma devil attitude right there!!!!! ughh its very mean this idiot forcing ladies to be men… wtf?? who cares anyway? why do you care so much if im a girl or guy? do you want me or something? or wanted to get to know me in real life?? well i dont want to get to know you!! i think you and that other devil person is the same… what happened to your other account??? it got banned? LOLLL

go get a life stop talking trash, lying and insulting other people out of no where… you are just trying to get the thread deleted or closed cause you are one of those jelly haters.. i am not going to reply more about this cause you are not worth it…

hmmm…little do you recall ms. princess of DR…I began my GW2 career on DR so I know all about you. In fact, sad to say, the first guild I was in was kYrO.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

He would probably be happier joining a k train server like sos. =]

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

we should just rotate servers every reset. so instead of me being tarnished coast invader i would be kaineng next week. yay everyone gets a ride on the merry go round!

hi kaineng!! miss playing with you guys… i hope anet will give us the chance for that to happen again….

Dark Jean