missed the boat on this...

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I main necro, cause you know I’m a man with testosterone, and decided to play a bit of Mesmer tonight just for the hell of it.

Why do you get marked if a 50+ man zerg takes your hills and you’re just trying to help your itty bitty little 20 man zerg and hide?

I was marked for close to 5 minutes and tried stealth but that didn’t work. I may have missed it long ago but is this a new thing?

Kinda benefits the larger server and screws the little guys and roamers if you ask me. Just stupid…..

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

You can still hide in smc. It became tiring hunting for mesmers all the time in keeps but you can still do it in towers and smc.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Porting an entire zerg into a structure and avoiding the siege process is not something that needs to be encouraged, throwing around numbers as if this was only used by smaller or outnumbered groups is not going to fly because this tactic was used by blobs and small teams alike. This simply discourages a lot of defensive/offensive play and encouraged ktraining by allowing groups to constantly flip structures back and forth to quickly. Not to mention the absolutely tedious and frustrating chore of having to search for mesmers who just perma stealth everywhere, people get annoyed having to do this constantly when taking something. If you just took a defended t3 keep and take your force to attack something else or fight an enemy group, it would be pretty frustrating when that keep would get backcapped because there was a mesmer inside who simply ported allies back inside bypassing any need to siege the structure and flipped it back denying your side any points.

It is still possible to do, like mentioned above it doesnt apply in towers and smc, its just harder to do in keeps.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s a feature introduced with DBL simply cause keeps were to big and it is very easy to hide in them without stealth. However it should not made it to alpines, its already easy to sweep em.

Btw theres a smal spot at bay cliffs (ne), if u stand on the lip the marked won’t pop there.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Eh it divides the good mesmsers from the great ones. I am firmly in the former category, and working towards the latter.

If you can avoid being killed in 5 minutes (the show buff expires after 5 mins), you go back to being regular inviso-mesmer, after that the enemy gets apathetic and gives up. I’ve done it a couple of times, but not consistently — so it gives me something to work towards.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What, you want to slow down the k-train by making people sweep or stick around to defend things? What if the blob moves off without them?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Given the right skills and another mes friend or 3, 5 mins isn’t that long.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

It needs to be removed from the ABL’s entirely. Targeting made a twisted sense in the DBL’s because the maps were big and largely empty of players. But the ABL’s promote roaming and havoc game play, so Targeting should be removed from the game.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Eh it divides the good mesmsers from the great ones. I am firmly in the former category, and working towards the latter.

If you can avoid being killed in 5 minutes (the show buff expires after 5 mins), you go back to being regular inviso-mesmer, after that the enemy gets apathetic and gives up. I’ve done it a couple of times, but not consistently — so it gives me something to work towards.

I fall more into the category of really bad mesmer, which is why I never play it

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

As much as some people (especially mesmer players) have gotten used to hiding and porting as a standard tactic, Anet originally introduced the stealth trap to help mitigate what was largely seen as a problem. Five mins of Targetting is better.

There’s no way one or two players should be able to bypass the siege process for their side so easily, or suck up a large amount of time for a lot of players just to get them out.

If you’re a mesmer and can survive five mins of Targetting, well maybe that’s a fair gauntlet to run in order to justify the ol’ “stealth and port”.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I fall more into the category of really bad mesmer, which is why I never play it

Only way to get better is to play it more

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ve survived the 5 minutes as a necro several times. It turns out it’s significantly less useful to be inside two walls as a necro than a mesmer.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I’ve survived the 5 minutes as a necro several times. It turns out it’s significantly less useful to be inside two walls as a necro than a mesmer.

Yeah was thinking of just sticking to my necro and being a ninja jerk.