night protection guild buf for tower-keep-sm

in WvW

Posted by: NINJAWARRIOR.2376

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

Allot servers dont have a night team protecting everything and recapping or attacking.

So my suggestion is make a guild buf for towers-keeps-sm, when claimed by a guild who have this buf it will activate only from 24:00 till 8:00 and then dissapears.

I think it will be nice if it add special wall cover/shield around outerwalls and gates, this can only be destroyed by siege weapons, and this shield have the same health as a maximum wall, but cant be repaired with supply, but to keep it fair it repairs it self once each hour.

And a extra lord and extra guards at lord so its 2 times harder to get at night.

Because its harder to get at night i think its also nice to double the rank points for capture a tower-keep-sm at night when it have this guild buf.

This will change the gaming experience for players at night, and probely make it more fun to play at night also.

And to make it not to easy to make this buf i advise to make it a bit expensive to make.

Thanks for reading this i hope this helps w vs w for the future.

(edited by NINJAWARRIOR.2376)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Or instead of putting it behind what would probably be a 3000-4000 gold guild upgrade (come on, you know that would happen with this suggestion), at least for EU they could just close all borders during the night and only count PPT from EB. Focused fights for nighttime players and a substantially lower score potential even if a server take entire EB.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Guys, as much as I would love servers to be locked down at night time, I don’t think Americans would appreciate Australia being the only time zone…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzle.8031

Nozzle.8031

or why should us EU daytime players have privileges over anyone else’s timezone? what is prime time for us isn’t prime time for others, it is what it is, if you dont have players playing at what is our night time that is just unlucky cant have 1 rule for one and another for others

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

or why should us EU daytime players have privileges over anyone else’s timezone? what is prime time for us isn’t prime time for others, it is what it is, if you dont have players playing at what is our night time that is just unlucky cant have 1 rule for one and another for others

Why? Because the server clearly states that it’s an EU server when you choose it. That’s why.

But whilst I’m not entirely in agreement with the OP, I think he has an interesting idea in a “vulnerability window” like the Crowfall devs have talked about.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

No thank you, change server if u play during nights and want ppl to play with.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

inb4 1 server blobs around claiming structures as they cap and making it impossible for other servers to even retake things for the next 8 hours… every 8 hours.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

It’s a recruiting problem for your server and nothing more. Why not have that (your idea) during prime time when things are being fought over? Or just open WvW from 6pm EST to 10PM EST then shut it down so no one caps your stuff. Closed on weekends, cuz, you know, things get flipped on weekends a lot. Your prime time is not everyone else’s prime time. WvW is 24/7. Get used to it.

This topic has been brought up before, numerous times. People like to call it “night capping”. But where ever it is night on planet Earth, it is day somewhere else. This was my response from a post 2 months ago:

What do I call it? I call it, “People Playing GW2 WvW When They Want”.

YOUR prime time may not be THEIR prime time. That was my point.

“Low population rules” would pander to…. just who exactly? So points they score aren’t equal in value to points you score? Please explain how that levels the playing field and adds incentive for people to play in the hours deemed unfit for equal points?

in WvW

Nozzle.8031

Why? Because the server clearly states that it’s an EU server when you choose it. That’s why.

But whilst I’m not entirely in agreement with the OP, I think he has an interesting idea in a “vulnerability window” like the Crowfall devs have talked about.

So i happen to know several people that live in EU and are on EU servers and due to real life circumstances there play time is not EU prime time, now they aren’t allowed to play exactly same way as we all are just because you have gone to bed? seems fair….

as others have stated, if your server doesn’t have a “night-shift” that is just unlucky for your server or any others that don’t.
And also being in EU servers it does not state anywhere you HAVE to play a certain time to contribute to your servers score

(edited by Nozzle.8031)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just put this buff on every time i log and go to sleep. Thanks in advance!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

So i happen to know several people that live in EU and are on EU servers and due to real life circumstances there play time is not EU prime time, now they aren’t allowed to play exactly same way as we all are just because you have gone to bed? seems fair….

as others have stated, if your server doesn’t have a “night-shift” that is just unlucky for your server or any others that don’t.
And also being in EU servers it does not state anywhere you HAVE to play a certain time to contribute to your servers score

So some entire servers have to suffer because a few people on nightshifts want to PvE all of the the maps. Seems fair.

/facepalm

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

So some entire servers have to suffer because a few people on nightshifts want to PvE all of the the maps. Seems fair.

/facepalm

We need a morning protection and early afternoon protection too.

in WvW

Nozzle.8031

Seems to me that the guys that want this are only the ones that their server has 0 coverage at nighttime, ive been on both ends of it, if it bothers you that much move server instead of stopping other peoples playtime just cos you want to go to bed.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Why should somebody who has a time zone play on a server that is completely different. We all have our own life’s, people work different times, that’s fine. It’s when you get people from the merica or another out of wack time zone play on something like eu for cheap wins.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.6483

Alex.6483

Imo there are 3 “groups” if you will in wvwvw:

1. Zergs
2. Guilds
3. Roamers / individuals

Non of these groups should be punished for introducing buffs and/or nerfs for their respective choice of gameplay in wvwvw or timezone.

The only way to find balance therefore is between the number of people online at any given time between the 3 opposing servers.

Therefore the only way to balance imo would be to buff towers/camp/structures/Guards etc. based on increasing or decreasing % depending on the number of people online in a wvwvw match versus the other team at regular intervals, let’s say 5 min for the sake of argument.

An example where this went wrong was with the introduction of dragon banners as this does not benefits all “groups”

(edited by Alex.6483)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Therefore the only way to balance imo would be to buff towers/camp/structures/Guards etc. based on increasing or decreasing % depending on the number of people online in a wvwvw match versus the other team at regular intervals, let’s say 5 min for the sake of argument.

5m is too short and encourage timing pop stacks. Better with a longer period that players cant really control. Example:

- Every 1 or 2 hours current WvW pop is compared to total capacity
- Three stages: < 33%, >= 33% and <= 66%, > 66%
- All PPT scale from 33% (low), 66% (medium) and 100% (high)

in WvW

Posted by: NINJAWARRIOR.2376

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

Hi all ty for allot vieuws and responses, i just wanna say i did write the buf can only be active from 24:00 till 8:00 after that the server must remove it and deactivate for activation till 24:00.

So there isnt every 8 hours a buf only pure between 24:00-8:00.

Normaly players sleep at those hours.

Some one made a suggestion closing w vs w at night, i dont think any one wants that so thats why i think its better to make it those hours hard to take stuf when it have a guildbufs for that activated.

I played allot on top servers and also played on allot low ranked servers, and they do there best with lower numbers but the most low ranked servers dont have players for the night, or not enough to defend and hold. So for those servers i want to see it more fair to play.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

it’s always 5:00 somewhere bro, sit back, relax, and enjoy a cold one

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Why should somebody who has a time zone play on a server that is completely different. We all have our own life’s, people work different times, that’s fine. It’s when you get people from the merica or another out of wack time zone play on something like eu for cheap wins.

What about German/French/Spanish people living abroad? Do they have to join international servers because they live in a different time zone? Maybe they enjoy being surrounded by people who speak their mother tongue during their free time.

What about people working different shifts, people who can’t sleep, people who just prefer being awake at night and so on and so on. Do you guys want to punish them all with stupid buffs or even lock them out of the borders simply because you are not online at night?

If it bothers you so much that your server doesn’t have a night-shift, go do something about it instead of trying to mess with other people’s habits. Tag up yourself or go recruit someone to do it for you, it’s not that difficult.

(edited by volpenvieh.3201)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Ugh no.
Aion had vulnerability windows, it’s basically a scheduled blob war.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

/facepalm

If your entire World can’t muster a defense against “a few people” then your deserve to lose. WvW is a 24/7 game mode. Being EU or NA doesn’t negate that it’s a 24/7 game mode. Do I need to say it’s a 24/7 GAME MODE again???

… 24/7
… 24/7
… 24/7

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Lol everyone wants their servers to have lockdown for when ‘they’ go to sleep and aren’t active on the servers. Having someone say their timezone is more important than others though is the kicker. You are selfish.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Quit your day job and get a night job so you can help stop them night cappers that are probably playing during their daytime..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel