node nerf ?

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: scureuil.4052

scureuil.4052

why nerf the nodes in wvw ?
longer time to repop, and half the quantity than before…
Are we so rich in wvw that you need to reduce it ?

At least, announce it in the path note

Jade Sea [PHX]

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

When PvEers complain that PvEing is too hard, Anet nerf elite requirements from 400 to 250 points and shuffle hero challenges so that getting those 250 is a piece of cake.

When WvWers complain that WvW is broken beyond belief due to the new map and autoupgrades… Anet stealth nerf gathering nodes so that WvWers cant get too much monies.

Priorities mate. Did we honestly expect anything else? At least arrowcarts havent been buffed yet. I think.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Mining nodes arent even worth the time it takes. I’ll rather have them buff the WvW loot bag drops instead. Good servers shouldn’t spend their time at mining anyway.

Mining belongs to PvE where ppl like doing boring stuff.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

All the threads in the WvW forums and this is what they choose to look at.

Jesus H Christ.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

When PvEers complain that PvEing is too hard, Anet nerf elite requirements from 400 to 250 points and shuffle hero challenges so that getting those 250 is a piece of cake.

When WvWers complain that WvW is broken beyond belief due to the new map and autoupgrades… Anet stealth nerf gathering nodes so that WvWers cant get too much monies.

Priorities mate. Did we honestly expect anything else? At least arrowcarts havent been buffed yet. I think.

And only needing 250 Hero Points as opposed to 400 doesn’t help WvWers who just want their Elite spec?

Ok.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

This was the big plan they had for WvW that wouldnt fit in the xpac…

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

yea seriously wth did u nerf the nodes is this one of the things “lets slowly kill off wvw” at least bring the nodes back cause that keeps some of the people in wvw there.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

They’re trying to reduce the amount of PvE in WvW, and now everyone is yelling at them.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

They must have hit quota on never ending mining tools! Time to nerf that pve crap down!

node nerf ?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

And only needing 250 Hero Points as opposed to 400 doesn’t help WvWers who just want their Elite spec?

Ok.

What changed to make regular classes obsolete in large scale WvW warfare? Oh thats right – pretty much nothing. We could have happily played GWEN until GW2 shut down.
Either way everyone would have gotten their elite sooner or later. Hell they could just had let us trade stupid spoons for hero points.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, of all the things to waste time on…. really now.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I’d kill someone with one of those spoons for the opportunity to trade them in.

I love me some monies, but I’ve come to accept that WvW isn’t about the monies, it’s about the foights. (Although gold is always nice, just not when it interferes with ramming others against blunt objects, or sharp ones if that’s your thing)
Good on them for half realizing that, but the priority list does seem quite out of whack, maybe it’s the simple and easier to implement things first? Maybe that’s too hopeful.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Seriously? This is what you are complaining about?
Many many many people cried that these nodes would just encourage PvE gathering instead of fighting. Tweaking those numbers surely didn’t take more than 5 minutes.

It really doesn’t matter what anet does. You will always be crying in the forums. Jump off the hate train kitten .

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

It really doesn’t matter what anet does. You will always be crying in the forums. Jump off the hate train kitten .

This is my big problem. People say ANet isn’t addressing the “major” WvW issues, but no matter what they address, someone else will pop on and talk about how they haven’t addressed their own personal “major” issues. A few others pop on and make other threads for the same topic of things not addressed, then someone else says “look at all the threads on this topic, how is this not fixed yet, people really want this”.

Of course there are some well-founded arguments and complaints posted on the forums, but in general it is a nightmare around here.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Of course there are some well-founded arguments and complaints posted on the forums, but in general it is a nightmare around here.

To be fair, the nightmare is one fully earned by the effort level Anet has put into WvW issues going back a long time.

Of course much of the complaining is over the top, just like some of the white knighting is laughable, that’s the nature of the forums. But honestly, no one could say with a straight face that as the developers were releasing all of the WvW changes with HoT they were really thinking “This stuff is going to improve WvW and be more fun”

They’ve already essentially admitted as much. We’re all waiting to see what they do now that the focus is supposedly on WvW. Sadly, they’ve made they’re situation extremely difficult because the things that are very hard to change (the map) are arguably the biggest problem.

We’ll see, hopefully they do a good job with their WvW review and make substantial, positive changes. In the meantime, its pretty fair for people to take them to task for what has happened to date.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Many many many people cried that these nodes would just encourage PvE gathering instead of fighting. Tweaking those numbers surely didn’t take more than 5 minutes.

You are free to point out the “Many many many” people that did complain about the nodes.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

On the bright side, I got flax from a node earlier. Pretty sure that’s new.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So many people that I didn’t see 1 complaint.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is my big problem. People say ANet isn’t addressing the “major” WvW issues, but no matter what they address, someone else will pop on and talk about how they haven’t addressed their own personal “major” issues.

But this wasn’t a major issue.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

node nerf ?

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

This is my big problem. People say ANet isn’t addressing the “major” WvW issues, but no matter what they address, someone else will pop on and talk about how they haven’t addressed their own personal “major” issues.

But this wasn’t a major issue.

You’re welcome to point out the part of my post that mentions this was a major issue. You inferred that, and your inference is wrong.

I’m saying no matter what ANet does, someone will be here to say “Omg, why did you do that? You’re killing WvW”. No matter what. Even for your major issues.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They’re trying to reduce the amount of PvE in WvW, and now everyone is yelling at them.

Gathering material is not player vs environment. Placing all those shrines around where you kill npcs to get gimmick buffs is pve, placing the event in the middle where you have to kill npcs to collect the orbs to turn in is pve.

Now maybe if they didn’t hide wvw guild hall upgrades behind a material grind wvw players wouldn’t care, they never cared about it in the old borderlands.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Well, of all the things to waste time on…. really now.

Colin himself mentioned the issue of rewards and WvW and gathering nodes are a form of income for those in wvw or mean they spend less on their crafting. Even though this seems insignificant….when your cake has only one slice left, removing the cherry on top really hurts.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Name a source of money that has been buffes. Go ahead, i’ll wait.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Rednar.4690

Rednar.4690

I actually bought the tron set of gathering tools only because of this, very dissapointed of this nerf, I’ll have to think it twice next time I’m making some decision like this.

~Red Kvothe~
Kaineng Server
Leader of The Doors of Stone [DS]

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

We don’t care about those nodes.
But when you see that the south doly can’t reach the keep and they focus on those node ? Seriously ?
The south west doly die in flamme before going in UC.
The south east doly just don’t spawn at all…

And I don’t speak about the lag with the central event, all the complain about the auto upgrade or the missing WP.

About that they do nothing, but they change the nodes… Yeah… That’s probably more important…

node nerf ?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Name a source of money that has been buffes. Go ahead, i’ll wait.

Ironically, WvW. Loot drop chances is considerably higher now than the early times. Also, nodes themself is a major buff over low tier mats on alpine even if they nerfed it, lol.

Still find it stupid that this is their priority, given how farmable PvE areas are.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I can already see the reactions if they implemented auto loot:

“what do we want with auto loot if wvw is dead and we have nothing to loot? You got time for something like that but not to fix actual problems of this game mode "
Pretty much like that.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

Nerfing the nodes means PVE people don’t come to WvW to harvest. If they want to play the WvW game mode, then they are welcomed, otherwise they need to stick to EOTM for farming not come to our beloved BL/EBG maps.
I’m a wvw player and I very rarely harvest, most of the time I don’t even have the tools

So, IT’S A GOOD THING they nerfed the nodes

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I’d kill someone with one of those spoons for the opportunity to trade them in.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

It’s the wrong way to go about it. Find way to make WvW actually fight real enemies, instead of zerging around trading captured keeps with enemies to farm HP scrolls.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

node nerf ?

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

It’s the wrong way to go about it. Find way to make WvW actually fight real enemies, instead of zerging around trading captured keeps with enemies to farm HP scrolls.

People have all the opportunity in the world to fight each other if they want. If they don’t, then it says to me that people don’t want to. They’d rather avoid fighting people for PPT.

The other day I was attacking a camp, and an enemy whose world owned the camp came running up. I turned and started attacking him, and he just ran through to the camp, then ran away to go somewhere else.

I question how much people actually want to fight. I also question what you’d have to do to get them to fight. I guess make it so each person you kill has a 10% chance of dropping a random legendary weapon. That might do it for a while.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

yeah, don’t really want to fight when you have to run for 5 min to come back if you die…

node nerf ?

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

yeah, don’t really want to fight when you have to run for 5 min to come back if you die…

They have sPvP for that. If you’re a PvPer, you should always want to fight, because you’re making it so the person you just killed has a 5 minute run back as well, giving you time to take objectives.

Can’t have an “afraid to lose” mentality and expect a game mode to flourish.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

People have all the opportunity in the world to fight each other if they want. If they don’t, then it says to me that people don’t want to. They’d rather avoid fighting people for PPT.

The other day I was attacking a camp, and an enemy whose world owned the camp came running up. I turned and started attacking him, and he just ran through to the camp, then ran away to go somewhere else.

I question how much people actually want to fight. I also question what you’d have to do to get them to fight. I guess make it so each person you kill has a 10% chance of dropping a random legendary weapon. That might do it for a while.

perhaps we all have slight variation of what “WvW” should be. To me fighting actual players not CPU AI mobs is part of that experience. Maybe after 3 years I have to admit Anet just cant deliver on that experience and always will try to force PvE into WvW, which explain why the main focus has always been the PvE side of things. Leaving WvW content with HoT is released is pretty much as clear as day on what’s important to them.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I’ve put in about 2,200 hours into this game and about 1,700 of those hours have been through WvW and I have to say I absolutely hate the new maps, but honestly that node nerf does suck if you think about it..sure It brought PvErs into our maps but at least it brought players to fight now it’s completely dead.

node nerf ?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I’ve put in about 2,200 hours into this game and about 1,700 of those hours have been through WvW and I have to say I absolutely hate the new maps, but honestly that node nerf does suck if you think about it..sure It brought PvErs into our maps but at least it brought players to fight now it’s completely dead.

Haven’t come across a pver on nodes that would try to fight back.

I saw the nodes as a reward for those that scout in towers/keeps but the thing is, they were a pretty good reward for everyone who just ran by. UW had most of EB this week, could just run around in circles, ignoring SM and the nodes refreshed by the time I finished one round.

They should make the nodes refresh rate based on time spent in their proximity.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

node nerf ?

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

Haven’t come across a pver on nodes that would try to fight back.

I saw the nodes as a reward for those that scout in towers/keeps but the thing is, they were a pretty good reward for everyone who just ran by. UW had most of EB this week, could just run around in circles, ignoring SM and the nodes refreshed by the time I finished one round.

They should make the nodes refresh rate based on time spent in their proximity.

I was actually waiting for the first bot train to show up doing this.