not happy

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: graycat.7394

graycat.7394

I do not understand why ‘ArenaNet not alerts 30 minutes before the new update, people are looking to build a rational game and all are thrown out, losing’ every siege and so much gold ….
not ’hard to tell before and shut down the server on the fly as WVW ago ArenaNet.
This makes the game unplayable in these conditions ….
this is not ’serious with regard to players who are looking to have a structured play

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

we just got to 1% on a reinforced tower when the new build came up.
when we got back, gate was full and others were allready attacking our keep.
GOOD JOB ANET!!!!
you are seriously starting to piss off the majority of your community…

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Effsee.1583

Effsee.1583

I totally agree. This isn’t even the first time I’ve seen this happen. The warning is way too short, you can’t warn people that everything is going to shut down in 4 seconds or less. People do spend much time and money in sieges and such only to see all of their efforts go wasted. I mean, even just a 30 minutes warning would be appreciated, a longer one you see. I’ve already lost lots of trebuchet and an Omega Golem, not even refunds for all the efforts are given. This is really a shame, I can’t take this game’s developers seriously when situations like this one occurs almost two days a week.
Please try to fix this problem, because it is a serious and annoying one, not to mention it makes you lose the passion for the game itself.

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

-
Signed

CG

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: johny five times.9320

johny five times.9320

gems cost real world money
gems can be traded for gold
siege costs gold
so people could very well be losing their hard earned for the sake of an hours warning and, for that reason alone, I agree.

Slightly Viking – Representing Champions of Aurora [CoA]

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

So serious post and raised issues that can not and shall not be ignored by AN people who is willing to help out Community satisfaction and make GW2 an even better game

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Lofty.8759

Lofty.8759

I do not understand why ‘ArenaNet not alerts 30 minutes before the new update, people are looking to build a rational game and all are thrown out, losing’ every siege and so much gold ….
not ’hard to tell before and shut down the server on the fly as WVW ago ArenaNet.
This makes the game unplayable in these conditions ….
this is not ’serious with regard to players who are looking to have a structured play

Okay, lets drop everything and do what you want.

Cool stuff.

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Kalemar.4873

Kalemar.4873

I was not online today so I don’t know about the circumstances but I’ve been online and seen alerts giving an hour notice for down time. The alerts are not that frequent though so could be easily missed.

How long were you online for?
Is it possible that you missed the message?

This information may help ANet improve their alerting. Maybe they need to send out an alert every 10 minutes (which I’m sure could be automated) for the hour leading up to down time so everyone knows it is coming.

Kalemar (80 Guardian) [COTD]
Tarnished Coast

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I was in for a couple of hours, the warning was <5 minutes.

I too have lost an Omega to this. It really sucks. Now I will only build Omegas in a keep.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i don’t need a long warning. the 3 minute warning about new builds is fine with me. the “WvW is shutting down……. NOW boot” leaves people in the lurch. 3 minutes gives them ample time to finish whatever they’re doing, and be ready for it. an identical count down system to the one that’s already in place for new builds would be perfect.

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Kalemar.4873

Kalemar.4873

I was in for a couple of hours, the warning was <5 minutes.

I too have lost an Omega to this. It really sucks. Now I will only build Omegas in a keep.

Ok. That’s no good. I can understand that some times unscheduled outages may occur, but for controlled outages, prior warning needs to be given.

Kalemar (80 Guardian) [COTD]
Tarnished Coast

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

They do it so you waste gold and hope you will get mad and buy gems with real money then in turn get gold.

Its a company, they only want your money.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

we lost a TON of golems and were on a multi map retake when it happened.. stuff happens its not personal and happens to all equally unsuspected. If no one had an advantage it is fair.

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Delusion.9543

Delusion.9543

I say start the warning half an hour before, and update every ten minutes.
“The servers will be going down in 30 minutes.”
“….in 20 minutes.”
“…in 10 minutes.”
“…in 5 minutes.”
“…in 3 minutes.”
“…in 1 minute.”
Bam. Six warnings with ample amount of time for people to get what they need done, done.

Dunno. Rift did it and nobody complained about the servers going down too fast unless somebody tripped over a cable :p

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

WvW’ers are the red headed step children of GW2.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

not happy

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Little problems can add up over time and you can lose customers as a result. This problem is an easy fix and should be address. Harder to fix stuff like bugs should be the little problems, not poor management decisions.