one "event" and again nothing for months

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I believe the title says it all, I find it unbelievably disappointing how little effort is made by Anet to even throw us the tiniest bone in WvW to break up the stale monotony of week after week of the same match ups, same fights, more and more players leaving… Now with less than 2 months to go before the release of HoT we can all be sure that any possibility of a “special WvW event week” is pretty much gone… very lame.
Sorry to be so glum, but they are almost certainly using the “OMG HoT! we can’t do anything else..” and then when the new map drops and it is a disaster of bugs and poorly conceived giant keeps and unwanted PVE it will be the same “OMG HoT! we cant do anything else… so many bugs”. But esports, oh yeah, well that’s important, can’t ignore esports….

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, because we all remember how much people loved the last special event they gave us to shake things up a bit…

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

To be fair the community reacted in a way that seemed they would rather play core WvW then have another special event. For all we know they might have had another planned but after the first one well poorly they decided to scrap it. The WvW community seems to complain about stale matchups but as soon as something changes it they complain as well.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

If you haven’t noticed, the rest of the game has been having the event drought as well this year, they seem to be putting all their time into the beta stuff and yeah spvp tournaments. Which I don’t think should be an excuse not to run the annual events like queens pavilion or wvw seasons but whatever.

The last event they did for wvw was a disaster, the next event would have to be god kitten awesome.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

What happened to bringing back ppk

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

Yeah, because we all remember how much people loved the last special event they gave us to shake things up a bit…

None of the “events” have been that bad, not nearly as bad as all the crying about them on these forums…. But again this is the the biggest problem with Anets design philosophy, they come up with ideas that they like, collect absolutely no feedback from the players, spend time making the idea work, release it. The idea fails because it wasn’t well thought out, players lash out at devs, devs go to room, cry in corner like spoiled children. Someone has to be the adult in the room, in theory, it should be Josh Davis, but of course he is “busy”.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I think the reaction was appropriate for that “event”

The golem event completely broke WvW. Events need to be things like implementing PPK and reducing the PPT for a week.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

plz we all know that WvW is totally PvE…

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

The last event was completly broken… Full of bug…. Please, I prefer no event that something like this…
And we have some PPK with the blood lust and when you finish the player.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

To be fair the community reacted in a way that seemed they would rather play core WvW then have another special event. For all we know they might have had another planned but after the first one well poorly they decided to scrap it. The WvW community seems to complain about stale matchups but as soon as something changes it they complain as well.

I would rather play core wvw and not have events that drastically disrupt the gameplay myself.

To me personally, until they can think of something like that, I can live without events with zero complaints as long as they strengthen the core gam, and honestly the demands being made to so call “break the monotony” are a bit vague. Suppose that PPK one again might be nice.

As for OP, what do you really want beyond more events? What should they contain?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

I would rather play core wvw and not have events that drastically disrupt the gameplay myself.

To me personally, until they can think of something like that, I can live without events, and honestly the demands being made to so call “break the monotony” are a bit vague. Suppose that PPK one again might be nice.

The problem with PPK is the effect is so minimal…. a “no rally” week would be interesting and provide some insight on how the current implementation effects gameplay. Everyone “thinks” they understand the mechanic, but in reality, none of us knows what the impact of not rallying would be. I think we could, as a community withstand one week of it as an exploration of how rallying works.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

To me personally, until they can think of something like that, I can live without events, and honestly the demands being made to so call “break the monotony” are a bit vague. Suppose that PPK one again might be nice.

The problem with PPK is the effect is so minimal…. a “no rally” week would be interesting and provide some insight on how the current implementation effects gameplay. Everyone “thinks” they understand the mechanic, but in reality, none of us knows what the impact of not rallying would be. I think we could, as a community withstand one week of it as an exploration of how rallying works.

I think that is an interesting idea though IMO with so much damaging around is going to make it pretty harsh. Although I am not sure of the withstanding one week part. I’m sure they won’t make it buggy would they… /stealths

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Of course! Either break the game or do nothing at all..at all at all.

At all.

/facepalm

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Shhhh … We are still recovering from the last one.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

“OMG HoT! we can’t do anything else..” a

Where have you been? It’s the same excuse they used 2 years ago, they couldnt work on WvW cos of the China release.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No. The community reacted the way it did because the event was extremely poorly conceived. Not only that, we warned them well beforehand it would be a terrible event but they didn’t care. Not only that, remember the Golem exploit they let run for the entire week and never even bothered to acknowledge, much less deal with.

in WvW

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

i liked the golem event, they should do more stuff like that, it was fun(not sarcasm)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

We had 2 events and tournaments. Pretty much every time we had them some people raged, quit, claimed they quit or refuse to buy xpac because of it.

Golem event was a tad too much but I enjoyed the other stuff we’ve had. I didn’t even expect the golem event since I figured they would all be working on HoT.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I believe the title says it all, I find it unbelievably disappointing how little effort is made by Anet to even throw us the tiniest bone in WvW to break up the stale monotony of week after week of the same match ups, same fights, more and more players leaving… Now with less than 2 months to go before the release of HoT we can all be sure that any possibility of a “special WvW event week” is pretty much gone… very lame.

On the last event you said :

It’ll be ok for a couple hours and then it just becomes even more monotonous.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

At all.

/facepalm

It was more like: Why would they waste time and resources on developing (while they are low on time and resources due to working one expansion) something that they know people will just complain about?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

And your point is? I assume you have some point here, as I cannot see one. I believe I was correct, but everyone survived it, the no white swords event was pretty good and the PPK was ok too.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The last event was just a ill advised mistake, that lasted for too long a duration and it just became something that people exploited, as they didn’t bother fixing an exploit.

If anything, they should try mixing up PPT, have PPK weeks and other changes to how you can gain Points.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

At all.

/facepalm

It was more like: Why would they waste time and resources on developing (while they are low on time and resources due to working one expansion) something that they know people will just complain about?

Yeah? They’ve been too busy with stuff and thangs for going on three years so business as usual then.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

And your point is? I assume you have some point here, as I cannot see one. I believe I was correct, but everyone survived it, the no white swords event was pretty good and the PPK was ok too.

I thought the point was fairly self evident.

they tried an event, and good, bad, or indifferent, the negativity towards it was overwhelming. Some of that negativity was from you. So it makes the request from those who displayed such negativity on previous events, hard to take seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If anything, they should try mixing up PPT, try PPK weeks and other changes to how you can gain Points.

Kind of bad idea. Idea is defend and cap objectives not try to get some pointless kills. EotM is place to be if you just wanna kill stuff.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Plz make your “special” events only at EOTM, in spvp, PVE or on any of those “special” places were casuals go. Leave our hardcore wvw free from casual things like that or your next even might just well call it:
THE MASS GW2 UNINSTALL

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

I thought the point was fairly self evident.

they tried an event, and good, bad, or indifferent, the negativity towards it was overwhelming. Some of that negativity was from you. So it makes the request from those who displayed such negativity on previous events, hard to take seriously.

well, your point is quite weak then, my comment was far more constructive criticism than negativity, it was correct and had anet listened thing would have gone better. some people have to be honest, we can’t all be anet yes people. frankly I find it difficult to take your comments seriously, but please continue

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I personally would rather wait for HoT release and then see if they hold true to their word about putting some serious time into WvW. I’d rather a fun WvW for the foreseeable future then a gimic event that would probably enrage the community because it was slapped together in 5 minutes.

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

well the rally mechanism is something that might seriously benefit with a modification of its function. a no rally week would probably be useful to determine how much rallying effects WvW combat and changing it could help to make things work better for everyone especially new players who are typically viewed as rally bots