other armor tier, need originais ones?

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Sorry if the title is not clear,

To be clearer, I have all the skins of the Triumphant Armor, for the other tiers, do I need the original part, or does a transmuted work?

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

I’m hoping they do it off unlock because that armor was from ~2 years ago

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

We don’t know.

Mistforged weapons you could buy straight up or upgrade to them later with a thing bought at same vendor. Weapons probably won’t change. I’m thinking for armor it might be achievement driven for merchant tab unlocks so maybe just skins unlocked? Just switch track over to that armor track and save boxes till Tuesday.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Yes, you will need the originals. Much like you can’t toss a Sunrise with a skinned Twilight and get an Eternity. Each item still is its original named item.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Jeremy F.8195

Jeremy F.8195

Do 18 times that path again, sure that will be very fun, 100 hours+ … I hope they do it over the unlock !

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

You will need to have the skin unlocked not the item itself. For example you will need to have the Triumphant Masque skin unlocked to be able to purchase the Triumphant Hero’s Masque.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeremy F.8195

Jeremy F.8195

You will need to have the skin unlocked not the item itself. For example you will need to have the Triumphant Masque skin unlocked to be able to purchase the Triumphant Hero’s Masque.

Thats great, thank you for the answer !

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Will this also apply to the tier 1 weapons because in the past you had to have the actual rare weapon to upgrade it to the tier 2 version.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the answer, McKenna. I’ve been holding onto the T1 Exotic armor all this time just in case for this moment. Time to MF gamble!

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Thanks for the answer, McKenna. I’ve been holding onto the T1 Exotic armor all this time just in case for this moment. Time to MF gamble!

What do you hope to get from mystic forging exotic armor? because unless I’m missing something it sounds like a bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Occasionally you’ll get back armor pieces that are worth a fair bit. (Mostly crafted armor that can sell for 5g+). Basically, it’s gambling by another name. You could also salvage the Exotic armors directly in hopes of getting Ecto + Dark Matter, but not all Exotic armor pieces can be salvaged. (I forget if the Triumphant sets fall into this category.) I occasionally get Exotic armor pieces that can’t be salvaged, but CAN be Forged, and so I like having a few spare Exotic pieces that I got for free to throw into the Forge to make up the last spots.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

This is really good news.

Luckily, I already have it all unlocked.