over due suggestion

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

We need a title track and wxp for refreshing siege.

Each time you refresh some siege you get some karma, xp, and wxp. Refresh x-amount of siege and get some flashy title and a reward chest at regular intervals.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

So I just stand next to a cata and use/leave it for the entire day to farm that title?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

So I just stand next to a cata and use/leave it for the entire day to farm that title?

If that’s how you want to spend your time….

I think this is a great suggestion. Rewards defenders and makes it more likely that when you drop several gold worth of siege somewhere it won’t disappear if you get busy for an hour.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Baron Oakley.1539

Baron Oakley.1539

Unfortunately some people would just spam F next to a piece of siege to farm karma, xp, and loot. Then you wouldn’t even be able to use the siege when you needed it. (I can assure you they would be entirely unresponsive if you were to talk to them and ask them to stop.)

One possibility would be that if you’ve tapped a piece of siege you’ll get xp if someone else gets kills on it while you’re still on the map. (so there’s no incentive to spam re-tap siege, or build useless siege) But this could be difficult to implement at this stage in development. I’d definitely settle for a 2 hr timer though. A 1 hour timer is just too short – if I need to go get groceries for example that’s usually about 1h15 min by the time I get back. Realistically, neither of these changes is going to happen.

Tar Telemmaite
Northern Shiverpeaks – NSP Pride!

(edited by Baron Oakley.1539)

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

If that’s how you want to spend your time….

It isn’t, I was just pointing out the clear abuse/farm that can be done to get that title/rewards.. People who actively defend will get as much rewards as those constantly refreshing kitties?

The only reward I need is that by the end of the assault the tower/keep/whatever is still ours.. We don’t WvW to get rich, you know..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

So i like the idea but i can see WvW getting full of PvE loot farmers just spamming F on siege so how about you only get the reward if its only has 5 or 10 min left on the timer?

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

That’s what I was thinking Bo. Except I think 30 minutes or less would work. That’s enough time to prevent someone from just botting or spamming it but enough time so that its not cutting it too close to expiration.

That way if someone really wants to run around and only refresh siege for the title they’re actually helping the server.

And rams don’t count of course.

Only problem would be people building useless siege to refresh. But if you make the time factor in then they’re going to be less likely to do it.

over due suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Refreshing siege is not fun. Not even if you get rewards from it.

Maybe you are thinking someone else will do the refreshing if the reward is high enough. Some PvEers perhaps who are used to doing not fun activities. WvW maps would be filled with PvEers building ballista arrays in some remote corner of the map.

I would rather have siege always decay after 30 minutes – used or not. Of course defenders would need something to compensate: wall/gate health boosted, repairing automated and the alert system improved.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire