people think it's funny to camp jumping puzzle?

in WvW

Posted by: Queenie.3582

Queenie.3582

Usually see about 5-10 Crystal Desert camping the jumping puzzle at all times… what does this achieve for your team outside of a couple of ragefaces to people new to it?

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

it stops the other team from getting arrow carts and golems, which will be used to rake your face off later. its a brilliant , albeit annoying tactic.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Yes it’s hillarious. Especially since I personally hate people going to the jumping puzzle when kitten is going down!! :P

I used to take the orb to the jumping puzzle, and protect it with siege when we didn’t ahve a keep. Good times, GOOD TIMES!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

CD is just a bad server. [BEAR] and a few others camp the JP for hours.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I rather imagine protecting the jumping puzzle is the ‘wimps’ way out. Seriously- if you are totally dependent on chest loot for siege- you are going to lose matches regularly.

On SBI… been to EB puzzle one time… and haven’t felt the need to go back. Frankly- I hope more BG and JQ camp the puzzle… less defenders for their keeps/towers/camps.

The only thing you are being denied is a enhanced World bonus for yourself and your realm. You really aren’t denying others access to anything a tiny bit of effort can’t accomplish.

Admittedly- I still need to finish it for achievement/Wv3 completion…but otherwise- what a total waste of time and effort. More power to you.

It’s not like there are any points involved for holding/defending the puzzle… just random loot…

(edited by Dhar.6392)

in WvW

Posted by: xxHellBladexx.9163

xxHellBladexx.9163

the JQ should, imo, be a friendly territory, cause im getting really tired of CD enemies repeatedly killing me right as i get in. and the place is INFESTED with CD people, using traps and laughing away, like the happy campers they are. i dont have this problem with YB cause they just want to do the jump quest, get their reward, and get out, like me.

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

It was placed in a WVW area for a reason. Nothing comes easy.
I mean next week you guys complain that legendaries take too much effort so you demand they give you free ones.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

yes its funny, guild bill represent

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I fully expect when all I have left is jumping puzzle… I will be stuck going odd hours (like taking a day off work and going at 8-12am M-F or start server hopping to find one that doesn’t have campers (or at least campers that aren’t friendly).

That’s unfortunate… but that’s how it is.

Thinking camping is fine; but it would help if Siege was banned from jumping puzzles… the traps are plenty. Siege is overkill.

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Tarnished Coast participation in jumping puzzles is almost non-existent, hence you always see enemies there.

My tip is, dont ever go alone, bring buddies with you and you will have fun

in WvW

Posted by: xxHellBladexx.9163

xxHellBladexx.9163

well TC is busy with getting bases and stuff, which is cool cause their focusing on winning, but it would be nice to have a squad-size group in the JQ and wreck CD’s butt and then “camp” them

in WvW

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Tarnished Coast participation in jumping puzzles is almost non-existent, hence you always see enemies there.

My tip is, dont ever go alone, bring buddies with you and you will have fun

Myself and a bunch of others from YB are willing to leave TC alone as long as CD is gone. Theres about 20+ of them camping inside.

Its unfortunate that CD would rather camp a JP than help their server in WvW (They kinda need it right now)

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Leal.4973

Leal.4973

Do people find it funny to camp the jumping puzzle? Why yes, yes they do. And every time a thread like this is made on the forums, they find it hilarious.

in WvW

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

In all honesty, I’d love to see a gamemode something like what the WvW jumping puzzles end up being. One team needing to get to the “finish line”, while constantly having to outwit their opponents traps, and tricks.

It’s a lot of fun if it’s what you’re looking for, but when you’re just trying to get a chest full of badges, it can come off as frustrating, and a waste of EB player slots.

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Why do people complain about this? It is entirely intentional, by game design, to camp these jumping puzzles. Not only do they give loot that strengthens the enemy server, but one of them has traps built into them to screw up others. They are meant to involve a lot of PvP in them.

You went into WvW, which means you have knowingly entered a PvP area. Then why would you complain when you have to engage in PvP?

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

For me it depends on the server, I have no issue jumping along with invaders. If a server is blatantly camping it, then no more free rides for them.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

I rather imagine protecting the jumping puzzle is the ‘wimps’ way out. Seriously- if you are totally dependent on chest loot for siege- you are going to lose matches regularly.

On SBI… been to EB puzzle one time… and haven’t felt the need to go back. Frankly- I hope more BG and JQ camp the puzzle… less defenders for their keeps/towers/camps.

The only thing you are being denied is a enhanced World bonus for yourself and your realm. You really aren’t denying others access to anything a tiny bit of effort can’t accomplish.

Admittedly- I still need to finish it for achievement/Wv3 completion…but otherwise- what a total waste of time and effort. More power to you.

It’s not like there are any points involved for holding/defending the puzzle… just random loot…

The funny thing is that I usually see 25+ SBI campers every time I’ve gone into the EB JP the past week or more. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many BG or JQ camping it at a time and it usually is SBI who is there camping.

Also, the “siege denial” argument is really kittening stupid, as it barely costs anything to buy and anyone who actually plans on using it is likely not going to farm a kittening jumping puzzle for it.

Personally, I don’t mind campers as long as they aren’t wuss campers who use siege… I think it’s going way overboard to lay down catapults and arrow carts and siege should be removed from the JPs imo. If you’re going to camp, camp legitly. This goes for people on my server too (JQ), I’ve never put down siege in the JP and don’t help build it either.

Also, I don’t camp the jp because I can think of 100 better things to do with my time than to waste it griefing. I don’t attack people either unless they attack me first, and usually just take all my armor off anyway because I don’t want to pay for repair costs and want to show that I’m passive to anyone else on enemy servers who just want to finish the puzzle also.

(edited by Stephapanda.5804)

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Puzzle is in WvW and gives WvW rewards. Of course it is going to be camped. Silly to expect otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

You can stealth through pretty much the entire puzzle without having to worry about campers! Shameless self promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo2DAWy2W_4

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Topics like this are the exact reason that people camp the jumping puzzle. Carebears really don’t get how PvP works do they?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

I wouldn’t mind it half as much if combat didn’t slow you down. The jumps in the puzzles are done for your default speed, so being in combat means you can’t do the puzzle.
Which gets VERY annoying if the person you was in combat with leaves and you stay in combat indefinably afterwards.
Or if you fall in the dark room and take damage; the combat NEVER ends because you’re still close to the source of the damage.

Make combat “mode” last time instead of distance or remove the slower speed when in combat and it’ll be harder to camp the puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

It is actually very fun to fight in the jump puzzle. I dont see why people are upset about it being camped as it is located in a pvp zone?

If you are having trouble being crowd controlled in the jumping puzzle take stability and fight back but then again if you were willing to do that i guess you wouldn’t be a carebear and be complaining about pvp in a pvp zone.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

If you are having trouble being crowd controlled in the jumping puzzle take stability and fight back but then again if you were willing to do that i guess you wouldn’t be a carebear and be complaining about pvp in a pvp zone.

To be fair “taking stability” isn’t a viable option for many classes.

in WvW

Posted by: sinister.9216

sinister.9216

Yes. It is in fact funny to camp the puzzle.

I haven’t done so myself, but I do imagine it would be quite hilarious to hide somewhere high up and use a knock back ability to blast people off a platform and watch them fall to their deaths

Tywin Onassis – 80 Necro Mez Yar – 40ish Mesmer
Uri Nightshade – 50ish Thief
Sarugaki Hiyori – 80 Warrior – Blackgate [FEAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

put the jumping puzzle in an overflow que for people who are waiting. Why the fook is it in a PvP environment anway….

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m fine with the PvP in the JP, but people sitting at the top of the arena (especially Mesmers) who just spam their Phantasms or even build an Arrow cart just to keep people in combat so they can’t make the jumps, that’s kitten

People should ALWAYS have the opportunity to fight back. This isn’t the case inside the Arena.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I’m fine with the PvP in the JP, but people sitting at the top of the arena (especially Mesmers) who just spam their Phantasms or even build an Arrow cart just to keep people in combat so they can’t make the jumps, that’s kitten

People should ALWAYS have the opportunity to fight back. This isn’t the case inside the Arena.

get your own mesmer to fight back

in WvW

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

As previously stated, threads like this are the exact reason that its funny to camp it.
Face it, it’s always far funnier to kill someone that’s in a PvP area trying to carebear than it is to kill someone that’s there to take it seriously. Its the same reason that if I see someone going for a skill point, I’ll kill them over anyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

By the way, ArenaNet kind of encourages camping the jumping puzzle. Why do you think they put all those nasty traps inside?

A few more arrow carts, trebuchets, ballistas and catapults are only adding to the extra fun.

Don’t mind the traps. But the moment I see siege set up in the beast arena by the enemy team. I simply leave. And that isn’t fun for any one.

I’ve been the camper. No one made it pass me. So I pretty much know what I’m up against and the hopelessness of the situation.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You can stealth through pretty much the entire puzzle without having to worry about campers! Shameless self promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo2DAWy2W_4

Also that doesn’t work if you don’t have the glowing back piece from the mad king event to get through the dark room. Even if you do have it. If you come up against a smart camper that knows to spam arrow cart at the beast arena entrance for people in stealth trying to slip by. Your invisible trick is short lived.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Threads like this only encourage the campers. They enjoy doing it, and you complaining makes it even more enjoyable. Hell, I don’t do it any more and even I get happy from seeing these threads. Gives me the fuzzies.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I’ve never camped the jumping puzzle before, but based on these types of threads it seems like it may be an effective demoralizer so I think I’ll do a little today. People rage at getting killed in the JP, alt+F4, come on the forums to complain and theres all the less defenders for their keeps. Oh yeah, and I’m on CD.

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.2094

Rin.2094

Yeah, I’m in BEAR and never camped a jump puzzle (doesn’t suit my play style). But I do think Vayra has it right. They laugh and think it’s great fun running around and fearing people off.

If you have an issue with people camping, think of it as an extra castle that needs to be brought down. Bring your zerg and kill them. Sure they would enjoy it and you would win eventually and get your loot and enjoy it too. Win/win sitution…or…don’t go and ignore them. Do something else that is fun and productive and let the campers sit on their little pathway for hours by themselves in the darkness…Man that sounds exciting…

Crystal Desert — Keepers of the heart (Koth)

in WvW

Posted by: Selwynn.2758

Selwynn.2758

Uh, yes.

15Chars

Selene Swiftfire, Elementalist
Selwynn Swiftblade, Guardian
E m p ë r i u m [EMP] ~ J a d e Q u a r r y

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

Going to be honest, I find fighting in the puzzles detestable. Isn’t it enough that they frustrate the heck out of people without worrying about getting stomped?

Granted, going solo isn’t a good idea, but when a squad of enemies is camping above, waiting to screw you over, it makes you start to question their parentage, age, general demeanor, and sexual orientation. (That’s the nicest way I can put it. Not that I mean to offend anyone, but I hear these things frequently in voice chat)

On the bright side, people camping the puzzles means that there are under-defended Keeps and Towers.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’ve never camped the JP but I can see why people would find it fun. I find running down solo players and harassing enemy zergs fun. (Not like I can do much to the latter but being an annoyance is fun) In any case there are ways to get around campers if you know what you’re doing. Get an item with a constant glow effect like the Mad King Tomb or the Firey Dragon Sword (wish I could find a less exclusive example, not sure how the Citadel of Flame armours glow in stealth) and you can use that glow to get through the dark room without needing the environmental torches, and because of that, you can use all the fountains which grant 4 minute long stealth to get through the puzzle without alerting the campers to your presence. (I credit Wooden Potatoes with this info.)

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Why not just go take the keep of the team that’s doing the camping? That way they can’t get reinforcements down there, and if they die, they can’t get back in. Redirect a few more people after the keeps taken to wipe out the campers.

Problem solved.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

CD here. Based on the responses here (especially Hexgame, who is saying that we are a bad server while TC holds their hands the entire time), I think I will get together a group of people, a ton of superior seige and hold the JP for the next few days.

And it’s easy to say that CD are the ones camping it, but you don’t complain when your mesmers and a 20 man zerg of TC camp it because you are able to get in, get your seige and get out.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

CD here. Based on the responses here (especially Hexgame, who is saying that we are a bad server while TC holds their hands the entire time), I think I will get together a group of people, a ton of superior seige and hold the JP for the next few days.

And it’s easy to say that CD are the ones camping it, but you don’t complain when your mesmers and a 20 man zerg of TC camp it because you are able to get in, get your seige and get out.

Haha yeah, earlier today I put up some superior balistas in the EB JP along with catas and trebs from others. Provided for some excellent badge farming.

in WvW

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Personally, when I do the jp and I see a player from another server, I go stomp them. I find that in a 1v1 scenario my build decimates but throw me into a zerg and hohoho shoot arrows because running up to kill the enemy means you get killed!

Not much fun. So to that end I may end up just ambushing players on occasion in there for additional badges of honor.

in WvW

Posted by: Queenie.3582

Queenie.3582

Well, that was interesting. Had about 10+ CD players destroying any and all who entered the puzzle. Was a fun game of cat-and-mouse to get to the first invis without dying, easy to get the second, and by the time i got to the dark room the closest CD player who was a threat was leagues behind. Drop invis, run like a bawss through the darkroom, overtake cd players, use GS and horn/sword to speed up, there’s a mesmer up top, but i’ve already got my speed buff up to make the jump from the dome, home stretch now, he’ll still fight me, make it to the traps and set them off, and then get to the chest. That was exhilirating.

I see it could be funny to camp the puzzle, but I like the seige equipment (though it seems the treb is just for show…) but I’d like to use the boulder trap on someone… some day.