please no server xfers during league!

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

next time can it possibly be mades so that if you xfer during the season you negate all wvw rewards? or hell.. i dont know there has to be something you can do to prevent this from happening!

i find it pretty annoying that when things are so close and things are in BGS favor tons of our players and good commanders jump ship and go to BG to get the reward. to all of you that did leave jq for bg shame on you! and remember the only reason they took the lead to begin with is because they tag teamed us in round 1..

its not over yet! i hope we can catch up and teach you all a lesson

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That is already fixed.
You will get rewards based on the server you were on the first time you logged in after season started.
Not the server you are playing on at the end.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

really! awesome! well good then hope some of them didnt know this and it bites them in the kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

This really should have been addressed before Season 1 started. What is happening now is many people are leaving T1 due to the ques, and stacking on the discounted servers skewing the matches even further.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well the problem with transfers during leagues is, that u already know who u are facing and therefor place spies. so lets say u know next week u will be facing for example sor with your server( the server u started with and will get the rewards for).u can transfer a few players over to sor and sabotage the server to help your server with sabotaging and spying. then afterwards u transfer back. so there is a lot of griefing happening in leagues. anet should have locked the transfers for the leagues.
griefing and spying has been a problem. the people that transfer to a winning server arent gonna get much out of it as they will get the rewards for the server they started on.so no problem there.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

This really should have been addressed before Season 1 started. What is happening now is many people are leaving T1 due to the ques, and stacking on the discounted servers skewing the matches even further.

It WAS addressed before the league started.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They should have surprised with the leagues and locked the transfers as soon as it happened if they wanted something relevant to the situation back then. Instead they let guilds pick the winning server of each league creating even more differences between servers in the same league.
But hey, they want people to buy gems (with real money or gold, since buying with gold will drive the prices up).

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

What guild of more than 5 people has come to Bronze league from tier 1?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Please no more leagues!

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

ANet needs to stop transfers during seasons if there is another one to be. Anyone who transfers while the season has started, allow them into PVE and SPVP where the impacts of their presence won’t make a difference. The recruiting of guilds and such should happen before and after the season ends. At the end, perhaps eliminate the season altogether as it is a broken system that ANet could not figure out how to balance things out. Who likes playing in matches where they blowout the opponents by more than double digits? Nobody wants to play on either side. It makes matches boring. Shorter matches might help? Instead of 1 week, perhaps make it 3 days and it resets. 1 week of a lopsided match is too long to endure.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

next time can it possibly be mades so that if you xfer during the season you negate all wvw rewards? or hell.. i dont know there has to be something you can do to prevent this from happening!

i find it pretty annoying that when things are so close and things are in BGS favor tons of our players and good commanders jump ship and go to BG to get the reward. to all of you that did leave jq for bg shame on you! and remember the only reason they took the lead to begin with is because they tag teamed us in round 1..

its not over yet! i hope we can catch up and teach you all a lesson

I just knew this was gonna be a T1 complaint thread.

You guys stacked servers for leagues, and then complain when people transfer off?

And, people who transfered off of JQ for BG during the season, will still get rewards based on where JQ finishes, not where BG finishes.

Just think about how BG will feel when people transfer from them to you or SoR, or another server, once the season is over.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

well the problem with transfers during leagues is, that u already know who u are facing and therefor place spies. so lets say u know next week u will be facing for example sor with your server( the server u started with and will get the rewards for).u can transfer a few players over to sor and sabotage the server to help your server with sabotaging and spying. then afterwards u transfer back. so there is a lot of griefing happening in leagues. anet should have locked the transfers for the leagues.
griefing and spying has been a problem. the people that transfer to a winning server arent gonna get much out of it as they will get the rewards for the server they started on.so no problem there.

Nah, don’t punish legit players for the actions of a few. More people have transferred servers due to queues and other legit factors, than the few who have transferred to grief other servers. And, I haven’t heard of that crap really happening in Silver league, so it must be limited to a SoR, JQ, BG case. And, that is rather pathetic. Why do those 3 servers have to be the drama queens of WvW? Quit cheating, it isn’t really helping any of you win. Quit complaining that WvW isn’t fair when you are losing. It is really getting annoying.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

ANet needs to stop transfers during seasons if there is another one to be. Anyone who transfers while the season has started, allow them into PVE and SPVP where the impacts of their presence won’t make a difference. The recruiting of guilds and such should happen before and after the season ends. At the end, perhaps eliminate the season altogether as it is a broken system that ANet could not figure out how to balance things out. Who likes playing in matches where they blowout the opponents by more than double digits? Nobody wants to play on either side. It makes matches boring. Shorter matches might help? Instead of 1 week, perhaps make it 3 days and it resets. 1 week of a lopsided match is too long to endure.

Another person from t1 complaining. Why is that? I don’t really think that most of us below gold league really care about the transfers during seasons. I know, some of us benefitted from those transfers, and some of us didn’t. Some of us were victims of transfers. But, it was the same thing that has been happening to 21 of the 24 servers in NA during the course of the year.

You have a lot of our former guilds, and now you have the audacity to want to say that people can’t leave during the season. What about those people who transferred off your servers to lower tiers, because of queues and/or drama? Would you force them to stay on your servers, and be unhappy for 7 weeks, just to placate you? They bought the game too, and want to have fun. If they want to leave, then let them.

I also don’t see you guys actually caring about SoS, Mag, or TC. You don’t really care about anyone but your little trinity. Start thinking about WvW as a whole, so we can actually have the game mode for a while, and maybe even have it improved for the whole community, not just your trinity.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

God help us. Another QQ about tier 1. Getting a bit tired of JQ blaming BG for everything under the sun. Not our fault all the people who jumped on the JQ bandwagon months ago because you were stacked out the kitten have decided to move on to the next best thing. It’s the nature of those players and it’s been the same since the dawn of time.

#BlackgateSeason1WinnersBecauseWeF*&^ingEarnedIt

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

SleepingDragon.1596

Another person from t1 complaining. Why is that? I don’t really think that most of us below gold league really care about the transfers during seasons. I know, some of us benefitted from those transfers, and some of us didn’t. Some of us were victims of transfers. But, it was the same thing that has been happening to 21 of the 24 servers in NA during the course of the year.

You have a lot of our former guilds, and now you have the audacity to want to say that people can’t leave during the season. What about those people who transferred off your servers to lower tiers, because of queues and/or drama? Would you force them to stay on your servers, and be unhappy for 7 weeks, just to placate you? They bought the game too, and want to have fun. If they want to leave, then let them.

I also don’t see you guys actually caring about SoS, Mag, or TC. You don’t really care about anyone but your little trinity. Start thinking about WvW as a whole, so we can actually have the game mode for a while, and maybe even have it improved for the whole community, not just your trinity.

Another reader who does selective reading perhaps? Did you not see the part where I stated nobody wants to see or be in lopsided matches? Does that ring a bell for you? It implies that it’s no fun to play against the likes of SoS, Mag, or TC unless the matches are also more balanced. The way how ANet has been making WvW, it’ll never get fixed properly unless they merge EU and NA servers. There’s a lot of guilds and players who already quit the game. Truth be told, other than on reset, I don’t even bother with the matches much whether it’s being blown out or blowing the opponents out. It’s too lopsided to have any fun. I’m spending more time gathering and doing my dailies. And as far as victims, almost all servers are victims of transfers. I think the biggest victims was NS, HOD, ET, SBI and SOS. They once were powerhouses that fell and have yet to recover back into T1. A lot of the current T1 servers got the bulk of the guilds from those servers.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

Anet has to do more than stopping transfers. They have to stop transactions between players as well to make it fair. BG bought their way to first place. I’m seriously looking at the newer games for entertainment now…

They should have left WvW as it was. Ranking was based on ratings. Similar servers played eachother. Or remove any rewards associated with being first, otherwise the people who get the rewards can now brag amongst themselves, for the rest of us will just play another game.

in WvW

SleepingDragon.1596

God help us. Another QQ about tier 1. Getting a bit tired of JQ blaming BG for everything under the sun. Not our fault all the people who jumped on the JQ bandwagon months ago because you were stacked out the kitten have decided to move on to the next best thing. It’s the nature of those players and it’s been the same since the dawn of time.

#BlackgateSeason1WinnersBecauseWeF*&^ingEarnedIt

Actually, I can admit openly that there were a number of times I wanted to join BG because I knew they were capable of stacking the servers pretty good. Plus the fact that some of the guilds that are in BG were the same guilds that I’ve played with on other servers that I do respect. If there is a season 2, I seriously would consider it again if the rewards is worth it. Choices will be save and buy myself a legendary or transfer for reward that might be mediocre at best. I can’t be as dedicated of a player like some folks in WvW. I’m more of a casual player.

-S o S-

in WvW

SleepingDragon.1596

Or remove any rewards associated with being first, otherwise the people who get the rewards can now brag amongst themselves, for the rest of us will just play another game.

The way I see it is that if the rewards are to be given, all players who participated in WvW and completed their accomplishments gets equal rewards for their contributions regardless of servers or tiers. The rewards for being first, second and third on each of their respective league only gets like a temporary reward that distinguishes their rank/win until the next season. Then it disappears and starts all over again…

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

You can’t get the rewards anyways, but there still shouldn’t be transfers during leagues because of the potential for imbalance.

We all know of a certain server that ruined an already balanced leagues with their buying of a certain guild, let’s not let that happen in S2.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Or remove any rewards associated with being first, otherwise the people who get the rewards can now brag amongst themselves, for the rest of us will just play another game.

The way I see it is that if the rewards are to be given, all players who participated in WvW and completed their accomplishments gets equal rewards for their contributions regardless of servers or tiers. The rewards for being first, second and third on each of their respective league only gets like a temporary reward that distinguishes their rank/win until the next season. Then it disappears and starts all over again…

It is a competition. Not everyone will win. Period. Awards based on where you place, is just. Is the scoring fair? Yes and No. The reality is, the more people that you have 24/7 the better chances to win. Some of the servers have no chance of getting that first place award. Who cares. It still is a video game. Sure, people will be mad that they didn’t get first, just like any other competition. But, there will always be future seasons. Hopefully, something will be done about the scoring system in the next 6 months, or so, that makes it more competitive.

On the flip side, the reason it isn’t competitive is US. The players. We stacked the servers. We transferred from one server to another. We zerg, etc. We have, and always will, find a way to use the system to our advantage. Now, I never transferred, and a lot of people haven’t, but plenty of people have. Also, plenty of guilds have been “bought” as well. We can’t just blame anet for all the problems in WvW, when we cause a lot of them ourselves.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

You can’t get the rewards anyways, but there still shouldn’t be transfers during leagues because of the potential for imbalance.

We all know of a certain server that ruined an already balanced leagues with their buying of a certain guild, let’s not let that happen in S2.

This is the kind of behavior that I have been complaining about on these forums. I swear T1 servers live in a bubble, and think that they are God’s gift to WvW.

“potential for imbalance”

There was a lot of imbalance way before leagues even started, in the “lower class of servers.” Guess we all can’t be as good as the balanced 3 at the top. The reality is, your server, and the other 3 that live in the bubble, have gone out and recruiting guilds to your servers. This had lead to even greater imbalances across WvW.

And you have the audacity to act like a victim.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

This is the kind of behavior that I have been complaining about on these forums. I swear T1 servers live in a bubble, and think that they are God’s gift to WvW.

There was a lot of imbalance way before leagues even started, in the “lower class of servers.” Guess we all can’t be as good as the balanced 3 at the top. The reality is, your server, and the other 3 that live in the bubble, have gone out and recruiting guilds to your servers. This had lead to even greater imbalances across WvW.

A relatively small amount of T1 recruited guilds have come from the bottom tiers. It’s not like T1 took all your guilds. Most of these guilds have always been original guilds from that said server, or T1 guilds and simply hopped to the next T1 server when theirs died. The reason why there is imbalance in the bottom tiers is because the game is dying, and unlike the massive population servers, lower tier servers don’t have people to replace them. The only real imbalance of T1 vs. Lower tiers is the difference between rank 1,2,&3 to 4,5,&6, as someone thought it would be a great idea to match T1 servers with T2.

Keep in mind nobody in T1 didn’t want a league with 2 tiers in it. We wanted a league just for Tier 1 to keep it balanced.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

On the flip side, the reason it isn’t competitive is US. The players. We stacked the servers.

Speak for yourself. I bet you are in BG now. Was the money worth it?

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

On the flip side, the reason it isn’t competitive is US. The players. We stacked the servers.

Speak for yourself. I bet you are in BG now. Was the money worth it?

Been on SBI since day 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prove that they were bought and not offered assistance after they had decided to transfer. Prove how much was actually given to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

It WAS addressed before the league started.

What was done is a single water drop of what is needed in an ocean. People are still transfer stacking the already stacked servers, especially providing off-peak time coverage when none was present at leagues start really skewes the matches. See top server for each respective league both NA and EU for off-peak time data. You can view past off-peak and current off-peak coverage really easy on the mos sites.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

That is already fixed.
You will get rewards based on the server you were on the first time you logged in after season started.

Server transfers should be completely disabled during league time PERIOD !

simply limiting rewards to original server doesn’t fix all possible issues, like guilds transferring off their own server with the purpose to sabotage other servers effort while said server is fighting their original server.

example,

you belong to BS server and next week you’re fighting DD server you instruct some of your players to transfer over to DD server with orders to sabotage their efforts against BS server next week, supply drain, leaking commander positional information and so on.

Disclaimer:
server name abbreviations are totally random and fictional please do not attach any meaning to something that is totally coincidental in nature.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Prove that they were bought and not offered assistance after they had decided to transfer. Prove how much was actually given to them.

Whether they paid them money to transfer, or not, doesn’t really matter. The fact is that guilds have the right to transfer to any server they want to. So, who cares if a server pays them or not. I personally wouldn’t want to farm gold, just to pay for people to transfer to my server. Seems like a waste of time. But, that is a choice that other people can make, and if they want to do it, then that is their right. That is how they want to play the game, and it is well within the rules of the game.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

simply limiting rewards to original server doesn’t fix all possible issues, like guilds transferring off their own server with the purpose to sabotage other servers effort while said server is fighting their original server.

example,

you belong to BS server and next week you’re fighting DD server you instruct some of your players to transfer over to DD server with orders to sabotage their efforts against BS server next week, supply drain, leaking commander positional information and so on.

Disclaimer:
server name abbreviations are totally random and fictional please do not attach any meaning to something that is totally coincidental in nature.

So lets say I want to play PvE with my friends in NA, but I am on an EU server.
Should I not be allowed to play with said friends for 7 weeks because of the league, even if I am not interested in WvW?

As long as WvW is tied to PvE servers they can’t really limit transfers.
I suppose they could make it impossible to enter WvW after transferring during a season though, but that could also hurt certain kinds of people (such as people not liking their current match-ups and wants to move to another bracket or something like that, without really caring about the rewards).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The whole Leagues idea is a farce. The “winners” are predetermined by population/coverage. If you care who wins, you’re doing it wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

It’s only a select few jawbones in Tier one doing all the flapping. The rest of us know full well it’s just a coverage game. I’ve fought more talented people on servers like Yakks Bend, Maguuma and Tarnished Coast than I have in the current Tier one. It’s just numbers and coverage and when it finally dawns on you, the seasons and ladders mean nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That is already fixed.

example,

Disclaimer:

My idea is to just have it so if a person transfers to another server during the league, they cannot participate in WvW at all until the end of the season. There, we’ve fixed the problem.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

That is already fixed.

example,

Disclaimer:

I agree that server transfers either need to be disabled or if not that make it so that when players do enter WvW even after a transfer, they merely enter their original home server WvW. Matchups that were close in the beginning were really fun, but then players began moving around to be in winning servers and that just caused blowouts and took some of the excitement and fun away. One of the most fun WvW I’ve experienced (prior to the season) was when it came down to all 3 worlds being very close at the end and it was anyone’s game. Blowouts, whether on the winning or the losing side, are not very fun. I’ve been at both ends of it several times, and let’s face it…it was a yawn-fest. I’d rather have the matchups be equalized in someway, but unfortunately putting it in the players’ hands to do that is not like to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

What about servers from one one country?
Players/guilds from Dzagonur are winning a week so they are transfering to Drakkar Lake to support them.
And this way they are going to be first and second.

Servers form one contry should have their own League

in WvW

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

That is already fixed.

It is not fixed, two major guilds of ours jumped ship, (denying they were leaving until the last hour before leagues, now we have to fight them (because they are on opposing teams) with a 1/3 of the people. This league is a waste of time and doesnt show anything but how people jumped ship right before the leagues started.. Oh Good win :/ Not.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It is not fixed, two major guilds of ours jumped ship, (denying they were leaving until the last hour before leagues, now we have to fight them (because they are on opposing teams) with a 1/3 of the people. This league is a waste of time and doesnt show anything but how people jumped ship right before the leagues started.. Oh Good win :/ Not.

But when should they draw the line?
A month before league-starts?
As soon as the league is announced?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square