priorities? maybe change them.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

as of right now, the pvp world championship qualifier has less than a thousand views. whereas world vs. world probably has several thousand players active daily.
maybe it’s time to shift some priorities.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Well, by that reasoning maybe they should keep focus on PvE content since that has several thousands more players active daily.

o.o

In more serious-ness. If they allowed player base to more directly fund the game mode(s) each person prefers, then we might see more effort put into WvW. Maybe even with double gem compensation.

Or in other words, let the players speak with their wallets when/if they decide to purchase gems/things. That being said, 50% should be decided by the company…imo customers are right 50% of the time, and vice versa for the company.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

(edited by Chinchilla.1785)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Well, by that reasoning maybe they should keep focus on PvE content since that has several thousands more players active daily.

o.o

In more serious-ness. If they allowed player base to more directly fund the game mode(s) each person prefers, then we might see more effort put into WvW. Maybe even with double gem compensation.

Or in other words, let the players speak with their wallets when/if they decide to purchase gems/things. That being said, 50% should be decided by the company…imo customers are right 50% of the time, and vice versa for the company.

I can’t exactly get behind an idea that lets people who buy into a game make half of the decisions
that’s more or less the making of a much more plutocratic form of guild wars 2.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

I can’t exactly get behind an idea that lets people who buy into a game make half of the decisions

and yet, this original post is…

as of right now, the pvp world championship qualifier has less than a thousand views. whereas world vs. world probably has several thousand players active daily.
maybe it’s time to shift some priorities.

Am I to assume you would prefer players to make all the decisions (or set ANET’s priorities)? The vast majority will be for more PvE content, whether you like that or not.

Furthermore, the current system of letting ANET decide 100% doesn’t seem to appeal to you either by your original post.

What do you actually want, and more importantly what is the plan to get it?

that’s more or less the making of a much more plutocratic form of guild wars 2.

To be explicit, splitting it 50% isn’t plutocratic (imo, you’re either full plutocratic or not). Regardless, this is less about political systems, but more closer to fundraising. Does money have influence on decisions? Yes, ANET is a business after all. I did not state anything, anywhere that the ‘richest’ players will have full control (hence the 50% split). If that’s really such a worry, there can always be a cap to the amount funded.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

players already spoke with their wallets, they left WvW by the ten thousands even though everyone (still) agrees the engine makes for the best action combat currently available.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Dude…they have no work plan or priority list. I’m sorry but it’s painfully obvious there’s little to no effort put into wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

What makes the BBC great is that it makes a lot of content that ISN’T just about getting ratings.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.