pve vs. wvw

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: pariah.5093

pariah.5093

Anet says people want more pve when they wvw? They have it backwards, I want more wvw when I pve

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

That’s just NcSoft blowing smoke up ur…. The only metric NcSoft cares about is how to increase cash flow and milk this puppy to death. If they could figure out a way to get rid of everything except LA and still get your hard earned cash they would do it. Guess that’s what we get for buying a game from a company based out Korea. Hell they been trying to do hostile take overs of the larger gaming companies forever. Fortunately we still have a handful of US gaming companies that understand the old saying “A Happy customer is a paying Customer”. Long-live US gaming companies they’re our only hope.

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

Well, to be honest that would not really surprise me. I would estimate that active WvW population is a lot less than 33% of whole GW2 population. (Probably even less, after megaserver changes, and I would not be surprised PvP has even less population).

I’m on 2 guilds, one WvW focused and one that’s not. In the guild that’s not WvW focused, I’m practically only one out of maybe 20 active members that appears on WvW.

Also they pretty made sure that you have to PvE a lot – at least until you get all the upgrades back (You know, mostly the ones that we already had like claiming/+5 and so on – but that is a story for other thread), get the elite spec up (Yeah you can do that in WvW – but seriously that is weeks compared to doing 3-4 hours of PvE HP run).

I would happily accept that as a fact, and event more happily come to terms that WvW does not get a lot of updates – provided we are not screwed up with the ones we get.

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

That’s the problem. In the early days of Wvw reset nights on all maps were queue until the end of the night. The wvw population has been steadily decreasing for awhile with underwhelming updates. After HoT the hypetrain came to a end.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

That’s just NcSoft blowing smoke up ur…. The only metric NcSoft cares about is how to increase cash flow and milk this puppy to death. If they could figure out a way to get rid of everything except LA and still get your hard earned cash they would do it. Guess that’s what we get for buying a game from a company based out Korea. Hell they been trying to do hostile take overs of the larger gaming companies forever. Fortunately we still have a handful of US gaming companies that understand the old saying “A Happy customer is a paying Customer”. Long-live US gaming companies they’re our only hope.

Which is why I don’t understand all the people in these forums saying they’re going to Blade and Soul. Another NCSoft game. Look at the track record of NCSoft games, I doubt I will ever touch another one.

Tarnished Coast

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

RvR needs pve or its just an death match that simply goes on longer then most and will often end way before its “week” time will be done becuse simply running head long into other ppl becomes boring and pointless if there is nothing even slightly long term.

PvE is any thing that is out side of a realy person control or a pure AI / npc control effect. PvP is only a player control effect its not important what that effect is.
I have a feeling ppl are calling things “pve” more as a “i hate this so it must be pve” when its just an effect that a human can control or must control to do any thing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Which is why I don’t understand all the people in these forums saying they’re going to Blade and Soul. Another NCSoft game. Look at the track record of NCSoft games, I doubt I will ever touch another one.

The reason behind Blade and Soul being so popular in the west is probably the fact that the game is gorgeous with amazing gameplay. Also, it is an already established game where NcSoft (west) can’t kitten up. The content is already there, they just need to port it over here. Team Bloodlust are the devs of BnS, owned by NcSoft.

Also, Anet is the company doing the updates on GW2. NcSoft is just the owner.

For sure, if the game doesn’t bring enough cash to NcSoft, NcSoft will push the dev team to forward new contents or new ways to generate income. It is the law of business, a game doesn’t run on thin air, it needs money to thrive, unless your world is different than mine.

I’m going BnS since I love 1v1’s and small men roaming. I also know NcSoft won’t die tomorrow, it is a solid company in term of finance. The content is already developed, it just needs a western port. The game is still being updated in Asia and it is ranked #2 MMORPG. My second choice was Black Desert, sadly BD is not receiving much love in Asia and it result in the game only receiving a few minor updates (ranked 35th MMORPG in Asia). Basically, I know Black Desert will need a lot more income in the west if the game is to get major updates while BnS assure me a long term game investment.

In term of gameplay, BnS is more about roaming while BD is more about large scale warfare. BnS combat system is the best I’ve had to test so far (truly reactive and the most balanced). Black Desert got better graphics while the combat system is fairly decent, sadly many things can be spammed (you spam health potions on a 5 second cooldown leading to unbalanced pvp and you basically use the same 4 abilities instead of using all your skills). Gameplay should be even more important than the dev team and the owner behind the games, but if both are equivalent to you, you start digging background information like I do and this could help you make your final decision. This is a quick analysis of the upcoming games, feel free to do your own research

The next interesting games to be launched should be Crowfall, Camelot Unchained and Bless Online by the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017.

(edited by Phantom.5389)

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

The reason behind Blade and Soul being so popular in the west is probably the fact that the game is gorgeous with amazing gameplay. Also, it is an already established game where NcSoft (west) can’t kitten up. The content is already there, they just need to port it over here. Team Bloodlust are the devs of BnS, owned by NcSoft.

I looked at NCSoft’s page when I saw Blade and Soul. I saw two of their other games were Aion and Wildstar. Couple that with how GW2 is being handled (they have input in it, even if they’re not doing most of the work) I can’t believe that pretty graphics are going to be enough to make that game good. I wish you guys luck, but I won’t be trying it.

Tarnished Coast

pve vs. wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Well, depends on how you see a MMORPG viability. To me Aion and GW2 were success. They got me entertained from 2008 to 2012 and then from 2012 to 2016. 4 years is more than most other games out there. I do agree that Wildstar was a failure tho XD

WoW is the only MMORPG that lived way longer than any other MMORPG with a huge amount of players.

To evaluate a game is not simply a matter of looking at when it’s in it’s downfall (even if it needs to be taken into consideration), you need to look at the global image and think if the money you invested in the game was worth it. To me HoT was not, but GW2 was. HoT was too short lived for the price. It was a downgrade in my eyes and not an expansion. On the other hand, I played GW2 original game for 3.5 years, which is a great investment of money for that 60$ and then a few bucks on gem store.

(edited by Phantom.5389)