queue progression

queue progression

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Sorry if this has already been talked about…..the search engine sucks here, so I don’t even use it anymore.

So wife and I signed in tonight, got into the 40+ EB queue, and after about 25 minutes, got in. So we zerged around for a bit….then after 30 minutes or so, we got bored zerging and wanted to get on the bls. So, we got out and got into the 25+ queue for TC.

And we waited….and waited……and waited…..still at 24……..

So after 30+ minutes, we logged(as we both hated wasting our xp boosters we had turned on for EB earlier)…

Then got in again, queue at around 20……

Waited….waited……waited…….no progression…..

Logged out, then back in….queue at 15……rinse and repeat.

My question is, as there was a small path today……anyone else having similar problems? And is it that the queue is bugged, or is it actually progressing, but not showing it?

Will try much later, as wvw is always quieter late.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

queue progression

in WvW

Posted by: slimike.1693

slimike.1693

well you are waiting you can always go onto a different map. T1 had 4 maps queued but the longest i waited tonight without actually being in wvw was not voer 5 min. go in the emptiest map then que for whatever you want.

-Magswag

queue progression

in WvW

Teon.5168

well you are waiting you can always go onto a different map. T1 had 4 maps queued but the longest i waited tonight without actually being in wvw was not voer 5 min. go in the emptiest map then que for whatever you want.

All of our maps were queued…..we initially got in EB, because it was the smallest of the bunch….but all our maps were queued……so we had no choice….as they were all about the same size later. (and if you were wondering, yea, the wife and I have been here since almost the beginning, and I have been playing wvw for awhile, so we do know about queue jumping as you suggested)

Another hour, and it will empty out.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

queue progression

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Queue times vary the most with commander because 80% of the population are like headless chickens without someone holding their hand. 30 man queue where com left and no one else tag up can go by in 10 minutes, 30 man queue on an active border with a well known com can take an hour to get through (or more).

queue progression

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If there is a phenomenon where queues are not advancing, I think we need look no further than the new reward system. The best way to accumulate the new rewards is by being in WvW long enough to get through four tiers of pips. I’d bet we’re seeing a lot less people running around for a half hour and then going elsewhere.

queue progression

in WvW

Teon.5168

I would tend to agree with Indigo…..that probably has a lot to do with it.

That being said, I got in no prob later, as there were no queues, or very small ones.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

queue progression

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I don’t think the OP was saying the BLs were so busy that they couldn’t get in.

The OP seems to be saying the only way they could progress the cue was by logging out and logging back in. While waiting in que the numbers wouldn’t move. When They Re-logged, the que was always down…

(edited by Strider Pj.2193)

queue progression

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Maybe the queue prioritizes players not in WvW over players in WvW, so getting into WvW puts you ahead of trying to switch maps, but I doubt it. That would be a lot of unnecessary coding.