queue times during prime time

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

A recent onslaught of WvW guild transfers to Dragonbrand have made queue times unpalatable during prime time. On reset night I, and many others, were unfortunate enough to get instantly queued for my guild’s assigned borderland, despite spamming for entry. All 4 WvW maps were queued for well over an hour. After an hour and thirty minutes of waiting in queue, however, I finally just logged out.

Former tier 1 servers may be used to hours-long queue times, but they’re a whole new experience for me on Dragonbrand – a lousy experience. Since I feel I’ve exhausted GW2’s PvE content, I play primarily to WvW with my guild and occasionally PvP. I’d suggest that any situation that literally prevents a player from engaging the content that keeps them playing the game deserves serious attention and redress.

Since there are more whispers of possible incoming guild transfers to Dragonbrand, I worry that this situation will only worsen. And since all of my friends and guildmates – people that make the game worth playing – are on Dragonbrand, simply transferring to a lower population server isn’t feasible.

I’m certain that others on more populated servers have experienced similar frustrations, and rather than just “deal with it,” I’d hope some sort of solution is in the works.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

The ONLY solution if you really can’t deal with the queues is to transfer to a lower population server. Anet will not (and should not) increase the map size. Unfortunately, you are on a server that will regularly receive transfers hoping to freeload off of your SEA coverage. So it ain’t gonna get any better any sooner unless the server implodes which I find highly unlikely.

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

This is more of a player problem than anet. They shouldnt do anything about queue times and number of players allowed. Only thing the should do, is promote going to lower population servers and/or lock out transfers to higher population servers. It would help to better the overall community and health of the game. Ultimately though the players are just as much to blame for it.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

(edited by Elochai.1280)

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I think it’s remarkably kittenty to say you can either abandon all your friends, guildmates, and contacts to jump ship to be able to play the content, or you can stay with your friends, guildmates, and contacts and potentially be locked out of content. I don’t at all see how this is a player problem, when I did nothing to create the situation that has led to me not being able to play the content.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

The only time all four maps are queued on DB are for three hours immediately following reset. At any other point in the week you can get in.

I was in those queues myself, but they are predictable as clockwork. Go do some spvp, watch a movie, read a book. I spent my time doing that Hunger Games minigame.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

The system was not designed with the idea that people would bandwagon onto higher ranked servers. There are plenty of servers that have no ques for WvW at all. Anet is not going to change the current que limit, and IMO they should not change it. There are 24 North American Servers. You are supposed to use all 24. Not front load 6 of them and pretend the other 18 don’t exist.

So no, this is not Anet’s fault at all. Its entirely the fault of the players. What Anet can do however is allow Free transfers to servers like Eredons Terrace, Anvil Rock and Gates of Madness. I can guarantee if you transfer to those three you won’t have to wait at all to play WvW, not even on reset night.

Hell, 1 skill group guild from Dragonbrand would probably have the impact of a nuclear bomb down in Tier 8. I strongly suggest you consider it if you hate sitting in 5 hour ques. I know I have I had a blast helping to build up Borlis Pass these past 6 months. Rising from the depths of Tier 7 to our current position has been very interesting. And if more of the lower ranked servers became competitive, we would see far more match ups. Its a win win IMO. Less ques all around, and more new faces to smash in.

So transfer off your tier 1 server today!

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)