randomly being accused of hacking in T4

in WvW

Posted by: mashiara.3452

mashiara.3452

Just wonder if anyone else in the t4 match is being randomly accused of hacking, just for taking one of HOD’s keeps….
Like example , we broke into smc , we didnt take it , because their map blob showed up, but we took out the gates with 1 omega , and about 5 or 6 people. While in the lords room i was whispered , sworn at , and called a hacker.
No sorry I did not screen shot it, and I should have

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yes I’ve heard of several people having received such pm’s, it’s harassment at this point.
Apparently people on Hod don’t know how golems work, and that you don’t need map blob like they do to take stuff.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

It happens unfortunately and it’s not exclusive to HoD. My guild has had multiple people from both servers (Ebay, NSP) accuse us of hacking when we do something as basic as attack two gates at once and get guys inside through the undefended gate. Hell, one of my guys got a 12 hour suspensions because a group he fought (and beat) mass reported him.

Audun

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Anet should stick w/ their “No proof, No Nothing”
Or have better screening process for free interns.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

There’s a block function.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

SkyChef.5432

No, the concern here is Anet takes mass reports as an evidence of hacks. Which is NUT.
Ed: One Ebay player is banned for several days.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

No, the concern here is Anet takes mass reports as an evidence of hacks. Which is NUT.
Ed: One Ebay player is banned for several days.

I doubt that’s not true in the least.

They only suspend someone if a clear video was used when reporting them, or the game logs, after being reported, substantiated accusation.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim? Or are you in the habit of making unfounded accusations with no factual support?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No, the concern here is Anet takes mass reports as an evidence of hacks.

I doubt this. How many times have you had your entire server report (real) hackers? Yet nothing is ever done to them.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Someone give Coglin a hug.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Someone give Coglin a hug.

But he “doubts that’s not true in the least.”

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Eh he can believe what he wants. He just seems grouchy in every post. I think he needs a hug

Still awaiting your return as white knight Kuru. :P

Edit: Oh you`re evil. Now I`m obsessing over the double negative my mind jumped over earlier. Oh dang, triple?!!!!

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

SkyChef.5432

No, the concern here is Anet takes mass reports as an evidence of hacks.

I doubt this. How many times have you had your entire server report (real) hackers? Yet nothing is ever done to them.

Hah. You do follow our (real) hacker story eh? I was the one working w/ a DH player trying to video recording that (real) one.
We have the entire episode on our website w/ many respectable individuals on those 2 raids, it’s an accusation w/o evidences. He got banned. We also have the name of the accusing player and he has that habit like Coglin and the likes, too serious of their knowledge.
I have none charity left for Anet & their “enthusiasts” so w/ 50% chance I’m wrong. I still take it.

Ed: Message from Anet" 25 reports of hack in a small amount of time"

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in WvW

Posted by: Brat.4315

Brat.4315

Yes, this has happened many times from one guy on HoD. You kill him, you take his keeps and he whispers you with harassing words, accuses you of hacks and says ‘enjoy your ban’.

Most recent was a few days ago to which he got players from his server to report 1 person for hacking. And Anet’s response was ’ 25 reports of hacking in a short amount of time’ therefore this person (who it is their 1st offense) got a ban of 168 hours. He then sent in tickets to Anet and they will not lift his ban. So a few people sent in tickets to report the HoD player for harassment and false accusations and were told they no longer handle this type of complaint to use the ingame report system. The ingame report system as everyone knows has few options and no where to explain what has happened. I think anet needs to look into this guy’s chat logs but they won’t as they ’ no longer’ handle this type of ticket thru mail. Ridiculous.

(edited by Brat.4315)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You won’t get banned if you’re not hacking or breaking the code of conduct. You will if you are.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

A lot of times its probably a Mesmer hiding. And then people are like, what? our keep got taken when no walls or gates were even breached!

Just another reason to get rid of Mesmer stealth/portal combo bad mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Not a reason to nerf mesmers. If you don’t sweep, it’s your own fault for not finding a mesmer. I was in the HoD BL at the Ebay spawn and a bunch of HoD were there in our spawn. They couldn’t kill me, but I killed them multiple times for bags and took many screen shots. When someone on Ebay hacks, we’re all over him/her and refuse to take anything that smells of a hack.

However, with the AC’s supposedly getting a fix last patch, we just had a small party build an ac in the outside wall niche and kill all our inside siege at Hills. After they left, I went out to look at where the AC was, and there was no way any user should have been able to see inside Hills to hit anything with an AC from the outside stuck in a wall niche. So, was that a hack? I didn’t report cuz I wasn’t sure, but it sure looked fishy.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

You won’t get banned if you’re not hacking or breaking the code of conduct. You will if you are.

Totally and utterly false.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Yes, this has happened many times from one guy on HoD. You kill him, you take his keeps and he whispers you with harassing words, accuses you of hacks and says ‘enjoy your ban’.

Most recent was a few days ago to which he got players from his server to report 1 person for hacking. And Anet’s response was ’ 25 reports of hacking in a short amount of time’ therefore this person (who it is their 1st offense) got a ban of 168 hours. He then sent in tickets to Anet and they will not lift his ban. So a few people sent in tickets to report the HoD player for harassment and false accusations and were told they no longer handle this type of complaint to use the ingame report system. The ingame report system as everyone knows has few options and no where to explain what has happened. I think anet needs to look into this guy’s chat logs but they won’t as they ’ no longer’ handle this type of ticket thru mail. Ridiculous.

Have any proof of this or evidence of any kind?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Brat.4315

Brat.4315

Have any proof of this or evidence of any kind?

I could give proof of the person calling many many people hackers, cussing them and telling them to enjoy your ban. But that would be an infraction. And I in-turn would be banned and this thread locked. As far as anet’s response to the guy who got banned, wasn’t me so I can’t give that proof.

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

The problem isn’t so much that it happens but rather how Anet handles it. We had an old member that returned to the game briefly but no longer cared about the game, our reputation for not being kittening hackers. He was using movement/fly hacks in WvW for one night. Although he did not take any towers, it was an embarassment for that night. He was reported and “banned” for it, but back within literally one day. We had to kick him out of the guild because he thought it was funny.

Slaps on the wrist are ridiculous. Especially when this affects game play, but lude things such as ERP to someone who doesn’t want to be involved in it, or find it offensive, yields up to 7 day bans. Seriously… the hackers should be hit harder than someone who conducted themselves poorly in chat. They should re-implement the Dhuum ban from GW1.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

lol guys its this one guy that whispers apparently everyone that you’re hacking

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

no wonder why peoble ..are reporting here and there for hacking activities…with all that hacking going on ..peoble are going paranoid …

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

no wonder why peoble ..are reporting here and there for hacking activities…with all that hacking going on ..peoble are going paranoid …

The public perception of lack of anti-hacking enforcement means people see hackers everywhere: a lot real, but many false. Not much can be done as long as Anet’s not interested in policing their game.