reduced SFX in WvW please

in WvW

Posted by: Ybrahim.2084

Ybrahim.2084

We need options to reduce graphical complexity in WvW so that we can see people at a reasonable distance and just see in general. DAoC had a toggle where you could disable spell effects for everyone but you, or your group, and we need something like that in WvW.

Another option would be to allow us to reduce the particle count/opacity of effects so that we could still see stuff for combo fields but not have it be such a mess.

We also need to be able to see players at a reasonable distance, even if it is just their name tags (unless they are invisible due to stealth or something). That way at least we’d be able to make reasonable guesses about how many people we are facing and plan accordingly.

Thanks,
Matt

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

I don’t think it’s down to SFX but more a bandwith limitation so that server don’t crash imo.

In DAoC, we often had zone crash and zone lag because of this.

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

The servers were patched sometime around 9/1 to include a “feature” server-side that limited the number of players or NPCs visible. I posted about this the first day the forums were open: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Mobs-and-players-suddenly-appearing-pop-in/first#post90780

I’ll add this thread to the list. That’s now, I think, 15 separate threads about this very problem.