remove resurrection/rally from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Haqiang.6480

Haqiang.6480

The reason that large zergfest is favored in WvW is because when people die in it, they don’t need to run back, a revive at the end of a won fight will get them back up and running. 60 vs 30 will result in 30 being mostly wiped and 60 being up and running at all time. This gets worse with rally as the larger zerg will just aoe everything and not be afraid of dying…..chances are, you’ll rally within 5-10 second you went down.

Removing resurrection will allow small groups to whittle down large zergs with homefield advantages (closer spawn point), which make sense because the defender is suppose to have an advantage.

Of course this will also mean that Anet need to remove the 3 minute instant WP on a contested keep, just to balance the reinforcement.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Zergfest isn’t favoured in WvW, it’s favoured in the top tiers. You want smaller zergs, stop transferrin to the top tiers and complainin about how many people there are. Seriously.

I like the resurrection/rally mechanic. It lets small groups pick themselves up when you’re deep in enemy territory. I don’t want it removed just because some bandwagon’ers can’t stop bandwagon’ing. Stop pretending that 60 man zergs are actually WvW. It’s not WvW for a great deal of the servers. That you’re not on one of those servers when you’d apparently rather be is not at all my problem or the dev’s problem, I think.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

At lower tiers resurrection/rally keeps a good fight going get away from the zerg ball and youll understand.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

Not all zergs are the same. Good ones will raise downed allies, and keep tight. They also will have quite a lot of toughness and vit to prevent the enemy zerg from rallying off a downed enemy.

Bad ones will be full of chicken players, who will run away at the sign of the enemy, spreading the zerg thin. They will have players in zerkers gear who get downed in a few hits and these players never get raised because the chicken players are too busy running away.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Bump. This, or a cooldown, should have been implemented in WvW long ago. GW2 WvW for the majority of players is nothing more than a numbers game. Smaller forces struggle to simultaneously defend supply lines and objectives, push the enemy off the defeated, and carry enough supply to build adequate amounts of siege. Long ago the devs said they wanted to work on breaking up the zerg… seems common sense to me that this system would be the first to be scrutinized… it’s a blast in sPvP but game breaking in WvW where, typically, anything outnumbered is an exercise in futility.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Increase the time needed to res well in combat and limit rally to one for one (one up for one downed). Also remove the ability to res off of pve mobs well engaged in combat with a player. That would help a bit.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

if they removed it then you would see only warriors in wvw (if not already :x)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

if they removed it then you would see only warriors in wvw (if not already :x)

80% of the players in WvW are warriors, guardians or necros anyway

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

The problem with removing it is that there is no other way to rez except a couple of skills that rez people in down state

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Simple fix, zero rally, and only way to Rez downed people is out of combat. Very very simple.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

As much as a agree, its never ever going to happen.

I hate the downstate/really.. but its A-nets faking little baby and they wil never change it.

Its they most kittened machanism ever seen and 1 day i will ragequit becouse of it.

Only the mega zergers want it to stay in WvW.

Pve wise its nice but fak it in WvW.