remove siege equipment in EB jumping puzzle

in WvW

Posted by: SpedalFlux.1520

SpedalFlux.1520

there is 3 platforms, the middle one is lower and thats where my server spawns inside. now, the middle spawn platform can be reached by both the left and right platforms, most days its just an arrowcart or two constantly raining arrows but on one of the worst days i saw (combined from both left and right platforms) 4-5 arrow carts, 3-4 ballistas AND two trebs at the end of the puzzle, launching missiles all the way to the spawn area. i literally spawned on the platform and was dead within 6 seconds and there is no way to destroy the siege with like another 30 enemies camping the area below. By now Anet is more than fully aware of this but my question is, how do they not consider this gamebreaking? this is just the spawn point in the puzzle, dont even get me started on the arena room bottleneck camping grounds…

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

That’s why it’s called PvP…

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Remove the jumping puzzle.

:)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: SpedalFlux.1520

SpedalFlux.1520

That’s why it’s called PvP…

its not PVP when one side cannot kill the other

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

get rid of the jumping puzzle. nothing worse than losing a tower, asking for more help, then hearing people ask if the jumping puzzle is camped. get real.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

get rid of the jumping puzzle. nothing worse than losing a tower, asking for more help, then hearing people ask if the jumping puzzle is camped. get real.

I second this motion.

Get rid of that blasted thing.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

Wait… People siege-camp the jumping puzzle? There are people who waste their time doing this?

My server suddenly seems that much better.

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I second this motion.

Get rid of that blasted thing.

I third that motion.

Kill all them puzzle jumpers.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

If you ask me the jumping puzzle rewards should be kept in the hardest keeps to attack on each map. You kill the keep lord and the chest appears :P

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

By now Anet is more than fully aware of this but my question is, how do they not consider this gamebreaking?

Gamebreaking, really? Not being able to do one optional jumping puzzle out of several that are available because you can’t figure out how to avoid siege breaks the game? If you are getting destroyed by an arrow cart or two there is something very wrong with how you are playing the game. Arrow carts do kitten damage, not to mention you can damage siege on the beginning platform with AOE no matter how far back they place it. If you are complaining that you are being killed by several arrow carts when you are alone, then siege isn’t the issue, you are just being outnumbered. Use map chat to get some more people to go in with you and it should be easy to take out all the siege at the beginning. As for the rest of the puzzle, the fountains with invisible buff are there for a reason. If you aren’t fast enough, then learn the puzzle better so you can do it faster, but please stop complaining about being killed in a PvP zone.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I agree with this as well. Don’t see the point in having it there in the first place.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

No. Fight for it if you want the puzzle. Breaking a JP siege is one of the most satisfying things in this game. If you don’t want to do it, just don’t go there. You can always run with all the zerglings who use the puzzle as a scapegoat for their servers bad performance in the pointless server score numbers game. At least holding the JP has tangible benefits for your server.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

So, according to your words, there were more than 30(!) people camping the jumping puzzle, yet instead of doing what any other person would do in that situation and capture some supply camps/towers, where these 40 guys are NOT, you kept running in and getting yourself slaughtered?
If so many people are in the jp, sieges are not even that expensive. Grab a flame ram, take 5 guys and capture a tower.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

I agree with this as well. Don’t see the point in having it there in the first place.

The point is that there’s small scale pvp possible in an open’ish environment with a lot of terrain to use to your advantage that isn’t time nor objective controlled (sPvP matches).
Since WvW is the GW2 version of open world PvP I think it’s a nice inclusion to have something for the ganker / camping style players as well. Unless severely outnumbered it offers better chances for that playstyle than on the rest of the WvW maps where you always risk being zerged during that epic 3v8 battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

There should be multiple entrances to the jumping puzzle. Or maybe just a Mystic Fountain and not as much of a bottle neck for all the servers before they all meet in the puzzle.

Also, if there are that many people camping the jumping puzzle, then just cut off their reinforcements by taking their keep. Should be relatively easy with 30+ or 50+ of there team inside the jumping puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

The point is that there’s small scale pvp possible in an open’ish environment with a lot of terrain to use to your advantage that isn’t time nor objective controlled (sPvP matches).
Since WvW is the GW2 version of open world PvP I think it’s a nice inclusion to have something for the ganker / camping style players as well. Unless severely outnumbered it offers better chances for that playstyle than on the rest of the WvW maps where you always risk being zerged during that epic 3v8 battle.

They could have all that without it being a JP though. Make it a WvW control point instead, so it has importance in the actual war.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?