server linking serves no purpose

in WvW

Posted by: TalleFjanten.7159

TalleFjanten.7159

Lets be honest, population is on all time high since rewards are introduced, linking servers serves no purpose anymore other then easy way to bandwagon and for anet to make easy cash from transfers. If you gonan continue with linkings you need to either open up full servers or lock transfers to linked servers. get your kitten together because the gamemode is a snorefest.

in WvW

Posted by: DLight.7952

DLight.7952

I like linking servers. I’m not sure how one would know about “population being at an all time high.” As an Anvil Rock player, I’m not interested in going back to playing on empty maps. I like learning from different players; each server is quite unique.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Like you stated in your OP , it brings nice money in Anets bags.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

TalleFjanten.7159

I like linking servers. I’m not sure how one would know about “population being at an all time high.” As an Anvil Rock player, I’m not interested in going back to playing on empty maps. I like learning from different players; each server is quite unique.

If its truly empty like u say wouldnt it be better if they just closed the server and offered transfer to other servers. Not locking linked servers = easy bandwagon transfer to otherwise full servers. It happens way to often that they link servers that are otherwise full or high population already, atleast on EU.

in WvW

TalleFjanten.7159

left is SFR and right is Deso, so, they got queued on almost all maps, winning k/d and winning ppt. Why do they need a link again?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

If you have not played 3 years in last tiers against empty servers then you do not know how bad it is. Just stop talking rubbbish.

Linking was the best thing devs came up with. It works.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The issue with not linking servers is that…..

Servers that don’t have the coverage or commanders will end up dead again. We have that many people because we have commanders, commanders bring out populations.

Problem with linking is that the data representation isn’t accurate in itself. There are a lot of factors for it but we can all agree that devs are incapable of determining which servers are suitable to link with each other just by data alone. I mean, devs are just devs, they are not data analyst.

So we can’t unlink because we will lose all the benefits we gain from it aka consolidated populations, coverage and commanders.

Merging is not much different from linking, link in essence is a soft merger. You can’t open servers either without destroying balance further due to stacking and disparity in base populations. What left is to delete and reduce the numbers of servers drastically and implement a brand new system that can handle the disparity between servers better in both logical and fair manner.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Lets be honest, population is on all time high since rewards are introduced, linking servers serves no purpose anymore other then easy way to bandwagon and for anet to make easy cash from transfers. If you gonan continue with linkings you need to either open up full servers or lock transfers to linked servers. get your kitten together because the gamemode is a snorefest.

Pretty much nothing in this makes sense.

Let’s for a moment assume you are right and popluation is on all time high, this means every server marked as full has currently queues in every map during primetime. This means adding more players to these servers by “opening them up” would have no effect at all beside making queues longer.

Same way there is no reason to anyone transfer to the linked server to “bandwagon?” (whatever that is suppose to mean) because they share all the queues with the full server. Again, it would just make queues longer, and have 0 effect on the result of match because length of the queue is not rewarding more points.

I seriously have no idea what is your obsession thinking every player wants to pay gems so they can transfer into server with longer queues. Is there single reason anyone would want to do that? If you are actual WvW guild paying for transfer into full server or linked server would simply mean you can not raid anymore because no matter which map you pick you first have to wait 2 hours to get your guild in.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

delete servers with less pop. move players to fill the others. =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Pretty much nothing in this makes sense.

Let’s for a moment assume you are right and popluation is on all time high, this means every server marked as full has currently queues in every map during primetime. This means adding more players to these servers by “opening them up” would have no effect at all beside making queues longer.

Same way there is no reason to anyone transfer to the linked server to “bandwagon?” (whatever that is suppose to mean) because they share all the queues with the full server. Again, it would just make queues longer, and have 0 effect on the result of match because length of the queue is not rewarding more points.

I seriously have no idea what is your obsession thinking every player wants to pay gems so they can transfer into server with longer queues. Is there single reason anyone would want to do that? If you are actual WvW guild paying for transfer into full server or linked server would simply mean you can not raid anymore because no matter which map you pick you first have to wait 2 hours to get your guild in.

hands down,
detailed explanation about linking

slowly increase the tiers then slowly decrease the map cap
or
delete servers and make new ones then lose players and hope to get new ones

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness