sieges should use supply when fire

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Maybe they should be cheaper to build to conpensate a little but the 20 sieges in a tower is crazy
And also only use supply if they hit to prevent supply wasting

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Maybe they should be cheaper to build to conpensate a little but the 20 sieges in a tower is crazy
And also only use supply if they hit to prevent supply wasting

So if you are planning to solo a tower you get to make about 20 trips to a supply camp? Sounds super fun, great idea…..

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Attackers already have advantage of blocking supplies to an structure to make it starve. Why make it even easier for attackers when it’s already easy enough?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Explain to me how this would work … using 1 superior flame ram on a door as an example.

Your post makes it sound like a ram would require supply on every hit of the door, which makes no sense to me

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I was going to make that ram comment when I first posted but I think he meant long range siege…

I think…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I think ranged siege requiring ammo would be a good idea if they implemented it right. Would mean worlds need to think about siege placement and using only what is needed instead of filling keeps and towers with them.

It means that one or two people can’t. Just sit on siege and spam.

Well it is a good idea at least xD

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I think ranged siege requiring ammo would be a good idea if they implemented it right. Would mean worlds need to think about siege placement and using only what is needed instead of filling keeps and towers with them.

It means that one or two people can’t. Just sit on siege and spam.

Well it is a good idea at least xD

Yeah kitten those 2 people trying to defend! Don’t they know the only way to play is to follow a tag and k-train?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

Explain to me how this would work … using 1 superior flame ram on a door as an example.

Your post makes it sound like a ram would require supply on every hit of the door, which makes no sense to me

You dont fire a ram only with the fire skill :P ram shouldnt use supply but the defending ac should.
So if the defenders build 20 ac, 4 ram, 3 ballista, 5 shield gen they burn down the supply within minutes but 2-3 acs cant harm seriously the supply management

And there also should be new mastery what gives you “charges” after used supplys. For example you can hit 5 times with 1 supply

Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Yeah, because defenders advantage is too strong already. /s

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Worst idea I have ever heard! Your bad and you should feel bad!

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

You dont fire a ram only with the fire skill :P ram shouldnt use supply but the defending ac should.
So if the defenders build 20 ac, 4 ram, 3 ballista, 5 shield gen they burn down the supply within minutes but 2-3 acs cant harm seriously the supply management

And there also should be new mastery what gives you “charges” after used supplys. For example you can hit 5 times with 1 supply

Would each arrow on the arrow cart drain supply … or just per skill used?

I think objectives themselves should have personal siege cap…. depending on structure. Similar to how keeps can hold more supply than towers. Keeps could hold say 15 siege while towers only allow 5. This would give those 2 guys still a decent shot at defending … I mean they only will utilize 2-3 of the pieces anyways… while impacting the amount of over siege happy one can be. No need for that cata, counter treb, plus 2 shields gens + 4 ac’s … for say north outer gate hills.

I’m all for draining supplies faster, but why not just incorporate a treb into your attack, and have someone drop cows on supply caches?

I can only imagine this relates to attacking a keep, and one like hills, garri or ebg keeps. The rest of the structures are fairly easy to open regardless of how much siege someone places and towers don’t have a very large cache.

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

Would each arrow on the arrow cart drain supply … or just per skill used?

I think objectives themselves should have personal siege cap…. depending on structure. Similar to how keeps can hold more supply than towers. Keeps could hold say 15 siege while towers only allow 5. This would give those 2 guys still a decent shot at defending … I mean they only will utilize 2-3 of the pieces anyways… while impacting the amount of over siege happy one can be. No need for that cata, counter treb, plus 2 shields gens + 4 ac’s … for say north outer gate hills.

I’m all for draining supplies faster, but why not just incorporate a treb into your attack, and have someone drop cows on supply caches?

I can only imagine this relates to attacking a keep, and one like hills, garri or ebg keeps. The rest of the structures are fairly easy to open regardless of how much siege someone places and towers don’t have a very large cache.

Im not a developer, but personaly i think supply should gives you charges. For example 1 supply is 3 charges, ac uses 1, cata 2, treb 3 and there could be a mastery what gives you extra charges or something like that

Just the WvW
R3200+