so WvW got messed up again

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

due to this error people could not switch maps or even log into the game.
people who stayed in the same map could still play.
this is fine for pve, however this messes up WvW.
why?
i came back in the game and found my server far shiverpeaks having only +60 potential points, being stripped of 3 fully upgraded keeps.
we had no way to defend ourselves due to this time is where we have the least people online and we need to switch around maps to help eachother.
so if this bug happens again, make sure you at least kick EVERYONE in wvw out of the game.
if this screwup costs us, or any other server the match, you can bet the ppl will get kitten
so once again, good going anet!

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

So because some people get screwed up by a bug, everyone should.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

When the alternate is those people abusing the exploit to cheat… yes, kick everyone out.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Wicked.5479

if it directly influences the matchup, kitten yes

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

most people just goofed off. only a few had to do things like resurrect lords. most resurrected players for fun or ran around.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

we got hit too and lost garrison, but had a great party in JQ for a while.and i was wondering why i ended up in their garrison and couldn’t use the gates XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

When the alternate is those people abusing the exploit to cheat… yes, kick everyone out.

How is playing the game regularly exploiting, you team gets disconnected, the other team keeps playing. You want to punish them for playing the game, not exploiting a bug.

in WvW

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

How is playing the game regularly exploiting, you team gets disconnected, the other team keeps playing. You want to punish them for playing the game, not exploiting a bug.

Soooo… fairplay is clearly an alien concept to you.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

People were unkillable but able to rez any of the other teams / npc’s. That’s the exploiting part.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

You want to punish them for playing the game, not exploiting a bug.

Removing an unfair advantage given by a technical problem does not constitute “punishment”.

Kicking everyone out of the map together would’ve taken all of one minute of downtime for some, a very small “penalty” to maintain the health of the competition.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

FsP are dominating this matchup so i dont see why you are getting this mad. I wasn’t online for this but id bet my left leg you guys would have done the same thing.

From what i hear we had very little online as well. only 3 guys in EB who nearly took SM lol.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Wicked.5479

FsP are dominating this matchup so i dont see why you are getting this mad. I wasn’t online for this but id bet my left leg you guys would have done the same thing.

From what i hear we had very little online as well. only 3 guys in EB who nearly took SM lol.

first off this isnt about just my server, and yes i do think ppl from my server would have done the same, but that doesnt mean its not an unfair advantage.
in those 3 hours or so we lost 3K point to both DL and GH which in our matchup isnt such a big deal.
but now look at the tier below us, if the same happened it could mean losing the matchup.
any unfair advantage to any server should be removed straight away.

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

When i got back in to EB after the hour or so of downtime DL were rampaging through it with about 10 golems. WvW isn’t suppost to be fair, if you don’t get used to that fact then maybe it’s not the game-mode for you.

“any unfair advantage to any server should be removed straight away.”
Be careful what you wish for, if anet took your advice they’d have to cut the FSP prime-time population by about a third.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Wicked.5479

WvW is fair enough to let you at least defend yourself, whether outnumbered or not.
i simply cannot understand how anyone can defend this screwup from anet, honestly…